[Merged] Should Conan O'Brien be fired?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2010 8:57 pm
Dec 2, 2003
149 posts
herakles wrote:
Jan 21st, 2010 12:05 am
lol at the bugatti veyron mouse
I love the cost, 1.5million dollars for a comedy bit. What is he going to do tomorrow?

B :idea:
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23191 posts
1032 upvotes
Markham, ON
way to stick it to the man

congrads Conan...you deserve it buddy
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18190 posts
360 upvotes
Richmond
So Conan walks away with 45M.

NBC: Conan O'Brien reaches $45M exit deal

O'Brien's final show will be Friday, with Tom Hanks scheduled to appear as well as Will Ferrell — his first guest as "Tonight" host last June.

Leno will return to "Tonight" on March 1...

O'Brien will be free to begin another TV job as soon as September, NBC said. There has been much speculation on where he might go next. ABC (which airs "Nightline" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live!") has said it wasn't interested, while Fox, which lacks a network late-night show, expressed appreciation for his show — but nothing more. Comedy Central has also been mentioned...
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
nsx wrote:
Jan 21st, 2010 11:25 am
So Conan walks away with 45M[/url]
Nice! Some of that will go to his staff who moved to LA to work on the Tonight Show. The economics don't work out but he can move behind Daily Show & others for a fair "Cable" marketshare.

It would be, Aww...wait for it, Awesome :)
Sep 1, 2006
233 posts
2 upvotes
tmz reports that this deal gets rid of the "mitigation clause" so that conan gets the 32.5mil from nbc even after he gets a new gig.

Nobody mentioned anything about the final agreement on the intellectual properties, though. I guess conan might already given that up as reported in earlier pending agreements and his jokes about it in the monologue
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16055 posts
1001 upvotes
Woodbridge
I heard on 680 News...

Cocoa will get $33 Million. NBC owns the rights to his "bits." :twisted: LOL

The Staff/Crew will get like $12 Million and has to wait until September before appearing on Television again.

I can't wait for Tonight, should be a Classic!!! Conan FTMW!!! Again, screw Leno/NBC!!! :mad:
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4441 posts
255 upvotes
Did they really pay 1.5 million for that comedy bit?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23191 posts
1032 upvotes
Markham, ON
hellinar wrote:
Jan 21st, 2010 12:08 pm
tmz reports that this deal gets rid of the "mitigation clause" so that conan gets the 32.5mil from nbc even after he gets a new gig.

Nobody mentioned anything about the final agreement on the intellectual properties, though. I guess conan might already given that up as reported in earlier pending agreements and his jokes about it in the monologue
so we can expect Leno to start using the masterbating bear on his first night...
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16535 posts
329 upvotes
7jaii wrote:
Jan 21st, 2010 12:03 pm
Nice! Some of that will go to his staff who moved to LA to work on the Tonight Show. The economics don't work out but he can move behind Daily Show & others for a fair "Cable" marketshare.

It would be, Aww...wait for it, Awesome :)
Legend.....s of the fall
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1172 upvotes
DiploDocus wrote:
Jan 21st, 2010 12:14 pm
Did they really pay 1.5 million for that comedy bit?
Even if they did, those items would be property of NBC and they can now sell them to recover most of the costs. So the net cost would be a lot less than $1.5MM.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu