Shopping Discussion

[Merged] Reminder! Code of Practice: Scanner Price Accuracy

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2017 7:07 pm
Nov 26, 2016
31 posts
2 upvotes
I went to costco today. Pants were on sale for 12.97. Went to the cash and the price said 33 dollars. They got a cashier to check the price and came back and said I was right and told the other cashier to charge me 12.97. I was going to mention the price scan error code but I didn't bother. Could I have done this? Can I go back and get the pants for 2:97$+ tax assuming they didn't fix it yet?

Thanks
Jan 30, 2013
157 posts
30 upvotes
ronnielarmond wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 7:32 pm
I went to costco today. Pants were on sale for 12.97. Went to the cash and the price said 33 dollars. They got a cashier to check the price and came back and said I was right and told the other cashier to charge me 12.97. I was going to mention the price scan error code but I didn't bother. Could I have done this? Can I go back and get the pants for 2:97$+ tax assuming they didn't fix it yet?

Thanks
Yes you could go back if it's not fixed.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10279 posts
1319 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Was at Walmart customer service desk. The multi-buy savings on salad didn't show up on receipt. Clerk offered me the multi-buy price, so I had to chime in with, "But what about SCOP?" Tsk tsk.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Jul 23, 2015
251 posts
91 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 5:39 am
Was at Walmart customer service desk. The multi-buy savings on salad didn't show up on receipt. Clerk offered me the multi-buy price, so I had to chime in with, "But what about SCOP?" Tsk tsk.
It is very rare to find a cashier who automatically applies SCOP free (or $10 off)...usually they just change the price to what you tell them. But the policy states they are supposed to do it automatically.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel