Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 10:37 pm
Banned
Jul 10, 2012
620 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
jason9945 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 5:07 am
Uhhh. I stopped way back from the left turning cars. He had full view of my right turn signal which was on the second the right lane was clear. I was almost stopped, so of course I'll have to accelerate to travel on a 50km/hr road when I wasn't moving before. I didn't come anywhere close to hitting him.
Then why did you honk like a maniac? You saw him about to make a turn,, and still chose to accelerate hard. You are the Ragu here, knowing you will be in the right if you hit them but in reality your actions are against common-sense. If a cop had seen you and you'd been in an accident, you would be 50% at fault for making unsafe lane change.

jason9945 wrote:

The handbook says lots of things, it doesn't make them the law.

The car would have know exactly what I was doing if he looked. What if I was a kid on a bike going down the sidewalk instead? He would have run right over me.
Thank you. You have shown your true face. Justifying your wrong actions because some politicians decided to leave the situation vague and up to the officer's discretion. Even if the handbook is telling you it's wrong, you demand to know the code in the law. The law says do not make unsafe lane changes. You clearly saw that car start their turn, hence making the lane no longer clear by the time you reach there, but you still accelerated to beat them and make them stop. You are an ***. Are you a lawyer/son of a lawyer by any chance?
jason9945 wrote:
How? :facepalm:

When a light changes from red to green do you give all those other reckless carless hard accelerating people tickets too? :facepalm:
Yes, when making lane changes you have to make it in a safe way. You did not. And those people will get the cop interested and will follow them so they nab them for something else. You have no common sense.

jason9945 wrote:
I did nothing wrong. If I was up tight to the bumper of the left turning suv then you might have grounds to say that. But I was 2-3 car lengths back.

The guy in the other car did something wrong, then went psyco because of it. He was scared too, we both went the same way on the parkway for about 10 minutes and he didn't take his eyes off my in his rear view.

What wasn't perfect?

I stayed back from the left turning car, waited for traffic to clear, signalled right and went right, completed my lane change before entering the intersection. Then I started to accelerate up to the speed limit and crazy man comes along.

He didn't go psycho because of it - he want psycho because you honked incessantly at him.

So what if you were 2-3 cars back. He started to turn before you started to change lanes. That, a person with common sense, would mean the lane you are about to merge onto is no longer clear. He already has to worry about so much making a turn, from all sides, and you expect him to watch your every move, and the fact that you are going to go on his lane after he has already checked the lane to be clear? Wow. I despise people like you.
Jun 21, 2009
839 posts
240 upvotes
Hey shuffler, can I hire you for my upcoming trial? You seem like a good bull**itter lawyer.
Banned
Jul 10, 2012
620 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
greybrick wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 1:42 pm
Here's what I don't get; you go to extreme lengths defending absolutely reprehensible driving just to prove that the OPs of these various videos are jerks. The OP fully admitted to honking at the other car; he's human and he overreacted. Meanwhile you exonerate some of the worst driving imaginable simply to say that the OP is wrong. This was no incidental response to the OP; it was full out road rage yet you continue to defend the other driver like he's your best friend. You have all the answers for his reckless and completely stupid behaviour.

You can say that the OP's response wasn't ideal, but you're literally going out of your way to explain how the other complete psychopath is an innocent victim. He didn't anticipate the OP pulling out (nonsense), he's stressed from the difficulties of life (seriously, cancer?!!); he's a good family man with a heart of gold who just happened to run into the OP; Hitler on wheels. It's utterly ridiculous.
He clearly said I "was perfect" repeatedly. He doesn't think he did anything wrong. He thinks it's ok to cut somebody off as long as you accelerate hard enough because the law says you have the right to accelerate hard and cut people who are turning off. He is void of common-sense. I did not exonerate them. I did say their actions were over the top, but also that it was not unwarranted given OP's actions. I have a feeling even Hitler would have some common-sense.

I did not say that life's difficulties excuse driving bad. What I am saying is what the other car was not driving bad. He actually didn't do anything wrong. He checked the lane, it was clear, and proceeded to check other lanes and make the turn. Already started the turn after checking the lane's clear.

Then comes OP, makes the lane change, accelerates hard, and honks incessantly. Here's where life difficulties push a man to do what the other driver did. You go around honking people in your race car all day, you are bound to find somebody whom you can label as a "psycho".
May 23, 2011
732 posts
184 upvotes
shuffler wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 1:53 pm
I have a feeling even Hitler would have some common-sense.
Well there you have it folks, jason9945 is literally worse than Hitler!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9080 posts
710 upvotes
Toronto
People shouldn't have to honk that long at easily avoidable accidents (in lildevil's case, it's warranted lol), but in jason's case everyone experiences this kind of crap. Unless that's his first time, then sure, overreaction is forgivable. Otherwise a long honk (I can't tell now that the audio is gone) isn't really necessary. Just brake for Christ's sake... that would be my first reaction vs. a honk lmfao.

