Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
39 Dollar Glasses

Prescription Eyeglasses for just over $30 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 8:28 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2005
2118 posts
119 upvotes
Ch28 wrote:Sweet deal. The thing that sucks about this is you can't try them on to see how you look with them. :lol:
That is definitely my biggest concern. If I have difficulty in-store and try on dozens before finding a pair I am satisfied with in appearance but importantly, comfortable fit, I'm going to find it difficult to order a pair online. But excellent deal nonetheless.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3144 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
i would be curious how they measure ur pupil distance, n also how they adjust it for u w/o seeing you wearing it...

n no, 1.56 is a very thick lens...
indexes for plastic lenses

1.56 thick
1.6 ^
1.61 |
1.67 |
1.74 thin
Oct 29, 2005
386 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
So how much did everyone pay for their glasses?

Frames = ?
Frames brand = ?
Lenses = ?
Lens Index?
Total: ?

I'll Start

Frames (50% off) = $160
Frames brand = Emporio Armani
Lenses = $180
Lenses = Glass 1.8 index (very thin!)
Total: $340

BTW Glass is available at 1.9 thickness too but at about $280 (much more than 1.8!)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
I'm looking at the Zenni site...
and...what is anti-radiation coating? That sounds like BS.

1.56 index is pretty crap too. IF you have a high prescription, it will be mighty thick. Especially if you get rimless, it's ognna look ugly.

Do you guys know what type of lense you are getting?

And by the way, all these frames cost $2 or less. They are from China.

You get what you pay for.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Big Brother wrote:I think I will pay the $75 examination fee, get the prescription, and buy it off one of those online places. The place where I got my pair of glasses last time did an exam but did not give me the paper with prescription info.
They didn't give you the prescription? The optometrist is supposed to give it to you. Unless he knows you're coming back and maybe put it in your file. But if you ask for it, they have to give it back.

Which optical was this at?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6905 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
aquariaguy wrote:I'm looking at the Zenni site...
and...what is anti-radiation coating? That sounds like BS.

1.56 index is pretty crap too. IF you have a high prescription, it will be mighty thick. Especially if you get rimless, it's ognna look ugly.

Do you guys know what type of lense you are getting?

And by the way, all these frames cost $2 or less. They are from China.

I think the anti-radiation coating is the UV coating. Personally I thought it came with the anti-glare or any form of coating.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3519 posts
435 upvotes
Calgary
aquariaguy wrote:And by the way, all these frames cost $2 or less. They are from China.

Gee, my made in China Marchon frame costs $329. Just because it is made in China, it can still be quality frame. To you everything made in China is dirt cheap. Well, I beg to differ. I have no problem buying Made in China product.

I bet my glasses which is made in China is more expensive than any glasses you ever own, and I have a receipt to prove it too. Shall we scan our receipts?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Coolme wrote:hmm... didn't know that. My last eye exam was when I was 17 and I had a couple before that and they were free, so that's where I got the perception that eye exams were free.
In Ontario I think u r allowed a free eye exam every 2 years or else it might be 50s.

There is also a good optical chain laurier optical.

was in the store last week and they had 70 percent off frames, so like a diesel or a nice italian or europen frame w thin lenses would have been about 170 total! or 2 pairs for about 300 or so.....sometimes they have a 3 for 1 deal and you can request contact lenses instead of a 3rd pair so 2 prs eye glasses and 2 boxes disposable contacts! - sometimes they throw in some solution 4 free also.

also, later in the year they clear out their "old" designer models and they can be up to 90 percent off the frames only....but you don't have to even buy the lenses there. they told me to buy my frames and come back when i wanted to get lenses whenever.......(so in theory you could get nice frames and the lenses anywhere else cheaper probably).

they also have sidewalk sales with are crazy cheap.
I've gotten nice metal german frames for 40s when they would be almost 3oo anywhere else.

when it comes to eyeglasses and sunglasses i don't think anyone should skimp.
I've seen some of the cheaper frames shatter in the cold because of poor quality.
(i'm also a sunglass/eyeglass "snob" i guess...lol)
but if you can only afford something cheaper then thats ok too! :cheesygri

here's their website..in TO and mtl also...

http://www.laurieroptical.com/

i am very happy w their brands....and if they don't have what you want and you know the model # and it's in the designers recent collection they can order it for you. they have all the designer books if you ask and have the $$$

they have a good rep so u know u r getting the REAl brand glasses and not fakes!

This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Sep 2, 2002
659 posts
2 upvotes
AB
aquariaguy wrote: And by the way, all these frames cost $2 or less. They are from China.

I bought a $350 Panasonic car deck. It's the most impressive thing I've ever put in my car.

..then just last month I caught a glimpse of the box lying in the basement, and saw that it was proudly "Made in China".

On a similar note -- I got a pair of glasses that were made in Italy. I had to return them because I realized they were the ugliest things ever.

My point is, don't generalize about the supposed poor quality of Chinese products.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
babs00 wrote:That's pretty impressive and helpful after I just paid over $200 for my glasses last month. Won't hurt to have a second pair in case one I forget at work. I like 39dollar... website, one can have a sample of picture as to one's face (round,square) and better variety.

I'm conspicous of Pakistan and China websites that how they afford to include free shipping with only $19 glasses ?

