Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2018 10:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7592 posts
5910 upvotes
Oakville
blexann wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 10:58 pm
Who ever honked should not have, could have been a much more serious situation.
I can't believe you're blaming the OP instead of the moron in the intersection. People honk all the time, it doesn't mean you have to panic and do something stupid.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7592 posts
5910 upvotes
Oakville
blexann wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 11:07 pm
The honking was wrong and did not help matters, questionable how much it had to do with the crash but certainly didn't help the situation. Had the op not honked there's a chance the car remains there until the light turns at which point the intersection would be clear for all cars to proceed.
And OP and other cars would be stuck in the intersection just like the first dummy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6120 posts
996 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 11:10 pm
I can't believe you're blaming the OP instead of the moron in the intersection. People honk all the time, it doesn't mean you have to panic and do something stupid.
Not really blaming because we don't know for sure if that honking caused the driver to cross the intersection but put yourself in that situation (op's situation), would you honk? I would not, forget fault and just consider the outcome. I think whoever is in that intersection needs to help that driver, the honking did not help. If I was the OP I would have just waited at the white line since the intersection was clearly blocked.
________

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6120 posts
996 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 11:11 pm
And OP and other cars would be stuck in the intersection just like the first dummy.
right, don't proceed if the intersection is blocked which exactly what the op did.
________

Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
4506 posts
778 upvotes
GTA
goneinsixtyseconds wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 10:22 pm
The aftermath. Could have been far worse for both drivers.

Was someone injured? the crossing car or some random pedestrian?

Still has previous clip? I suspected that orange car wasn't paying attention to the potential going grid lock situation thus got stuck in such bad place.
Dec 20, 2006
366 posts
100 upvotes
Lol, we can over analyze the situation to the moon like blaming the City of Markham. If it wasn’t for poor traffic design, Main Street North wouldn’t have been backed up at 9 pm which caused the Volvo to get stuck. Should we blame the traffic engineer?

At the end of the day the Volvo made several critical errors while in control of their vehicle which directly lead to the crash. They should not have entered the intersection if they couldn’t safely clear it and should not have crossed traffic almost 10 seconds AFTER the light turned green for the cars heading west on Hwy 7.
the internet is serious business.
Oct 3, 2010
43 posts
23 upvotes

go to 0:50. I thought the newer cars have blind spot monitoring system.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6836 posts
2678 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
goneinsixtyseconds wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 10:22 pm
If you're stuck in an intersection many seconds after a red light, DON'T CROSS TRAFFIC. One of the most dangerous situations you could put yourself in.

Where did the white vehicle come from? Tried watching the video and I just don't see it.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6120 posts
996 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 6:38 am
Where did the white vehicle come from? Tried watching the video and I just don't see it.
I believe it's 3 lanes of crossing traffic.

It was in the middle lane between that white pick-up and another vehicle. Pause it at 11 seconds go frame by frame you will see the front bumper of the oncoming car at the time it hits the Volvo. It's almost completely shielded by the Volvo except for that small piece of the front bumper at impact.
________

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6836 posts
2678 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
blexann wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 8:54 am
I believe it's 3 lanes of crossing traffic.

It was in the middle lane between that white pick-up and another vehicle. Pause it at 11 seconds go frame by frame you will see the front bumper of the oncoming car at the time it hits the Volvo. It's almost completely shielded by the Volvo except for that small piece of the front bumper at impact.
Either way, that idiot shouldn't have been in the intersection to begin with. Should have reversed the car.

*edit* deleted comments after rewatching
Last edited by chimaican on Aug 4th, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1558 posts
170 upvotes
Mississauga
chimaican wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 9:06 am
I live in Markham and I know the intersection. There is one dedicated left turn lane, one dedicated straight, and one dual straight/right. I'm assuming that white car must have been going much faster than the posted 50kph for the dashcam to only pick up a blur.

Either way, that idiot shouldn't have been in the intersection to begin with. Should have reversed the car.
I see the impact. That's terrible for the Volvo, stuck in no-mans land. I think the white car has some blame here as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3117 posts
344 upvotes
rps13 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 4:15 am

Most of the video you are driving in the mini drivers blind spot . Most people do not have their mirrors adjusted properly . So if you sit in the blind spot be ready to be cut off .

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6836 posts
2678 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
guessguy wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 9:45 am
I see the impact. That's terrible for the Volvo, stuck in no-mans land. I think the white car has some blame here as well.

Oops, you're right. Just rewatched the video on my computer instead and realize I was assuming the wrong angle of the intersection (originally though OP was NB). Yes, there are two straight lanes.

What the hell was that guy thinking?

Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3610 posts
785 upvotes
Vancouver
rps13 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 4:15 am

Richmond BC again, just a couple of blocks away from the earlier video. If a person was paid a $1 for every time his web cam caught something driving through Richmond. their gas would be paid for every day.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)