Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 2:55 am
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19938 posts
3820 upvotes
Poormond Hill
goneinsixtyseconds wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 2:54 pm
I believe so. So long as there weren't serious injuries or a fatality, documenting the scene as a learning experience for others of situations to avoid when on the road. Ultimately that's what I see as the value of a dash cam thread.
I'm not referring to the recording of your dash cam. I'm referring to you pulling out your cellphone and recording the scene involving the first aid responders. I know English is not your first language.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4339 posts
1938 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Caerus wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 7:17 pm
You can see the Focus coming from the right side. Green for me and yield for him. You would think with a bus stopped, you would be even more careful since this giant box is covering your view of vehicles and possibly pedestrians. Nope, no need to look, just hang right. Maybe yield later.

I was already easing off the gas as soon as I saw little kids walking from the bus, so this wasn't as bad as it could have been. But seriously, let's just not pay attention, drive by a bus, and past a yield sign. Nobody will be there.

Terrible driver, probably didn't look until last second.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3669 posts
830 upvotes
Vancouver
Alvord wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 11:32 am

ABS kicked in
Coming out of The Beer Store parking lot.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm????????

Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7710 posts
3555 upvotes
Toronto

long boring video
1) epic cut off on 401 @ 9:50
2) 2 car country road pass @ 15:40
3) 14:10 big bridge to Prince Edward County (cross lake).
4) I neglected to stop at the sandbanks stop sign after paying the ticket people at end of video.

other random boring stuff throughout the video - left lane hogs, no reason braking, me blocking people from taking left lane.

8x speed.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6394 posts
1156 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 2:14 pm

long boring video
4) I neglected to stop at the sandbanks stop sign after paying the ticket people at end of video.

other random boring stuff throughout the video - left lane hogs, no reason braking, me blocking people from taking left lane.

8x speed.
How is Sandbanks these days anyway? haven't visited in quite some time
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6394 posts
1156 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 2:14 pm

long boring video

8x speed.
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7710 posts
3555 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 2:41 pm
lots of Qubecers... like 80% of the cars in the lot were Quebec plates. not that it matters. Beach was actually quite packed. Lots of people. No OPP so drank my booze right on the beach lol.
Beach is nice. Only went to the one that the video shows.
There is the "dune" beach which is like 5 minute drive in the other direction.

we stayed for 1 night. not worth it though... Picton is small and boring. Unless you plan to spend a day visiting wineries with mediocre wines, I don't know if it's worth it.... get to Sandbanks early, spend the day, and then drive home in the evening.
we went to the Terracello winery. It was alright.. they had good pizza.. but the wine was meh.
Ice cream we went to "slickers" in downtown Picton, it was really good.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7710 posts
3555 upvotes
Toronto

Picton to Lake on the Mountain.
nothing exciting happens, just boring small town, and lots of greenery. No shot of lake on the mountain though :(
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6394 posts
1156 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 2:51 pm
lots of Qubecers... like 80% of the cars in the lot were Quebec plates. not that it matters. Beach was actually quite packed. Lots of people. No OPP so drank my booze right on the beach lol.
Beach is nice. Only went to the one that the video shows.
There is the "dune" beach which is like 5 minute drive in the other direction.

we stayed for 1 night. not worth it though... Picton is small and boring. Unless you plan to spend a day visiting wineries with mediocre wines, I don't know if it's worth it.... get to Sandbanks early, spend the day, and then drive home in the evening.
we went to the Terracello winery. It was alright.. they had good pizza.. but the wine was meh.
Ice cream we went to "slickers" in downtown Picton, it was really good.
Interesting on the Quebecers I do seem to recall there were many but 80% that's alot, The main attraction for us was the good camping along with the nice sandy beach - a rarity in this province.
________

Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7710 posts
3555 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 3:08 pm
Interesting on the Quebecers I do seem to recall there were many but 80% that's alot, The main attraction for us was the good camping along with the nice sandy beach - a rarity in this province.
true. if you're going for the camping, they have nice grounds.
Apr 12, 2011
592 posts
432 upvotes
Etobicoke
sandikosh wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 7:26 pm
I'm not referring to the recording of your dash cam. I'm referring to you pulling out your cellphone and recording the scene involving the first aid responders. I know English is not your first language.
Just let it go... We get it: you are not happy about cellphone recordings involving EMTs. I don't agree with you. Also, the OPs response to your question was a pretty valid response, in my opinion...
Yet you keep on going, and then you say: "I know English is not your first language."
What does that have to do with anything? His english language skills are fine!
Please, respond to me and tell me how I'm wrong.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11324 posts
1736 upvotes
RFD
Out and about today in the morning bringing my mother to an appointment. It was so quiet in the morning. Cruising at a leisurely pace of around 55 km/h, yet we managed to run into a complete moronic lady driving an older Hyundai Elantra that I could not understand what she was thinking when she pulled in front of our vehicle. Only conclusion I can come up with is that she was day dreaming or either thought she had an advance light and followed the two vehicles in front of her as if it was an advance (it was not). From her position she could see our vehicle very clearly. She was so oblivious to what was going on and what she had done, she continued on through as if there was no one coming toward her and never made eye contact with us. At least speed the heck up to avoid a collision you instigated? WTH???? SMH