Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 10:09 am
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
6770 posts
2565 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
@daivey Well, if you live in Markham (like I do), Scarborough or Brampton, you must assume everything will go wrong. Defensive driving 110% of the time. LOL....
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7305 posts
3122 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 2:44 pm
@daivey Well, if you live in Markham (like I do), Scarborough or Brampton, you must assume everything will go wrong. Defensive driving 110% of the time. LOL....
true.
anytime I go 404/ hwy 7, it's a different world of driving lol
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3080 posts
338 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 2:25 pm
I had 2 options:
a) slam brakes
b) swerve
I saw coast was clear and took swerve + slow down mildly.

The issue with slamming the brake, is that there are cars behind me, and given it's rush hour, they are all riding your ass. So had I slammed my brakes, I potentially could have been rear-ended. I also saw the gap in the road, so chose to go wide enough to give cyclist space.. If street car was coming from other direction, I was already to WIDE to begin with. My counter move would have likely been slow down, and move to the RIGHT of my street car tracks... The domino effect being me slowing down, and moving in behind the cyclists way further back and potentially giving way more space.

I'm unsure if you understand where my car is in relation to the road. My dash cam is to the RIGHT of my rear view mirror. My positioning on the road has my side mirrors pretty much over the yellow line. I don't think you realize how much space there is between me and the truck.

You are trying to account for all scenarios in your bashing, but each scenario plays out differently and has a different counter-reaction.

This is a chess board. Person makes move A, you make counter move B..

I'm not "ranting" I'm trying to give you some logic bombs so that you can learn how to drive. It's very clear to me you do not drive in Toronto traffic.
I`ll put my 80k + driving a year against your commuting any day . I also drive a truck and a 40 foot bus through Toronto . Your "logic bombs" don`t fly in defensive driving . I`ll put my ACMZ license against yours anytime . Crossing into on coming traffic traffic to save a few seconds is not the answer .

I encourage everyone to take a real defensive driving course .

BTW thanks for the lesson .
Sr. Member
Sep 8, 2017
758 posts
586 upvotes
GTA
There was also option c) hang back and allow the cyclist to pass the truck
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7305 posts
3122 upvotes
Toronto
pfbmgd wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 3:37 pm
I`ll put my 80k + driving a year against your commuting any day . I also drive a truck and a 40 foot bus through Toronto . Your "logic bombs" don`t fly in defensive driving . I`ll put my ACMZ license against yours anytime . Crossing into on coming traffic traffic to save a few seconds is not the answer .

I encourage everyone to take a real defensive driving course .

BTW thanks for the lesson .
and yet 0 videos.
ure pro
just here to criticize everyone else and troll people it seems. u're quite annoying. at least if what you said made some logical sense.. but it's just diarhea.

by your logic, swerving and cutting off cars, makes sense. I guess that's how you drive your bus?

now i understand your stubborn tonality and your character. It's that you're a truck driving. It all makes sense now.
U WIN BRO.
Last edited by daivey on Aug 18th, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7305 posts
3122 upvotes
Toronto
derass wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 3:40 pm
There was also option c) hang back and allow the cyclist to pass the truck
sure, post your videos so we can give you a b c of driving when someone swerves into you.

Oh wait... Option D) YOU SHOULDNT be there.
amiright?

lol, you guys are amazing.

the logic is awesome: "don't be there, it's your mistake for being in a car on the road"
lol love it.


Defensive driving 101: Don't be in the car.

good logic.
u guys win

I actually can't believe the criticism of someone swerving in-front of you, cutting you off for no reason, ends up being YOUR fault. It's actually quite incredible. I have to wonder how these pro drivers react/drive to daily road obstacles...
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3080 posts
338 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 4:03 pm
sure, post your videos so we can give you a b c of driving when someone swerves into you.

Oh wait... Option D) YOU SHOULDNT be there.
amiright?

lol, you guys are amazing.

the logic is awesome: "don't be there, it's your mistake for being in a car on the road"
lol love it.


Defensive driving 101: Don't be in the car.

good logic.
u guys win

I actually can't believe the criticism of someone swerving in-front of you, cutting you off for no reason, ends up being YOUR fault. It's actually quite incredible. I have to wonder how these pro drivers react/drive to daily road obstacles...
The OP did what he though was correct . Other people have different views . That is why these boards exist to discuss . No one is laying blame on anyone . Just discussing different options how to deal with the situation .
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3080 posts
338 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 3:58 pm
and yet 0 videos.
ure pro
just here to criticize everyone else and troll people it seems. u're quite annoying. at least if what you said made some logical sense.. but it's just diarhea.

by your logic, swerving and cutting off cars, makes sense. I guess that's how you drive your bus?

now i understand your stubborn tonality and your character. It's that you're a truck driving. It all makes sense now.
U WIN BRO.
Wow a " troll " , "Annoying " and it`s all " diarrhea " nice . I never said the bicyclist was not at fault . All I said there was a better way to handle the situation . Don`t like to be criticized then don`t post your driving .

No one wins it`s the discussion .

BTW the cyclist is the winner by you not hitting her .
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7305 posts
3122 upvotes
Toronto
pfbmgd wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 4:31 pm
Wow a " troll " , "Annoying " and it`s all " diarrhea " nice . I never said the bicyclist was not at fault . All I said there was a better way to handle the situation . Don`t like to be criticized then don`t post your driving .

