Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 2:55 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6395 posts
1156 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Aug 6th, 2018 11:36 pm
Out and about today in the morning bringing my mother to an appointment. It was so quiet in the morning. Cruising at a leisurely pace of around 55 km/h, yet we managed to run into a complete moronic lady driving an older Hyundai Elantra that I could not understand what she was thinking when she pulled in front of our vehicle. Only conclusion I can come up with is that she was day dreaming or either thought she had an advance light and followed the two vehicles in front of her as if it was an advance (it was not). From her position she could see our vehicle very clearly. She was so oblivious to what was going on and what she had done, she continued on through as if there was no one coming toward her and never made eye contact with us. At least speed the heck up to avoid a collision you instigated? WTH???? SMH

Glenn Erin and Britannia ? There's quite a few elderly people in that area I, that driver seemed completely out of it, unfortunately it's just how it is.
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11434 posts
1745 upvotes
Markham
radeonboy wrote:
Out and about today in the morning bringing my mother to an appointment. It was so quiet in the morning. Cruising at a leisurely pace of around 55 km/h, yet we managed to run into a complete moronic lady driving an older Hyundai Elantra that I could not understand what she was thinking when she pulled in front of our vehicle. Only conclusion I can come up with is that she was day dreaming or either thought she had an advance light and followed the two vehicles in front of her as if it was an advance (it was not). From her position she could see our vehicle very clearly. She was so oblivious to what was going on and what she had done, she continued on through as if there was no one coming toward her and never made eye contact with us. At least speed the heck up to avoid a collision you instigated? WTH???? SMH

Thumbs up for the audio lol
Aug 27, 2010
67 posts
37 upvotes

There is no sound but trust me I was using my horn.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1750 posts
320 upvotes
Burnaby
^ probably assumed there was going to be a left turn signal/arrow, even though there is not. Because they obviously didnt see the cyclist either or didnt care about the cyclist who was also in the wrong for riding across as opposed to walking their bike across mind you.
Mar 17, 2016
722 posts
502 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:

Oh jeez that loud "ooooooohhhhhh" scream of your mom. My mom does the same exact thing and the arms to the sides motion any time something even tiny bit scary happens on the road. Irritates me a lot more than what the other car does. Like what is the point of all that screaming and arm flailing? I see the road perfectly myself. Contain yourself. I tell her that as nice as possible, yet she still does it everytime.
/Just had to rant
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11324 posts
1736 upvotes
RFD
Hindenburg1 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 5:09 pm
Oh jeez that loud "ooooooohhhhhh" scream of your mom. My mom does the same exact thing and the arms to the sides motion any time something even tiny bit scary happens on the road. Irritates me a lot more than what the other car does. Like what is the point of all that screaming and arm flailing? I see the road perfectly myself. Contain yourself. I tell her that as nice as possible, yet she still does it everytime.
/Just had to rant
Haha true enough. Not much I can do, already said the same as you long ago and didn't make a difference. I just try to focus on my driving and zone out the scream. My mom doesn't do the arm gestures as yours does, just the loud voice haha. I totally agree with you, I can see the road perfectly too.

Granted I understand why she is afraid, she's already been in two collisions (both not her fault) and one being a head on collision which I was a passenger to.
We've both been in the same exact scenario as this video before, but at a higher speed, it took her a couple of years to fully heal.

Not much any one can do. It is annoying though, haha
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1587 posts
694 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ThaChingster wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 12:20 am
7 series doesnt know to stay in his lane

Which car are you driving?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
1180 posts
1013 upvotes
GTA
FR-S/86/BRZ

You can tell by the tops of the front fenders. And the boxer engine which had my thinking it was an Impreza at first.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
7027 posts
2995 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
^^^^
At least they signaled. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1719 posts
342 upvotes
Markham
derass wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 9:10 pm
FR-S/86/BRZ

You can tell by the tops of the front fenders. And the boxer engine which had my thinking it was an Impreza at first.
Yes, that would be the unequal length header. Good ear
canoek wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 8:00 pm
Which car are you driving?
Hyper Blue BRZ
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2813 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't had the time to watch the videos in this thread. I was backlogged since last December but I've been catching up and I'm at April. It's had when I haven't been driving as part of my daily commute. However the last month I've been back behind the wheel and recently caught these.

Guy in the red car at the end of the video ran the red light off in the distance. The video captured only one of the double flashes.

https://goo.gl/maps/zxfDS3gPWAq

This stretch of Bathurst is slow due to construction. This lady decided to use the left turn lane to cut in front of all the traffic and save her 4 minutes of commute time. You can see her right turn signal come on the second the East/West traffic light turned red, and she jumps the gun thinking the Southbound traffic wasn't getting an advance.
I politely called her out on it further down the road as she had all her windows open and her kids in the car; asking if this is the type of behavior she wanted to teach her kids. Her response was she couldn't make a left there because of the "no left turn sign" (which you can see in the video doesn't exist). I couldn't remember at the time if that sign was there or not. But I knew she was still full of it, because by missing that left she had to drive past the 407/highway 7. Which doing that, turning around, and sitting in more traffic Southbound would have been an extra 10 minutes. With the way she went through straight through that intersection she would have just made the left turn; if that's what she was actually intending to do.

https://goo.gl/maps/1VW51pVgFZn