How much do you think the duty would be from US for 39dollar.. and will UPS charge any transaction processing fees ?
Currency Exchange my man! Thats how they can afford to!
Oct 10, 2005
113 posts
217 upvotes
its really a nice deal
consider that u can now get like those plastic frame ones for like $19
so now some people can match their glasses to their shoes :)

anyways, can anyone tell me how to read the prescription from the optometrist

i have no clue how to read it and so i won't be able to fill in those fields in the website
El Psy Congroo
Feb 11, 2003
651 posts
1 upvote
dekko wrote:its really a nice deal

i have no clue how to read it and so i won't be able to fill in those fields in the website
yeah, i would like to know too, thanks in advance :)
Sep 12, 2002
406 posts
592 upvotes
Canada
Frames = 180
Frames brand = Reebok
Lenses = Nikon @ 360$
Lens Index 1.74
Total: 540$
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3308 posts
181 upvotes
someone please tell me how to get all the measurements to order this
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
cko64 wrote:Gee, my made in China Marchon frame costs $329. Just because it is made in China, it can still be quality frame. To you everything made in China is dirt cheap. Well, I beg to differ. I have no problem buying Made in China product.

I bet my glasses which is made in China is more expensive than any glasses you ever own, and I have a receipt to prove it too. Shall we scan our receipts?
Well I believe whne it comes to frames, Made in China is far less superior. Because in the eyeglass industry, not EVERYTHING is made in china, i still have a choice. However in clothes and lots of other things you really have no choice.

What's the point of showing me your Made in China eyeglasses are more expensive? Doesn't that mean they just made more money off you? To tell you the truth, Made in China frames cost less than $10. Some even $2 each. Like Nike, Guess, Columbia, Roots, etc... all pieces of crap.

So how much did you spend on your frame + lenses?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
MizTEcK wrote:someone please tell me how to get all the measurements to order this
Are you talking about your prescription?

Well everything should be on the prescription, however sometimes the optometrist doesn't do the PD distance. I've seen opticians do that before you buy. Everything else should be there.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
dekko wrote:its really a nice deal

Can you send me a link to the site with all the "fields"?
Banned
Jul 10, 2005
2489 posts
1 upvote
Steeve Urkel wrote:In Ontario I think u r allowed a free eye exam every 2 years or else it might be 50s.

There is also a good optical chain laurier optical.

was in the store last week and they had 70 percent off frames, so like a diesel or a nice italian or europen frame w thin lenses would have been about 170 total! or 2 pairs for about 300 or so.....sometimes they have a 3 for 1 deal and you can request contact lenses instead of a 3rd pair so 2 prs eye glasses and 2 boxes disposable contacts! - sometimes they throw in some solution 4 free also.

also, later in the year they clear out their "old" designer models and they can be up to 90 percent off the frames only....but you don't have to even buy the lenses there. they told me to buy my frames and come back when i wanted to get lenses whenever.......(so in theory you could get nice frames and the lenses anywhere else cheaper probably).

they also have sidewalk sales with are crazy cheap.
I've gotten nice metal german frames for 40s when they would be almost 3oo anywhere else.

when it comes to eyeglasses and sunglasses i don't think anyone should skimp.
I've seen some of the cheaper frames shatter in the cold because of poor quality.
(i'm also a sunglass/eyeglass "snob" i guess...lol)
but if you can only afford something cheaper then thats ok too! :cheesygri

here's their website..in TO and mtl also...

i am very happy w their brands....and if they don't have what you want and you know the model # and it's in the designers recent collection they can order it for you. they have all the designer books if you ask and have the $$$

they have a good rep so u know u r getting the REAl brand glasses and not fakes!

There are no more free eye exzams.It is about $50.00 for a exzam now.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
sportsfan99 wrote:There are no more free eye exzams.It is about $50.00 for a exzam now.
If you're 19+ and above its NOT free. (Or 18, forgot)
Feb 22, 2004
288 posts
1 upvote
I do not trust to buy glasses online. I can't measure my eye distance without the special tool. If the glasses eye distance do not correct, it is very bad for the eyes. Also, you cannot know if the frame look good until you actually wear it. I did try different size of the same frame and it look very very different.

A good and correct builded glasses is very important. My prescription was kept increasing until I got my last glasses with acturate prescription and correct builded glasses. My prescription do not increase during the last 5 years. I just buy a new glasses because my health insurance 100% cover prescription glasses.

In Canada, most big opticial store only carry plastic lens because of the safety. I once go to Lanscrafter and the beast they have is 1.68 high index pastic lens.

I just brought my glasses last month. I went to many many optical stores for the style I want. For plastic lens, the highest index plastic lens is only 1.68. For glass lens, it is normally 1.70 and 1.8 can be special ordered.

My prescription is -6.5. I buy my glasses in a small chinese optical store for $280. The frame is Easy Clips and the lens is special ordered high index 1.8 glass lens with anti-reflection costing. This is the best glasses I ever had.

Most chinese optical store quote my glasses between $250-$400. One of the store quote me $350 for a Giorgio Armani frame with custom made clip-on, but I don't like the frame.

Most the big chained optical store (e.g. Lenscrafter) quote me between $350-$500)

One of the small optical store quote me $900 and I walk away at once.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)