Parenting & Family

[Merged] Recommendations for MONTESSORI SCHOOLS in the GTA & surrounding areas

Jan 11, 2011
4 posts
Hi did you put your kid to any of these two? How is it? Thanks.
Ahchu627 wrote: Can anyone tell me more about Royal Cachet Montessori School? Looks like there are a lot of bad reviews about this school. How about Unionville Montessori School? Or any recommendation around woodbine 16th area?
Jul 22, 2015
147 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone have recent experience with Sunrise Montessori in Markham?

I was also recommended to Town Centre Montessori?

Any other recommendations for a Markham Montessori with recent experience is much appreciated.
Dec 8, 2014
13 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON
Newmomtotwins wrote: Does anyone have recent experience with Sunrise Montessori in Markham?

I was also recommended to Town Centre Montessori?

Any other recommendations for a Markham Montessori with recent experience is much appreciated.
Try Unionville Montessori. They may have a waitlists, so wait if you can. The absolute “no” is to Royal Cachet Montessori (they are no longer accredited by the Montessori CCMA even though they advertise it). They were accredited but it expired and they have failed at least twice since.
They have many issues with the ministry of education.
Dec 8, 2014
13 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON
Royal Cachet Montessori School is not a good environment for children. Because the management is poor, it effects the staff and then teachers. It effects the program, the food everything there.
Some of the teachers are really good and love the children, others are only there for the paycheck.
They have the ministry of education checking in on things more than the once a year required because they have broken many laws.
Unionville is a good one. They are professional. Academically, physically and emotional good positive environment.
other good one is Angus Glen.
Not so good are Wishing Well and Mindtech.
Dec 8, 2014
13 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON
nkit88 wrote: Bump for any recommendations for Montessori schools in Markham area.

Hows the one located on Kennedy and 16th? How far ahead do you need to register? Do you have to put a deposit? Thanks!
This is a pretty good one. Lots of things happening in the programs.
Teachers are nice and seem happy working there. That says a lot.
Aug 31, 2014
379 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone have any recent feedback on Victoria Square Montessori's infant and toddler programs? Considering infant program now.
Also, I know this is a Montessori thread, but what do you guys think about Montessori vs the Reggio Emilia approach? (any recommendations on school for the Reggio approach?
thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4004 posts
1842 upvotes
What are ballpark tuition fees for RHMS?

Our daughter is in public school JK and we were planning on putting her in French Immersion in Grade 1.

However - lately I’ve been thinking about private school and RHMS has caught my eye. Do you think my kid will be at a disadvantage if she starts in grade 1 vs kindergarten?
Sep 25, 2018
2 posts
I am looking into few Montessori schools in Markham/Richmond Hill. Cant decide between these 3 schools:

1) Blooming Lives at woodbine
2) Trinity Montessori
3) Sunrise
4)York Montessori

Can anyone please share their thoughts on these above schools and help me decide? I would definitely go for TMS but expensive. And Unionville are full.

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Sep 5, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
SamiraT wrote: I am looking into few Montessori schools in Markham/Richmond Hill. Cant decide between these 3 schools:

1) Blooming Lives at woodbine
2) Trinity Montessori
3) Sunrise
4)York Montessori

Can anyone please share their thoughts on these above schools and help me decide? I would definitely go for TMS but expensive. And Unionville are full.

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks
I took a sunday tour at blooming lives and it looks new and the playground is very big compared to trinity which is next door. Sunrise has been around for awhile but never went for a tour same with York montessori.
Trinity and York are under the CCMA while blooming lives and Sunrise are not according to the website
http://www.ccma.ca/maps/maps.aspx?map=31&map2=5
http://www.ccma.ca/maps/maps.aspx?map=29&map2=5
Jun 7, 2015
4 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rinse wrote: What are ballpark tuition fees for RHMS?

Our daughter is in public school JK and we were planning on putting her in French Immersion in Grade 1.

However - lately I’ve been thinking about private school and RHMS has caught my eye. Do you think my kid will be at a disadvantage if she starts in grade 1 vs kindergarten?
Ballpark is just under 20k a year. I would try to get your child in sooner (sk perhaps) as the curriculum is quite rigourous beginning w the montessori program. For example, grade 1s use grade 3 Nelson math textbooks and lots are already reading chapter books grade levels ahead.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4004 posts
1842 upvotes
MarkhamMama wrote: Ballpark is just under 20k a year. I would try to get your child in sooner (sk perhaps) as the curriculum is quite rigourous beginning w the montessori program. For example, grade 1s use grade 3 Nelson math textbooks and lots are already reading chapter books grade levels ahead.
Thanks! We have a tour scheduled for Monday. If we decide RHMS is the right place the plan is definitely to start her up in SK.
Aug 30, 2007
77 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
Do the poor reviews on Royal Cachet apply to the Stouffville location as well?
Aug 30, 2007
77 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
Can you provide some examples of how the management is poor? what laws did they break?
Dec 20, 2010
61 posts
58 upvotes
toronto
Hello,

Does anybody have recommendations on a Montessori for an 18 month in Scarborough?
Sep 3, 2016
42 posts
Hi all,

When people talk about wait times, what are they typically like for Monterssori schoosl in Richmond Hill, Markham, Stouffville?

If someone is looking for September 2019 is a spot achievable as of now?? My friend will be giving them a call this week but i figure I would ask RFD ahead of time :)
Aug 31, 2014
379 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are you talking about infant spots? They're definitely not as bad as Toronto wait times, and the more expensive places obviously have a bit more spot - not to say that if you call a month or two ahead you're not gonna get any declines. That said with 9 months ahead you should be ok. And Toddler spaces are even better (you get more choices of schools).
Apr 6, 2011
94 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Ahchu627 wrote: Can anyone tell me more about Royal Cachet Montessori School? Looks like there are a lot of bad reviews about this school. How about Unionville Montessori School? Or any recommendation around woodbine 16th area?
Did you end up putting your child(ren) in either? and any comments about either?
Jul 19, 2007
34 posts
6 upvotes
montreal
Hi, looking for recommendations and advice. I would like to put my child in daycare from 12 months ideally or 18 months. Looking for the following:

1. French preferable (I speak french fluently)
2. Near Mississauga/Etobicoke area off QEW.
3. Half-day options (8am to 12pm).

Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2013
1066 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
urbanxspirit wrote: Hello,

Does anybody have recommendations on a Montessori for an 18 month in Scarborough?
We’re you able to find a spot? I am looking in Scarborough as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)