Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Addict
May 12, 2012
2252 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT-dBH5SxkY

Thinking of getting in touch with both ICBC and police, send them this video. Hopefully they will fine him / make him do a re-test. Doubt going to increase his insurance since the insurance is crown corporation.

Watch how the pretty much waited for me to come in, then he does not take a proper right turn curve, but keeps going forward towards the median until I have 0 space, then only when he is fully hugging the median, then he yanks his car back up straight on the road.

Is this intentional or what?
your camera is in very poor shape.......perhaps time for a G1W?

P.S. do you watch Angel Beats/anime in general? Or do you just like this profile pic?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2007
3210 posts
807 upvotes

Thinking of getting in touch with both ICBC and police, send them this video. Hopefully they will fine him / make him do a re-test. Doubt going to increase his insurance since the insurance is crown corporation.

Watch how the pretty much waited for me to come in, then he does not take a proper right turn curve, but keeps going forward towards the median until I have 0 space, then only when he is fully hugging the median, then he yanks his car back up straight on the road.

Looks unintentional to me.. Happens too often to me and it really pisses me off, but not much you can do about this.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4090 posts
2237 upvotes
Toronto

Next time plow into the driver door and get a new car. If you paralyze the driver you don't have to worry about them being on the road anymore :razz:
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Super_Chicken wrote: Next time plow into the driver door and get a new car. If you paralyze the driver you don't have to worry about them being on the road anymore :razz:
Except that I won't be getting a new car. Bought my car brand new in 2007. Works flawlessly and didn't have a single problem. I plow through an idiot, the max I'l be getting is probably 4-5k. Yet personally I value my car just as much as when I bought it brand new. I wouldn't be getting this kind of value unless I would pay upwards to 10-15k for another. Only 78k on it
garyhudson wrote: your camera is in very poor shape.......perhaps time for a G1W?

P.S. do you watch Angel Beats/anime in general? Or do you just like this profile pic?
It's a blackvue hdII. But it keeps fogging inside the lens, so I have to take it out and clean it every 2-3 months. Definitely didn't worth the premium. Next one will be a G1W most likely.

And yes I did watch Angel Beats and a bunch of other anime. Really loved it hence why I have it par of my profile. Right now I have about 125 animes "to watch" in my list, and finished 70
May 10, 2014
58 posts
77 upvotes
ON
Hamilton Collision Nov 25/14
Eastbound on Main at Gage
Inattentive Dodge Ram driver brakes hard mid-turn to avoid hitting pedestrian, yellow Fiat driver follows too closely and rear-ends Dodge Ram.

Fiat Plate: ARBA301

---

November 5, 2014
Guelph, ON
Hanlon/Stone Rd

Guelph 2B West Loop Bus#230 runs red light to make a left turn across the expressway.

---

Hamilton
Southbound Upper Gage, ~830AM
Buick Rendezvous Plate BSPE376
Weaves through slowing/stopped traffic, passes school bus with lights flashing.

---

Hamilton, ON
September, 2014
Westbound Safari at Valens

sharpefarmsupplies.com

Sharpe Farm Supplies truck is stopped at stop sign, turns left in front of me at the last second.

---

Hamilton, ON
November, 2014

Prabh Singh Day&Night Moving/Delivery Service
647949move 6479496683
http://instagram.com/647949move

Day&Night Moving truck scrapes roof on train bridge.

May 10, 2014
58 posts
77 upvotes
ON
Hamilton, ON
August, 2014
Westbound Cannon/York

These lights are all timed so if you just drive the speed limit, you will hit every green light. A lot of people (from out of town I guess?) don't seem to realize this and briskly accellerate at each green light, braking to a stop at each next light, repeating this 0-70-0 process for several kilometres.

One evening in August, I got to follow two Hamilton Police cars doing the ol' gas/brake maneuver:

At 0:45 in this next video, they pass traffic from a left turn lane - no flashing lights, but at least the first police car uses their turn signal - the second police car just brakes/hesitates, then merges in without even signalling:

This next video is a little boring - I got stuck behind some other traffic. At 0:56, the police cars reemerge - they are stopped at yet another red light, just a few blocks ahead:

In this last video, at 0:08 they start to accelerate again, but at 0:10 they have to slam on the brakes because several people were walking across the road. At 0:13 they blink their flashing lights at the people crossing the road, and at 0:20 they accelerate again until they are out of sight:

Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
godonna wrote: Hamilton, ON
August, 2014
Westbound Cannon/York

These lights are all timed so if you just drive the speed limit, you will hit every green light. A lot of people (from out of town I guess?) don't seem to realize this and briskly accellerate at each green light, braking to a stop at each next light, repeating this 0-70-0 process for several kilometres.
I know what you mean... 22 lights in a row
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10083 posts
1417 upvotes
In Scarborough - Along Steeles, is more like 22 reds in a row. Light sync is horrid in the mornings
Deal Addict
May 12, 2012
2252 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: Except that I won't be getting a new car. Bought my car brand new in 2007. Works flawlessly and didn't have a single problem. I plow through an idiot, the max I'l be getting is probably 4-5k. Yet personally I value my car just as much as when I bought it brand new. I wouldn't be getting this kind of value unless I would pay upwards to 10-15k for another. Only 78k on it

It's a blackvue hdII. But it keeps fogging inside the lens, so I have to take it out and clean it every 2-3 months. Definitely didn't worth the premium. Next one will be a G1W most likely.

And yes I did watch Angel Beats and a bunch of other anime. Really loved it hence why I have it par of my profile. Right now I have about 125 animes "to watch" in my list, and finished 70
I am in the market for a G1W-H too, since I am going to gift it to a relative who gave me support during my first 2 years in university. Still waiting for the Black Friday/Christmas deals to kick in.

Nice, Angel Beats was a GREAT and touching anime by KEY no less. I watch the latest anime so I pretty much watch 4-5 every week XD
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4090 posts
2237 upvotes
Toronto
Ebeniz wrote: I know what you mean... 22 lights in a row
This is why they need more main 1 way streets in and around Toronto.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3951 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6280 posts
448 upvotes
Help me
sickcars wrote: Just happened on my way home, mind your speakers.

please edit the audio. synch the drop of the beat to the thing exploding. I would vote that best video of the thread...
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
sickcars wrote: Just happened on my way home, mind your speakers.

Synch dat beat drop bro
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: Do you have a go pro outside your car or something? It seems so low
motorcycle. That's why it's so bouncy
Oct 2, 2007
118 posts
51 upvotes
Markham, ON
daivey wrote: he had to get into the left turn lane!!!!!
and driving in the oncoming lane is really the only way to do that!
Aug 7, 2014
245 posts
47 upvotes
Saint-Eustache, QC
sickcars wrote: How long does it take to park a car? mmmmm About 6min :facepalm: :facepalm:

lmao and the person didn't even park it. Looks like someone came over and parked it for them LOL Oh gawd.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)