Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2018 9:44 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6116 posts
994 upvotes
TheDoctah wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 8:09 pm
Caught this one today. I’m not sure if this was an attempted insurance scam. Zoomed in video at 1 minute mark.

just another shatty driver
________

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6044 posts
2129 upvotes
ON
TheDoctah wrote:
Caught this one today. I’m not sure if this was an attempted insurance scam. Zoomed in video at 1 minute mark.

Sweet retribution !!
Stupid should hurt, but at the very least should cost ...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
9191 posts
3147 upvotes
Brampton

I was on my way to a meeting. I'm just going the flow of traffic in the right. The Mazda you see is actually camping the left lane doing at or under the limit(This is the section of Wellington in Aurora where it's 70). The Nissan pulls out in front of me, instead of slowing I decided to punch it to just pass them. Apparently the Mazda decided this would be the time they would wake up and try to block the pass for some reason so I give it a bit more and just finish my pass I'm doing about 20 over at this point because of their stunt. As you can see I'm not brake checking nothing, I notice the light is yellow up ahead and take my foot off the gas and move back to the right. Then BAM they fly up like some kind of crazy person.
EDIT: Yeh the DST settings on the camera are messed up it's an hour ahead.
Aug 4, 2004
276 posts
99 upvotes
tebore wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 8:56 am

I was on my way to a meeting. I'm just going the flow of traffic in the right. The Mazda you see is actually camping the left lane doing at or under the limit(This is the section of Wellington in Aurora where it's 70). The Nissan pulls out in front of me, instead of slowing I decided to punch it to just pass them. Apparently the Mazda decided this would be the time they would wake up and try to block the pass for some reason so I give it a bit more and just finish my pass I'm doing about 20 over at this point because of their stunt. As you can see I'm not brake checking nothing, I notice the light is yellow up ahead and take my foot off the gas and move back to the right. Then BAM they fly up like some kind of crazy person.
that drive is just stupid.. if you hit him, it is actually his fault because he did an unsafe lane change.
Aug 26, 2018
285 posts
219 upvotes
TheDoctah wrote:

How is that insurance scam?

Looks more like a crappy driver who didn't see the truck quickly moving into his blindspot. Maybe he wanted to left turn change lanes after changing his mind or realizing he was on the right turn lane, or he jerked his steering wheel left for some reason?
Aug 26, 2018
285 posts
219 upvotes
tebore wrote:

Maybe your overtaking move was viewed as dangerous by that Mazda driver so he decided to road rage you to regain some dominance in his head. To show who's the man since you disrespected him when you sped up next to him to go in front, indicating to him that you think he's slow.

But look at how close you were to the white Nissan Versa ahead. Maybe the Mazda was not far from you when you squeezed in front of him with your high speed overtake maneuver. He was probably road raging at that unsafe overtake move on your part.

Unless the Mazda was very very far back, probably the ideal way to do it is slow down behind the Nissan and change lanes to overtake only when it's free and clear. It's better than weaving in and out at high speed like that. The speedometer of your dashcam is conveniently off, but it looks like you're going way faster than the limit of 70 there.

Of course his final cutting back in was a dangerous move. So he's obviously a road rager, but could have been avoided if you didn't drive in a manner that provokes. I personally never overtake or merge back in lanes really close to anyone. This weaving in and out thing is not only unsafe, but it sends an aggressive message that might trigger road rage. When I merge back to the right lane, I'm often multiple car lengths ahead and I also signal. I can usually see the car fully in my rear view mirror when I change back, that's how far they will be. In your lane changes, I doubt you can see the car in your rear view mirror at that point. You were probably changing with them near your blind spot. That's too close.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
9191 posts
3147 upvotes
Brampton
fattyburger11 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 9:37 am
Maybe your overtaking move was viewed as dangerous by that Mazda driver so he decided to road rage you to regain some dominance in his head. To show who's the man since you disrespected him when you sped up next to him to go in front, indicating to him that you think he's slow.

But look at how close you were to the white Nissan Versa ahead. Maybe the Mazda was not far from you when you squeezed in front of him with your high speed overtake maneuver. He was probably road raging at that unsafe overtake move on your part.

Unless the Mazda was very very far back, probably the ideal way to do it is slow down behind the Nissan and change lanes to overtake only when it's free and clear. It's better than weaving in and out at high speed like that. The speedometer of your dashcam is conveniently off, but it looks like you're going way faster than the limit of 70 there.

Of course his final cutting back in was a dangerous move. So he's obviously a road rager, but could have been avoided if you didn't drive in a manner that provokes. I personally never overtake or merge back in lanes really close to anyone. This weaving in and out thing is not only unsafe, but it sends an aggressive message that might trigger road rage. When I merge back to the right lane, I'm often multiple car lengths ahead and I also signal. I can usually see the car fully in my rear view mirror when I change back, that's how far they will be. In your lane changes, I doubt you can see the car in your rear view mirror at that point. You were probably changing with them near your blind spot. That's too close.
She was fine back there.
When I started the change they sped up to try to close the gap lord knows why. And yes I ended up speeding more than I wanted/necessary because they pulled the stunt. So I had to pull closer to the Nissan than originally planned. They created the mess and you can clearly see from the video they're not right in the head.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1093 posts
211 upvotes
tebore wrote:

Wow, what a douche!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9420 posts
1644 upvotes
Montréal
tebore wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 9:31 am
It was a she.
What is w/ all these aggro females? Insane.

Darkened windows=increased probability of douche driver, anecdotal fact.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5541 posts
3147 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 4:08 pm
Darkened windows=increased probability of douche driver, anecdotal fact.
It also lets me exercise my creativity when imagining how stupid they look
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11071 posts
1566 upvotes
RFD
chimaican wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 5:06 pm
Prob one of those dumb dumbs who must fill the tank past the full point until it's nearly overflowing, or in this case, it does overflow. Why can't people be satisfied with the first gas nozzle trigger?
Hey man, this is RFD Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9420 posts
1644 upvotes
Montréal
aeba7 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 4:17 pm
It also lets me exercise my creativity when imagining how stupid they look
That's the thing, they probably anticipate doing criminal acts, so they don't want to be easily ID'd.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

carlost