Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Dec 27, 2017
451 posts
459 upvotes
linsook wrote:
Dude is shaking his head at me.

If you're my neighbour, stay in your lane bro. Lines were just painted last week for fools like you.
From the video it doesn't look like he crossed the line into your lane. It's just the geometry of the corner creating conflict points.

There's also a mirror at the far end of the corner indicating that this is a potential blind spot situation. You both should be driving slowly and cautiously around this corner.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
jgaleazza wrote: From the video it doesn't look like he crossed the line into your lane. It's just the geometry of the corner creating conflict points.

There's also a mirror at the far end of the corner indicating that this is a potential blind spot situation. You both should be driving slowly and cautiously around this corner.
Use that big giant mirror. That's your cue to slow down, check that the way is clear and proceed cautiously. Y'all both thinking that corner is big enough for two cars.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1117 posts
318 upvotes
jgaleazza wrote:
From the video it doesn't look like he crossed the line into your lane. It's just the geometry of the corner creating conflict points.

Screenshot_20231011_110309_YouTube.png

Video clearly shows him over the line and needing to correct. You mention the mirror, zoom in on it. Let me know what you see.
AtticGoo wrote:
Use that big giant mirror. That's your cue to slow down, check that the way is clear and proceed cautiously. Y'all both thinking that corner is big enough for two cars
It is big enough for two full sized sedans, let alone a Corolla. I'm not a truck either.

I was aware the vehicle was there from the mirror. I didn't expect the driver to be incompetent.
Dec 27, 2017
451 posts
459 upvotes
linsook wrote: Screenshot_20231011_110309_YouTube.png

Video clearly shows him over the line and needing to correct. You mention the mirror, zoom in on it. Let me know what you see.

It is big enough for two full sized sedans, let alone a Corolla. I'm not a truck either.

I was aware the vehicle was there from the mirror. I didn't expect the driver to be incompetent.
Easy tiger. The mirror is a clear indicator that this is a corner with potential conflicts and that you should proceed with caution, that includes slowing and allowing an oncoming car to complete the corner before you enter it.

If the drivers side wheel being ON the painted line is an indicator of driver incompetence than 80% of GTA drivers are incompetent because I see it in live traffic every day.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1117 posts
318 upvotes
jgaleazza wrote: Easy tiger. The mirror is a clear indicator that this is a corner with potential conflicts and that you should proceed with caution, that includes slowing and allowing an oncoming car to complete the corner before you enter it.

If the drivers side wheel being ON the painted line is an indicator of driver incompetence than 80% of GTA drivers are incompetent because I see it in live traffic every day.
You are very generous in viewing that as simply being on the line. Also a great endorsement of your acceptance of GTA driving behaviour.

But maybe you are right, I should expect disgustingly poor driving and drive accordingly.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
linsook wrote:
Screenshot_20231011_110309_YouTube.png

He is definitely over the line. Is there any signage explaining who needs to yield? Usually the sign will say yield to oncoming or exiting traffic.

Depending on what the signage says we can determine who messed up.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1117 posts
318 upvotes
AtticGoo wrote: He is definitely over the line. Is there any signage explaining who needs to yield? Usually the sign will say yield to oncoming or exiting traffic.

Depending on what the signage says we can determine who messed up.
Nobody needs to yield, it can fit two cars. Been here for 10 years haven't had an issue before.

I suppose it doesn't matter who messed up. If we were to hit I would likely blame myself as well.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
linsook wrote: Nobody needs to yield, it can fit two cars. Been here for 10 years haven't had an issue before.

I suppose it doesn't matter who messed up. If we were to hit I would likely blame myself as well.
Alright. Well in that case it sounds like the other guy messed up.

I'm shocked there isn't signage posted. Lots of parking garages with ramps usually say to which side of traffic has priority.

Be safe! Hope that doesn't happen you again.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
BengaliPrince wrote: Guy had crazy road rage today

Switches lanes without checking his blindspots and thinks I intentionally did not let him switch lanes or something and went crazy

00:11 No Blindspot Check
00:34 Middle Finger
00:58 Brake Check
1:19 Car Info
I hope you reported this roid rage.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
king_george wrote: We were on the way back to our hotel in Levis, QC after visiting the waterfall in Charny, QC.

Notice that the very next car on the right does exactly the same thing as the previous car. Looks like a honeypot intersection for the local PD.

IRL I've never had a karma cop show up when it's needed. Super rare but I suppose it feels amazing when they stop someone.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3614 posts
1214 upvotes
Vaughan
I think the woman in the SUV would have crashed into me if I didn't honk. She didn't even see me, until I honked. She was also cutting through parking spots in the parking lot, instead of driving on the designated paths. I don't mind the Corolla being stopped there, but at least pull to the side, and not in the middle. I also had to honk at the Corolla, because I don't think he realized I was there. No sound in the video, because of profanity on my part.

Last edited by phuviano on Oct 15th, 2023 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada
I am Tesla, I am so cool, red light doesn't apply to me!

Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10947 upvotes
Scarbs
Fastest off camera u-turn I've never seen
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada
aeba7 wrote: Fastest off camera u-turn I've never seen
Is not a u-turn. It just happen to have another white Tesla drove by.
If he want to turn right, he can just do right turn on red legally.
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
cheapshopper wrote: I am Tesla, I am so cool, red light doesn't apply to me!

GYEX 810
Might as well submit to YRP.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada
chimaican wrote: GYEX 810
Might as well submit to YRP.
Done already
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
Has anyone ever heard back after submitting dash cam footage to police? I've never heard back on the status of my submissions. I wonder if it's a waste of time.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
radeonboy wrote: Has anyone ever heard back after submitting dash cam footage to police? I've never heard back on the status of my submissions. I wonder if it's a waste of time.
There is an officer who is specifically assigned to the Road Watch system.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)