Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:04 am
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
trixstar wrote: I was rear ended today. I was inches away from hitting the benz in front. Phew..

what was the other person's excuse?
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
Ebeniz wrote: what was the other person's excuse?
She was checking on her child in the backseat. It wasn't an excuse. My fiancee saw her turned away and knew we were going to take a hit. She was very apologetic and it was an honest mistake. It was an accident and both parties are okay health wise.
Dec 6, 2014
415 posts
94 upvotes
Welland, ON
iasi2050 wrote: ughhh....
The guy was not being a dumbass, he was driving accordingly, when watching your video the first thing I was looking at was the pedestrian signal, I saw the signal go off then almost immediately the light went amber. He then proceeded to stop according to the act. Those pedestrian lights are a great indicator on whether youi are approaching a stale green or when the light is going to change.
Jan 2, 2015
4 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ToNIX wrote: Obligatory I hope you stopped too, give your email to the guy in the front so he eventually gets the footage.
If there was damages then for sure I would gave him my email. When drove back around, I went and looked, no damage on either car. They drove off less than 5 minutes later.
Jan 2, 2015
4 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
luism wrote: oh I know that place Queensway and kipling
That's it! That intersection is notorious with red light runners too because of the proximity to the highway.
Sep 10, 2014
9 posts
2 upvotes
Amherstview, ON
mathiewannabe wrote: that's no fault of the car in front. you're being ridiculous.

you put dumbass in the title, only dumbass is you .
LOL owned!!! iasi2050 is gonna put his video into private now.
Feb 2, 2014
504 posts
246 upvotes
SteveRoss wrote: HTA 144 (15)

(15) Every driver approaching a traffic control signal showing a circular amber indication and facing the indication shall stop his or her vehicle if he or she can do so safely, otherwise he or she may proceed with caution. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 144 (15).
There was 2 vehicles waiting to turn left. The driver you honked at was not only obeying the law but driving defensively.
I beg to differ, that section will not apply because the driver in front stepped on the brake paddle in the absence of an amber indication. The HTA makes it pretty clear that you must first actually see the amber light and then decided if its safe to proceed; the HTA does not tell you decide before you actually see the amber. However, I do agree that the driver in front was driving safely.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qQ3XxAj.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
1). That's on Finch Avenue West approaching Bathurst Street: a 60km/h speed limit which you were going over by quite a good clip judging by your dash cam speed of 81.67km/h @ 0:04
2). There is a red light camera at that intersection. Obviously you cropped the sign out of the video to make yourself look innocent.
3). A large SUV like that needs longer braking distances due to the size and weight of the vehicle. The other driver was playing it safe which is perfectly reasonable.
4). You are a reckless driver that just posted a video which incriminates yourself.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: 4). You are a reckless driver that just posted a video which incriminates yourself.

Who is the dumbass now?
kind of like those people at F&R auto sales.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4908 posts
584 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
DJ peanuts is right the SUV seen a car about to make a left knowingly full well the light is almost going to turn so why take a chance of speeding up and t boning the other driver,the OP even if the SUV sped up he would have crossed in a red.
Banned
Jul 3, 2013
1508 posts
300 upvotes
technocar2 wrote: I beg to differ, that section will not apply because the driver in front stepped on the brake paddle in the absence of an amber indication. The HTA makes it pretty clear that you must first actually see the amber light and then decided if its safe to proceed; the HTA does not tell you decide before you actually see the amber. However, I do agree that the driver in front was driving safely.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qQ3XxAj.jpg[/IMG]
Please stay off the roads before you kill someone. FYI, I am referring to the dude driving like a maniac in the video.
Jan 13, 2008
517 posts
513 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Why did you post this video here bro? Didn't you see from previous posts that the users of this forum are all saints when it comes to driving?
Feb 2, 2014
504 posts
246 upvotes
gananoque wrote: Why did you post this video here bro? Didn't you see from previous posts that the users of this forum are all [self proclaimed] saints when it comes to driving?
lol...fixed it for you.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Azizov121 wrote: not beating it to death but here it goes.
Aftermath pics? Also, just use Windows Movie Maker next time.
I love RFD! :)
Jun 24, 2015
36 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
yo2boy wrote: Aftermath pics? Also, just use Windows Movie Maker next time.
i should have used movie maker. Just wanted to analyze the frames with this movivo thingy. They are asking for $350+ for the repairs. And also watch the SUV cause this all.

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/qn4rvm.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
What shop are you taking it to?
I dont think $350 will replace the light and repaint the hood to get a proper job done.

i suggest you get another quote and make the truck company pay for it.
Jun 24, 2015
36 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
sickcars wrote: What shop are you taking it to?
I dont think $350 will replace the light and repaint the hood to get a proper job done.

i suggest you get another quote and make the truck company pay for it.
truee, it was just the headlight frame replacement price. It will definitely get higher with the metal parts involved.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)