Page 517 of 1966

Re: [Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2013 11:10 pm
by Trooob
jelena-c wrote: Ugh
Last Friday drive....and that's lots of water on the windshield for my comfort when that car passed you
Where was this taken?
Somewhere along I81 in NY.. It was raining cats and dogs!

Re: [Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

Posted: Jul 4th, 2013 9:13 pm
by WHO
Seems getting cut off by people who change their mind is a hot topic lately. Well, here I am, under attack from both sides lol. One cuts 2 lanes from the right to turn left but end up accross the stop line on a red light, and the other cuts 2 lanes (from a left turn only lane) and decides to go straight... I'm in the middle :lol:

Posted: Jul 4th, 2013 9:24 pm
by Jim321
Kwando wrote: It's funny because she claims that I should have let her in and that it's always the person who's behind who's at fault. Real piece of work. I did tell her I have everything on camera but she didn't say much. She would always patronize me and threaten to go to police and insurance, reminding me that I'm a young male who drives a nice sports car (honda civic), implying that insurance would side with her. Little did she know that I had already altered insurance and police about the incident. She called me later that day and flipped out when the police called her..she was a bit more cooperative after. But I decide not to file a claim because it felt like a huge hassle when the damage was so minimal..like I said the body shop I went to even polished it out in a few minutes for free. But after the accident I felt the need to at least report it to insurance and the police to cover myself in case things go sour. Insurance couldn't tell me whether or not my rate would go up even though it wasn't my fault and that would be determined at renewal.
Lol you have a Civic and your avatar here is a BMW emblem? jokes... That A pillar is a bastard though, don't judge - on the Civic 4 door, had a rental of one for a little bit while vacationing away from home, drove it for 1 hr hated it, could barely see anything that pillar was so thick and obstructive.. I thought my Gen Coupe was bad - this one is 10x worse

Good job calling the insurance - she has an at fault accident now - you don't because you never made a claim so good. People like that deserve to get screwed for 6 yrs for being so stupid and childish about not paying up when time is due...

Posted: Jul 4th, 2013 9:40 pm
by WHO
Forest fires are bad enough, now to make it worse they're causing power outages, subway breakdowns and traffic light failures.

When the lights go out... :rolleyes:

Posted: Jul 4th, 2013 10:09 pm
by Premium
ryosayku wrote: Spotted coriolis today @ Birchmount.

[IMG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5448/9069 ... 887e_c.jpg[/IMG]
Today, I spotted him too.. :D

Posted: Jul 4th, 2013 10:27 pm
by djemzine
B0000rt wrote: Yeah I know, gotta adjust the angle on it heh

I hope you had your head lights on during that drive in the rain?
WHO wrote: Seems getting cut off by people who change their mind is a hot topic lately. Well, here I am, under attack from both sides lol. One cuts 2 lanes from the right to turn left but end up accross the stop line on a red light, and the other cuts 2 lanes (from a left turn only lane) and decides to go straight... I'm in the middle :lol:
Good reaction time and idiot Mazda driver.

Posted: Jul 4th, 2013 10:50 pm
by Trooob
djemzine wrote: I hope you had your head lights on during that drive in the rain?
I always turn my headlights on when my wipers are turned on.. So head headlights were on and so was my rear fog light.

Posted: Jul 4th, 2013 10:52 pm
by djemzine
B0000rt wrote: I always turn my headlights on when my wipers are turned on.. So head headlights were on and so was my rear fog light.
Ah okay.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 8:52 am
by WHO
djemzine wrote: Good reaction time and idiot Mazda driver.
Ya, too bad it's the norm rather than the exception in MTL...

In dense traffic, it's always a matter of gauging between keeping safe enough distance/speed but also not too much because people will keep cutting you off... people will cut you off to merge lanes to save one or two car lengths, like that's gonna change something in their commute time :rolleyes:

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 11:01 am
by ToNIX

Car doesn't yield and wants to get t-boned. He got Hella Supertoned and intercepted by the police who was following me.

Song : Muscle Relaxants from The Rural Alberta Advantage.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 11:05 am
by canscot05
B0000rt wrote: I always turn my headlights on when my wipers are turned on.. So head headlights were on and so was my rear fog light.
Headlights on with wipers is always a good rule, but only use rear fog light in fog, it has too much glare for other drivers when it is raining.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 12:03 pm
by djemzine
ToNIX wrote:

Car doesn't yield and wants to get t-boned. He got Hella Supertoned and intercepted by the police who was following me.

Song : Muscle Relaxants from The Rural Alberta Advantage.
Gotta love Hella Supertones! I've noticed after installation I haven't used it that much at all or very rarely rather :( Lol.

You're Hellas are louder than most of the ones on the Imprezas for some reason :S. Different set or? Did you combine it with your stock horns as well?

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 12:27 pm
by ToNIX
I think my window was open.

Stock horns + Hells Supertones (wired with the relay). 4 horns total :D

I drive a Forester, but it must be the same stock horns as the Impreza.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 1:02 pm
by djemzine
ToNIX wrote: I think my window was open.

Stock horns + Hells Supertones (wired with the relay). 4 horns total :D

I drive a Forester, but it must be the same stock horns as the Impreza.
I got 3 horns wired - one of the stock horns by the right lower corner near the bumper and the two Hellas. Nah the Impreza ones are different. They don't have the same tone as yours does.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 4:21 pm
by IMWHFMPC
Anyone tried reporting to TPS via the following link?

https://webapp1.torontopolice.on.ca/dors/hit-run.html

Any success story, do they get back to you at all, any follow-up, etc?

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 4:24 pm
by djemzine
IMWHFMPC wrote: Anyone tried reporting to TPS via the following link?

https://webapp1.torontopolice.on.ca/dors/hit-run.html

Any success story, do they get back to you at all, any follow-up, etc?
Never had any reason to file a report, etc.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 6:41 pm
by SleepyMcGee
Zephyr22b wrote: The Honda Civic was blocked by my A-pillar and I didn't see it until right before I started turning so I just cut through the opposite lane.
Haha No Frills! That's a horrible turn for stuff like that but it's somewhat understandable. It is such a pain in the ***** to make that left (the one the car is making, not you), I usually avoid it altogether if I need to go North on Pharmacy from there and just go to the lights a little further up.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 8:26 pm
by Trooob
canscot05 wrote: Headlights on with wipers is always a good rule, but only use rear fog light in fog, it has too much glare for other drivers when it is raining.
For the amount of rain that was falling down, there was very little visibility

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 9:21 pm
by Zephyr22b
Guy in the Subaru in the opposite lane tries to make a uturn but creates a road block instead

Posted: Jul 5th, 2013 9:42 pm
by vaportech
Hellas are nice. I have em on the impreza and grand vitara. Relay on impreza blew up twice already so annoying. So the third time I had it fixed I got it done at lockdown. When they blow up they constantly remain on. So embarrassed both tines cause they blew up on my driveway and my neighbours came out all puzzled.

Make sure its well insulated against water!