In the end, a lot of these videos are things that people experience all the time.. just the level of honking is insane and unnecessary.
Feb 19, 2012
903 posts
594 upvotes
Woodbridge
I just don't get it. The other car was inching forward and rolling his window down at the same time. Moreover, he didn't actually pull into the intersection until the OP had actually moved into the adjacent lane. He was literally looking to squeeze in from the beginning when he knew he didn't have the right of way. There's no way he didn't notice the OP's signalling his intentions. I can't fathom how somebody could argue that he was some sort of victim. He was literally prepared to lash out after behaving inappropriately.
Banned
Jul 10, 2012
620 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
greybrick wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 2:29 pm
I just don't get it. The other car was inching forward and rolling his window down at the same time. Moreover, he didn't actually pull into the intersection until the OP had actually moved into the adjacent lane. He was literally looking to squeeze in from the beginning when he knew he didn't have the right of way. There's no way he didn't notice the OP's signalling his intentions. I can't fathom how somebody could argue that he was some sort of victim. He was literally prepared to lash out after behaving inappropriately.
He had started to enter intesection and he had already checked and had to check the other lanes while he was slowly entering intersection. He can't be fixing his gaze at OP's direction throughout the whole turn or he can hit somebody else from any of the other directions. He checked and saw lane was clear and proceeded. Nonsense. Absolute bulls**t.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2253 posts
262 upvotes

Guy decides he doesn't want to wait for the light to turn green.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
Banned
Jul 10, 2012
620 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Jon04CTS wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 4:16 pm

Guy decides he doesn't want to wait for the light to turn green.
+2 seconds ahead. Sweet success.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
201 upvotes
AnotherCanuck wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 1:31 pm
Let's all just let him have this one.
Done!
shuffler wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 1:44 pm
Then why did you honk like a maniac? You saw him about to make a turn,, and still chose to accelerate hard. You are the Ragu here, knowing you will be in the right if you hit them but in reality your actions are against common-sense. If a cop had seen you and you'd been in an accident, you would be 50% at fault for making unsafe lane change.

Thank you. You have shown your true face. Justifying your wrong actions because some politicians decided to leave the situation vague and up to the officer's discretion. Even if the handbook is telling you it's wrong, you demand to know the code in the law. The law says do not make unsafe lane changes. You clearly saw that car start their turn, hence making the lane no longer clear by the time you reach there, but you still accelerated to beat them and make them stop. You are an ***. Are you a lawyer/son of a lawyer by any chance?

Yes, when making lane changes you have to make it in a safe way. You did not. And those people will get the cop interested and will follow them so they nab them for something else. You have no common sense.

He didn't go psycho because of it - he want psycho because you honked incessantly at him.

So what if you were 2-3 cars back. He started to turn before you started to change lanes. That, a person with common sense, would mean the lane you are about to merge onto is no longer clear. He already has to worry about so much making a turn, from all sides, and you expect him to watch your every move, and the fact that you are going to go on his lane after he has already checked the lane to be clear? Wow. I despise people like you.
I despise people like you, who make excuses for your own ***** driving. You are a sad sick little person.

If I had rear ended him I would have been completely at fault. How exactly do you cut somebody off from behind? My lane change was completely done before I was anywhere near his car.
shuffler wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 1:53 pm
He clearly said I "was perfect" repeatedly. He doesn't think he did anything wrong. He thinks it's ok to cut somebody off as long as you accelerate hard enough because the law says you have the right to accelerate hard and cut people who are turning off. He is void of common-sense. I did not exonerate them. I did say their actions were over the top, but also that it was not unwarranted given OP's actions. I have a feeling even Hitler would have some common-sense.

I did not say that life's difficulties excuse driving bad. What I am saying is what the other car was not driving bad. He actually didn't do anything wrong. He checked the lane, it was clear, and proceeded to check other lanes and make the turn. Already started the turn after checking the lane's clear.

Then comes OP, makes the lane change, accelerates hard, and honks incessantly. Here's where life difficulties push a man to do what the other driver did. You go around honking people in your race car all day, you are bound to find somebody whom you can label as a "psycho".
Now, Hitler was evil but not dumb. I'm not sure why you equate hitler with lacking common sense.

Secondly, who did I cut off? I'm BEHIND HIM.

I'm a safe considerate defensive driver, I don't go around brake checking people and trying to block them.

Watch out for my crazy acceleration. My Yaris is a pretty crazy machine, it's hard to keep that much power on the road sometimes! I probably used at least a third of my 105 horsepower there.
AnotherCanuck wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 2:12 pm
Well there you have it folks, jason9945 is literally worse than Hitler!
Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
201 upvotes
greybrick wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 2:29 pm
He also went way over the speed limit through the school zone after that.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5855 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
ssbtech wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 3:28 am
Of course it does. Looks like it has the premium sport suspension too. Or it's just a ***** pulling off a ***** move. I'm sure you know the type very well :)
No man. Twin turbo Genesis V6 swap fo sho. The SUV should have slammed his car too, but I guess he's going for a sleeper look.
M-e-X-x wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 7:22 am
Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Oct 20, 2009
171 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
lildevilx wrote:
Nov 30th, 2012 4:28 pm
2 near accidents in 30secs....

such a dangerous move, so glad there was no cars there or would hit the first van -_-
totally swerved, went down to 3rd and gunned it to get back on to my side of the road.... lol
gave my self a heart attack after i did that ~_~
LOL! Sorry you had to encounter two idiots in such a short span of time. I'm sure it was terrifying at the time, but looking back, this is hilarious. 10/10!
Feb 19, 2012
903 posts
594 upvotes
Woodbridge
shuffler wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 4:15 pm
He had started to enter intesection and he had already checked and had to check the other lanes while he was slowly entering intersection. He can't be fixing his gaze at OP's direction throughout the whole turn or he can hit somebody else from any of the other directions. He checked and saw lane was clear and proceeded. Nonsense. Absolute bulls**t.
Inching your way towards an intersection is a common habit of drivers to intimidate others who otherwise have the right of way. The way you've been defending this guy, I can only imagine that you routinely do this yourself. At 0:04 the other vehicle still had not entered the intersection and the OP had already moved into the adjacent lane. You talk about defensive driving and obeying the rules of the road yet you defend a guy who pulled into traffic where he did not have the right of way. If you think that's safe driving you and I have a very different view of what makes a competent motorist.