Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:27 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
BeaverLiquor wrote: Don't mind George, I don't think he has any common sense, he also defended a neo-Nazi skin head.
Haha sauce?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
This would work great as a dashcam....

KODAK'S new PIXPRO SP360

It's a 360 degree waterproof camera. Just stick it to the roof of your car. The only problems I see is how to get power to it and does it loop record?

You can have Front And Back view, 360 view or Dome view

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/30/koda ... ction-cam/
Deal Addict
May 12, 2012
2252 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Ebeniz wrote: This would work great as a dashcam....

KODAK'S new PIXPRO SP360

It's a 360 degree waterproof camera. Just stick it to the roof of your car. The only problems I see is how to get power to it and does it loop record?

You can have Front And Back view, 360 view or Dome view

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/30/koda ... ction-cam/
Action cams don't make good dashcams. The point of a dashcam is to record the view from the center of your cabin mounted in a somewhat stealthy manner, and it turns on/off and loop records all by itself without having to mess with it each time you use the car.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
garyhudson wrote: Action cams don't make good dashcams. The point of a dashcam is to record the view from the center of your cabin mounted in a somewhat stealthy manner, and it turns on/off and loop records all by itself without having to mess with it each time you use the car.
No... the POINT of a dashcam is to record when you drive. Seeing the front and back and sides of your vehicle with one camera outweighs the shortcoming. Loop recording would be a simple firmware update (if it doesn't do that already)

If you want to plug it in, install it on your dash and get a 360 view of the front and sides.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7mp5K9c.jpg[/IMG]

If you can live with the 2 hour battery life, mount the camera on a magnet. When you out out for a drive, slap it on the roof like the old cop car used to do with their red lights. When you get to your destination, pull it off and throw it in the glove compartment and charge it.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
Query, to owners of iTronics 1TB100HD dash cam or so. Is there a specific folder to view a footage when the car gets into an accident/impact? Got rear ended this evening at McCowan south of Hwy7 in the left lane. I checked the sd card of the dash cam, but the footage of the actual impact is missing. The only footage I can see is before the incident and after the incident when we were leaving.

Edit: Found the footage in the dash cam software. Going to see if I can extract it.

Basically gist of it. Was going on the left lane, and the cars in front, suddenly slowed down and I came to a complete stop as you can see. However the car behind (silver Corolla - go figure), did not leave enough gap or was going faster, or whatever. Then BOOM! Happened to my mom's 14 Rolla.

The brake squealing was the person who hit us.

What even was surprising, two passers driving in the right lane, told us to get off the road and swore at us.

Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
Gorillaa wrote: that was kinda of a slow reaction, but whoever rear-ended you is 100% at fault
Yes I do agree it was kinda of a slow reaction. Normally my reaction time is spot on, but I ensured that when I braked, I was not near to the car in front. Otherwise, there would have been a chain reaction, and that would have not ended nicely.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
djemzine wrote: Yes I do agree it was kinda of a slow reaction. Normally my reaction time is spot on, but I ensured that when I braked, I was not near to the car in front. Otherwise, there would have been a chain reaction, and that would have not ended nicely.
I agree with Gorilla and yourself, it was a slow reaction on your part, but like already said, other driver is at fault for following too closely.

In any event, I hope you gave him the opportunity to settle outside of insurance and everybody walks away reasonable content.
:confused:
Penalty Box
Aug 16, 2014
1043 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My policy when other person is at fault for resolving outside of insurance is cash in my hand for repairs and rental within 24hours

Any longer and I will report it and file a claim
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
thank god it wasnt the subaru that was rear ended.
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1219 upvotes
aGincourt
djemzine wrote: Query, to owners of iTronics 1TB100HD dash cam or so. Is there a specific folder to view a footage when the car gets into an accident/impact? Got rear ended this evening at McCowan south of Hwy7 in the left lane. I checked the sd card of the dash cam, but the footage of the actual impact is missing. The only footage I can see is before the incident and after the incident when we were leaving.

