Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:27 pm
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1126 posts
1028 upvotes
HMHSTK wrote: Is it just here in RFD and/or my area that I'm travelling at that it seems to be getting worst by the weeks/months?

Is it bec of these new navigation technologies that lead drivers to make "last second" changes?

I can usually tell if "idiots" are to be avoided (super slow relative to posted speed limits eg they are lost/looking for a house etc), weaving in and out of traffic (from my rear/side mirrors), to tailgating you, impatient drivers trying to see what's in front of a slow tractor trailer etc...

I just noticed it's been more and more often. Is it just bad luck for me? (I only drive 3-4x a week, if at all... And certainly I don't go to malls/congested areas on weekends... - i sometimes drive peak hours (health appointments) and sometimes super non peak eg 2pm - malls on weekdays). Not sure and all I'm trying to do is avoid (but it seems inevitable no matter the hour lol)
I think it's a consequence of everyone feeling pressed for time. People are trying to get to where they are going as fast as possible and the issue is compounded when you have thousands of people trying to go somewhere. This leads to people competing for space (and time).
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
A few years back, I measured the time it took for me to complete my morning commute from richmond hill (major mack & bayview) to downtown toronto (toronto general hospital) at 6am. I did a few runs at 130km/h on 404/dvp/gardiner, and a few at 105km/h. Honestly, the difference was only 5-7 mins - not a huge deal.

Nowadays, I just stick to the right lane and go just a little over the limit. If I see someone doing something stupid, I just tell myself they're racing home to drop a #2. Drivers are definitely getting worse, but I don't let it bother me anymore.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5100 posts
4404 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chimaican wrote: Vroom vroom :D
Another from YRP

Not arresting is the reason people keep doing it. Need to be as heavy handed as the law allows. Also, I thought OPP patrolled 4-series highways?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
aeba7 wrote: A few years back, I measured the time it took for me to complete my morning commute from richmond hill (major mack & bayview) to downtown toronto (toronto general hospital) at 6am. I did a few runs at 130km/h on 404/dvp/gardiner, and a few at 105km/h. Honestly, the difference was only 5-7 mins - not a huge deal.
People who drive like a bunch of asses and constantly whine about the left passing lane don't realize that they aren't really saving a lot of time and in fact are creating more havoc and road rage on the freeways than anything else.

Speed demons need to leave earlier and enjoy the ride rather than be a bunch of pricks.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
canoek wrote: Not arresting is the reason people keep doing it. Need to be as heavy handed as the law allows. Also, I thought OPP patrolled 4-series highways?
My guess is they were going about on other business when they noticed it. Any cop can pull you over.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
6024 posts
1873 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Vroom vroom :D
Another from YRP

Honestly if you don't arrest people for doing nearly DOUBLE the speed limit what are we even doing here?

Look I drive 120-130 on the highway when reasonably empty and going with the flow but 180?!?! What the hell...?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

junior107