No one wins it`s the discussion .

BTW the cyclist is the winner by you not hitting her .
no, i just think it's funny that the people with zero videos, or contributions, have the biggest mouths on these forums about right/wrong way to handle things because I've never seen any video in which you've had to handle anything. I've never seen a video where you've had to handle a car swerving infront of your rig. I've never seen a video of you do anything in your life time, other than what you say you do.

if I had hit her, that video would have saved me. other person had said "it would incriminate me". She blatantly swerved. It's irrelevant if I could have hung back and provided more time for her to clear the truck.
You know what else I could have done? Not be driving on that day.... but that is irrelevant.
The only thing is what happened. She swerved.
She could have swerved and me be 20 meters behind her. She could have swerved, got her tire stuck in the train track, fallen over, and got run over. Lots of "could haves".

that's how ridiculous the posts sound.
There was no boxing in the cyclist. There was plenty of space. There was plenty of time. The cyclist SWERVED. You cannot anticipate someone swerving into you, or in front of you for no reason. And while you can prepare yourself for these scenarios to happen, you can't be sure that even in your preparation that it plays out how you think.
I was not in a rush or driving aggressively.

If that cyclist did not swerve, this would be an every day car passing bike.... Every single day, cars pass bikes. There is NOThing different about this incident, other than she swerved. And maybe I'm mixing up the posters of who said what so I'm not just calling u out.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3080 posts
338 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 4:54 pm
no, i just think it's funny that the people with zero videos, or contributions, have the biggest mouths on these forums about right/wrong way to handle things because I've never seen any video in which you've had to handle anything. I've never seen a video where you've had to handle a car swerving infront of your rig. I've never seen a video of you do anything in your life time, other than what you say you do.

if I had hit her, that video would have saved me. other person had said "it would incriminate me". She blatantly swerved. It's irrelevant if I could have hung back and provided more time for her to clear the truck.
You know what else I could have done? Not be driving on that day.... but that is irrelevant.
The only thing is what happened. She swerved.
She could have swerved and me be 20 meters behind her. She could have swerved, got her tire stuck in the train track, fallen over, and got run over. Lots of "could haves".

that's how ridiculous the posts sound.
There was no boxing in the cyclist. There was plenty of space. There was plenty of time. The cyclist SWERVED. You cannot anticipate someone swerving into you, or in front of you for no reason. And while you can prepare yourself for these scenarios to happen, you can't be sure that even in your preparation that it plays out how you think.
I was not in a rush or driving aggressively.

If that cyclist did not swerve, this would be an every day car passing bike.... Every single day, cars pass bikes. There is NOThing different about this incident, other than she swerved. And maybe I'm mixing up the posters of who said what so I'm not just calling u out.
I don`t need to post videos to discuss here . You take the risk when you post yours . Some will agree with you some won`t . Don`t lose your cool about . It`s just a different point of view . My camera overrides every few hours . By the time I come home I have forgotten the daily craziness out there .
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
6770 posts
2565 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)


First the red big rig makes a nice wide right turn from the dedicated left turn lane, followed by the Sienna taking a nice sharp left.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7305 posts
3122 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 5:34 pm


First the red big rig makes a nice wide right turn from the dedicated left turn lane, followed by the Sienna taking a nice sharp left.
oh dude, totally your fault that the car ahead of you made that stupid left turn like that... you should have put your hazards on, stopped the car, taken your keys out of the ignition, waiting 5 minutes for that driver to pass before taking that light. way to much risk!

u should have been more defensive and anticipated that someone would make a left turn like that. then been able to avoid capturing the whole situation on your dash cam.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11130 posts
1484 upvotes
Markham
daivey wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 5:39 pm
oh dude, totally your fault that the car ahead of you made that stupid left turn like that... you should have put your hazards on, stopped the car, taken your keys out of the ignition, waiting 5 minutes for that driver to pass before taking that light. way to much risk!

u should have been more defensive and anticipated that someone would make a left turn like that. then been able to avoid capturing the whole situation on your dash cam.
Lol. Love it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
5972 posts
2086 upvotes
ON
ottofly wrote:
Aug 17th, 2018 10:43 pm
Not my opinion, chief. Blah blah blah...
I asked you for case law where someone got charged with "murder"(which I was accused of by some numbnuts), manslaughter or reckless driving at the very least for hitting someone on a motorcycle running a red light. You copy pasted a whole bunch of unrelated crap that proves nothing about what would actually happen in court.
Court cases are what would describe what happens in real life situations.
We have laws against spitting on the ground and littering, how many do you see being handed out tickets for those ?
Having laws and actually applying them successfully during prosecution is not the same thing.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
6770 posts
2565 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Yikes... just saw this posted on 680 news: dash cam captures morning crash between car & motorcycle
A dash-cam captured a frightening collision between a car and motorcycle in Toronto’s west end on Monday morning that left the motorcyclist with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

It happened at around 7:20 a.m.

The video, which was posted to YouTube, shows the motorcycle driving through the intersection of Queen Street East and Coxwell Avenue and crashing into a white car that’s trying to turn left.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, is propelled into the air, flipping over several times before landing several feet away at the side of the road.
He was rushed to hospital and streetcar service in the area was halted. Full service has since resumed.
There’s no word on possible charges.

680 News
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!

Top