Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 2:16 am
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1421 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
er34er34 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:16 am
Pick up and drop off clients? You mean the technicians buying ice cream with the customer's car?
Well if they need to grab parts, pick up clients, run to the store/bank, or even pick up food, they just use customer car (if no license plate, then they put temporary one).
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
7041 posts
3010 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
More reason for a dashcam. More reason for it to be hardwired.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5489 posts
1642 upvotes
pintobean wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:43 pm
The end of that video is infuriating - the guy let them win and gave them the spot!

I once had the exact same thing happen to me at Pacific Mall when my wife and I were going to get screen protectors for our iPhones. I was signaling to pull into a spot and a girl jumped out of a car on the other side of the lane, ran through the spot and stood there to prevent me from turning in. Then her father drove around behind me and started honking and yelling that it was his spot and that he was there first. My wife and I argued with them for a bit, but couldn't get our point across, so I told her to just run in and get our phones done while I stayed in the car, halfway into the spot. I thought I had won, but the man pulled his car right up to my bumper and parked it there, effectively blocking me in. When my wife came back out, she got pissed at me for escalating the issue to the point that we were now unable to leave. She ended up getting security, but they were useless and stood around debating whether to have the car towed. My wife ended up having to go in and get us takeout from the food court and we had to eat in our car until the jerk and his daughter came back. They actually had the balls to argue with security and tried to put the blame on me before jumping into their car and driving off.
They drove off? Why were their tires not at the very least deflated by that point?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
15667 posts
3457 upvotes
Toronto
er34er34 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:27 pm
Not my video but it shows even luxury stealerships use every opportunity to screw the customer. Mississauga MB.

Bent rim by driving over curb? Most dealers do this, so not surprised or anything new. They can say they were test driving it and stopped to buy ice cream.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3090 posts
1213 upvotes
Hindenburg1 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:47 am
Cops don't show up anymore in Ontario unless somebody is hurt. The CRV owner probably doesn't even need the footage. The guy turning left is liable 10/10 times. Good on you for helping CRV guy out though.
Same here in Qc. They ask you to fill a "joint report" and send it to your insurance company. https://gaa.qc.ca/en/joint-report/at-a-glance/
I got a break in in my car, called police and they gave me a report # by phone for my insurance claim...
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3791 posts
1569 upvotes
Toronto
WHO wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 2:29 pm
They drove off? Why were their tires not at the very least deflated by that point?
Because I'm a real life human, not a keyboard warrior lol. My car was blocked in. If I deflated the guy's tires, I would not only have been blocking myself in for even longer, but I would also be a sitting duck if the guy decided to escalate the vandalism further in retaliation.
Mar 14, 2014
266 posts
185 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Stop being a Jerk. Its my wife who drove the car. I don't need your Sympathies. I can't buy anything with your Sympathy. $1000 is lot of money for me. No game plan. I posted what my insurance company mentioned.
If you can't help, Thats fine. Don't comment here rude. I am not a millionaire. I care for every $.

Also She drove to the next lane from which the truck travelling. No one can predict this event. Its a accident. Not blaming the truck for it as well.

Finally, Thanks for your advice.
canoek wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 1:33 pm
You clearly were too lazy to clean your own car. And you also drove next to a truck, while knowing there's snow.

And then you expect people to waste 3 minutes watching nothing before the action comes and then spend more time trying to figure out the plate number.

Not sure what your game plan is here, but no sympathies from me. Chalk it up as a lesson learned, $1,000 is not a lot of money.
Aug 12, 2016
328 posts
202 upvotes
pintobean wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 6:23 pm
Because I'm a real life human, not a keyboard warrior lol. My car was blocked in. If I deflated the guy's tires, I would not only have been blocking myself in for even longer, but I would also be a sitting duck if the guy decided to escalate the vandalism further in retaliation.
Don’t have to vandalis, can just pull the valve stem core out let it deflate and screw it back in. No damage but annoying as hell. You did the right thing by not escalating to this point, you were the mature one.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5489 posts
1642 upvotes
pintobean wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 6:23 pm
This ⬇
jaswest2754 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 8:24 pm
Don’t have to vandalis, can just pull the valve stem core out let it deflate and screw it back in. No damage but annoying as hell. You did the right thing by not escalating to this point, you were the mature one.
Hence, why I wrote "deflate" and not "slash"
Then they guy probably wouldn't even have noticed the deflated tires, backed off thinking he was getting away, and stopped a little further after I realized something was wrong. By then, you're gone and you won the battle. Not a tough guy thing, just smart ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3791 posts
1569 upvotes
Toronto
WHO wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:10 pm
This ⬇

Hence, why I wrote "deflate" and not "slash"
Then they guy probably wouldn't even have noticed the deflated tires, backed off thinking he was getting away, and stopped a little further after I realized something was wrong. By then, you're gone and you won the battle. Not a tough guy thing, just smart ;)
You think it's smart?!? Do you realize that it is criminal mischief to maliciously deflate another person's tires? And you may think there's no damage caused, but most rims are not designed to support the full weight of a car. Any damages incurred would surely have been my fault.

Luckily, I'm not dumb enough to commit an illegal act in broad daylight, with multiple witnesses and possibly even surveillance cameras observing my actions.

But if you think it's fair game, then go ahead keyboard warrior!
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
4833 posts
930 upvotes
GTA
pintobean wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:51 pm
You think it's smart?!? Do you realize that it is criminal mischief to maliciously deflate another person's tires? And you may think there's no damage caused, but most rims are not designed to support the full weight of a car. Any damages incurred would surely have been my fault.

Luckily, I'm not dumb enough to commit an illegal act in broad daylight, with multiple witnesses and possibly even surveillance cameras observing my actions.

Check your local scrapyard. rockauto or RFD for a CDN equivalent.

I fixed many damages inflicted by others and never paid the deductible out of pocket, at fraction of the sticker price.

I would not pay that $1K.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5489 posts
1642 upvotes
pintobean wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:51 pm

I'm a keyboard warrior? How? You come here and complain about how you were wronged, yada yada yada... but in the end you're the one who, in real life, is happy to be bullied without doing anything about it and just steam off on the interwebs.
I, on the other end, resolve my issues myself and don't let myself be bullied. Then, I don't have to whine about it on the web.

In conclusion: to each their own, but calling me names won't change the fact that you chose to let yourself be bullied and only proves you're the keyboard warrior.
May 30, 2006
491 posts
551 upvotes
Keep an eye on the black Accord and silver VW coming out of the gas station on the right.

Must be related...

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

GYR8, NewsyL