Credit Cards

Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite - 4% Groceries & Recurring Bills, 2% Gas & Transit

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2024 8:11 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
2297 posts
2777 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I signed up under the recent 10% cashback and fyf promo. I spent the $2000 last week in 1% category with lump sum insurance payment. My account is showing rewards of $20 only in 1% category and not showing anything about the 10% bonus category. Is this ok? Does the bonus amount show up on the online account summary or just posted in November?

Also, will both the regular rewards and bonus both post in November together or can I expect the bonus earlier?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
dotsandpixels wrote: I signed up under the recent 10% cashback and fyf promo. I spent the $2000 last week in 1% category with lump sum insurance payment. My account is showing rewards of $20 only in 1% category and not showing anything about the 10% bonus category. Is this ok? Does the bonus amount show up on the online account summary or just posted in November?

Also, will both the regular rewards and bonus both post in November together or can I expect the bonus earlier?
The bonus cashback (9% in your case) will be visible after the 3 month promo period, and the full cashback balance including promo is credited to your card in November.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3024 posts
1538 upvotes
Burnaby
For those that applied through high interest savings referral, how long did it take to receive the interac e-transfer bonus?
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11669 posts
14022 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
amplified wrote: For those that applied through high interest savings referral, how long did it take to receive the interac e-transfer bonus?
HIS is the absolute best for paying out for signup bonuses.
I have applied through them several times, and the longest period of time it ever took to receive the funds, was probably just over 3 weeks.
Usual turn around is between 2 and 3 weeks.
Compare that with months with GCR, and god forbid ratesupermarket.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
3682 posts
4522 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: HIS is the absolute best for paying out for signup bonuses.
I have applied through them several times, and the longest period of time it ever took to receive the funds, was probably just over 3 weeks.
Usual turn around is between 2 and 3 weeks.
Compare that with months with GCR, and god forbid ratesupermarket.
I applied through HIS on Jan 9 and have yet to receive the e-transfer.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3353 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
Reloading Presto card via the app using apple pay is recurring. I haven’t tried using the website to reload or using a kiosk if it gives the same thing. I think the latter might not.
Feb 12, 2020
406 posts
597 upvotes
I'm looking for a DP- did the annual fee charged on the card count towards the $2000 spend?
I ask because I see that CIBC dividend VI is counting the annual fee charged and giving 10% cashback on it (despite it being refunded).
Apr 24, 2011
84 posts
71 upvotes
LANGLEY
Was anyone successful in getting Bonus Offer points when upgrading from an existing Scotiabank credit card (ex. Scene VISA) to Scotiabank Momentum Infinite VISA credit card?
T&C states that you will be excluded from the Bonus offer if you had a credit card from Scotiabank in the last 2 years.
If you were successful, can you share your process for getting the bonus offer by upgrading to Scotiabank Momentum Infinite VISA?
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11669 posts
14022 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
casao01 wrote: Was anyone successful in getting Bonus Offer points when upgrading from an existing Scotiabank credit card (ex. Scene VISA) to Scotiabank Momentum Infinite VISA credit card?
T&C states that you will be excluded from the Bonus offer if you had a credit card from Scotiabank in the last 2 years.
If you were successful, can you share your process for getting the bonus offer by upgrading to Scotiabank Momentum Infinite VISA?
Scotia never gives the promo if you do a product switch.
If you apply for a new card, you’ll get the promo.
Dec 24, 2001
119 posts
18 upvotes
Is the 25k cap for grocery + recurring combined, or 25k for grocery and 25k for recurring? I suspect it's the former.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6265 upvotes
LiquidGoop wrote: Is the 25k cap for grocery + recurring combined, or 25k for grocery and 25k for recurring? I suspect it's the former.
Combined.

No bank can afford the latter.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Dec 24, 2001
119 posts
18 upvotes
Well, at least we can hold 2 cards, right? Apply for another in 6 months, pay two AF, and not hard to still come out ahead.
Dec 12, 2007
981 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone applied for this card before cancelled and applied again and got the 10% off promo?

I last had this card in 2015 so not sure if they will check
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6150 upvotes
LiquidGoop wrote: Well, at least we can hold 2 cards, right? Apply for another in 6 months, pay two AF, and not hard to still come out ahead.
If you are big spenders on the 4% categories($50k per year), then yes.
Dec 24, 2001
119 posts
18 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Combined.

No bank can afford the latter.
I was looking at the CIBC Dividend Visa, and it seems like they can afford it:
The 4% and 2% cash back offers are
only available on the first $80,000 in net annual card purchases (meaning all card
purchases by all cardholders, at any type of merchant) or $20,000 on gas, grocery,
TELUS or Tim Hortons purchases on your account, whichever comes first
Sep 26, 2012
332 posts
235 upvotes
Edmonton
Does anyone know if enmax qualifies for the 4% recurring bill payment cashback now? It didnt a while ago. Scotiabank said it was enmax fault for using the wrong code. Enmax said it was up to scotiabank
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
EdisonL299 wrote: They are working on it.
Is getdigs working now as reoccuring payment (4%)?
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Jan 22, 2008
90 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
I RFD wrote: Is getdigs working now as reoccuring payment (4%)?
Yes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)