Edit: Found the footage in the dash cam software. Going to see if I can extract it.

Basically gist of it. Was going on the left lane, and the cars in front, suddenly slowed down and I came to a complete stop as you can see. However the car behind (silver Corolla - go figure), did not leave enough gap or was going faster, or whatever. Then BOOM! Happened to my mom's 14 Rolla.

What even was surprising, two passers driving in the right lane, told us to get off the road and swore at us.

Pics of damage?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
iEyeCaptain wrote: I agree with Gorilla and yourself, it was a slow reaction on your part, but like already said, other driver is at fault for following too closely.

In any event, I hope you gave him the opportunity to settle outside of insurance and everybody walks away reasonable content.
Well since the damage was nothing (just a small nick of the rubber portion of the rear bumper), but even though we all felt it in the car, he was very concerned about the entire thing. He did not tell us he did not want to go through insurance, unlike some others out there. He was very honest and upfront and said let us go to the Accident Report center off Yonge and 16th at Hillcrest Mall to which I agreed. However I am going to take the car tomorrow to one of our body shop mechanics that we know personally for 14 years and get a quote. If it is something say less than $300 hypothetically, then I will call the guy and ask him to pay for the repair.

Again it is nothing too serious. I will upload a pic later to my best.
DBDphotography wrote: My policy when other person is at fault for resolving outside of insurance is cash in my hand for repairs and rental within 24hours

Hmmmm
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote: thank god it wasnt the subaru that was rear ended.
The STi or my Subaru? If it were my Subaru I would have been flipping out inside, but regardless I would have been calm.
Swswswish wrote: Pics of damage?
Will upload sometime tomorrow.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
DBDphotography wrote: My policy when other person is at fault for resolving outside of insurance is cash in my hand for repairs and rental within 24hours

Well. I got rear ended less than a week ago leaving a mark and a tiny crack on my rear bumper. I checked with my mechanic and was told $1300 with rental car. I asked for $800 and they guy didn't want to pay. Says everyone paid for his own damage because of the no fault insurance. And he is going to use the accident forgiveness option and just paid $500 for the deductible. He wants to save $300 and didn't realize this will stay with him for 6 years and will cost him a lot more if it happens the 2nd time. Some people just don't see it. They don't care.

Now I have to make phone calls, take a day off for the appraisal. Leave my car for repair ..etc. And have a record that people will know when I trying to sell the vehicle even though it's a minor one. It's not fun and fair to people who are not at fault. He has the choice but I don't.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1219 upvotes
aGincourt
bmwmmm wrote:

who has the right of way in a parking lot T-intersection?
the car on the through road? or the car who got there first?
You have the right of way because you're going straight and the other person went into your path. The only possible way for it to have been his right of way was if you had a stop sign.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Query, to owners of iTronics 1TB100HD dash cam or so. Is there a specific folder to view a footage when the car gets into an accident/impact? Got rear ended this evening at McCowan south of Hwy7 in the left lane. I checked the sd card of the dash cam, but the footage of the actual impact is missing. The only footage I can see is before the incident and after the incident when we were leaving.

Markham drivers at their finest

That sucks to see man. Hopefully insurance will resolve it quickly without trouble. Might be a good idea to get a rear dash cam in the future as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The videos posted here looks very high quality. I am thinking of getting one for my car

1. What are most of you guys using?
2. Does it require any technical knowledge to install/setup? (Ie: hooking up to wires and stuff)
3. How many would I need? 1 or 2? (front & back?)

I live in Toronto. Would it be best to buy it online or in person at some independent shop etc.
Jul 9, 2014
718 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto, ON
letmesee wrote: I live in Toronto. Would it be best to buy it online or in person at some independent shop etc.
Love to know it too! :)
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Swswswish wrote: You have the right of way because you're going straight and the other person went into your path. The only possible way for it to have been his right of way was if you had a stop sign.
When you in the hole until?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)