• Nov 20th, 2012 9:56 am
Tags:
None
Oct 8, 2007
347 posts
32 upvotes
archdemon wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 12:35 am
Wii U = 1080p Gamecube, seriously don't see the appeal.

Can the 4gb be expanded at all, no slots?
As per wikipedia definition:
8GB (Basic) or 32GB (Deluxe (NA)/Premium (EU)) Internal flash memory, expandable via SD memory cards and USB hard disk drive
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Darko wrote:
Nov 15th, 2012 10:02 pm
white one is a rip off.
it will still sell out probably bcuz ppl are suckers.
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
951 upvotes
Mississauga
themanfromvlad wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 12:34 am
Also note that the 8GB Wii U has less than 4GB of free space. Rest taken up already by OS and installed channels.
Doesn't it take SD cards? Or you can expand it with thumb drives. Not sure but I'm sure memory isn't an issue
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10305 posts
685 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:01 am
or maybe wii u is just a great device
He who tries will be wasted
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
archdemon wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 12:35 am
Wii U = 1080p Gamecube, seriously don't see the appeal.

Can the 4gb be expanded at all, no slots?
Good for you bro. Go buy an external hard drive.

Fantaz wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:01 am
What is wrong with it? A small hardrive? Well I still will have to get an external one anyways so I don't mind. Oh it doesn't come with some plastic stands? oh wow.
"Want Some Steelbooks? Deal wit it" - Futureshop
Jul 13, 2009
396 posts
119 upvotes
PozzyD wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:05 am
Doesn't it take SD cards? Or you can expand it with thumb drives. Not sure but I'm sure memory isn't an issue
mightydrake wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:00 am
As per wikipedia definition:
8GB (Basic) or 32GB (Deluxe (NA)/Premium (EU)) Internal flash memory, expandable via SD memory cards and USB hard disk drive
You cannot save Wii U software to an SD card and Nintendo said you shouldn't try using thumb drives because games will run really poorly off it.

You will have to use an external drive, but it can only be a usb connection, not firewire (which is a much faster connection.) This means you will need 4 wall sockets free: 1 for your TV, 1 for your Wii U, 1 for your external drive, and 1 for your controller (the controller charges from the wall, the screen cannot be turned off, has a battery life of 3-5 hours, and are not sold separately so you cannot swap between two.)

The actual amount of useable internal SSD memory is 3GB for the Basic and 25GB for the Deluxe.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
clicketyclick wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:50 am
You cannot save Wii U software to an SD card and Nintendo said you shouldn't try using thumb drives because games will run really poorly off it.

You will have to use an external drive, but it can only be a usb connection, not firewire (which is a much faster connection.) This means you will need 4 wall sockets free: 1 for your TV, 1 for your Wii U, 1 for your external drive, and 1 for your controller (the controller charges from the wall, the screen cannot be turned off, has a battery life of 3-5 hours, and are not sold separately so you cannot swap between two.)

The actual amount of useable internal SSD memory is 3GB for the Basic and 25GB for the Deluxe.
Okay but why should I have these all plugged in when I am charging the tablet?
"Want Some Steelbooks? Deal wit it" - Futureshop
Nov 13, 2012
60 posts
36 upvotes
Seeing these go for as high as $500 on eBay, just to buy someone ELSE'S pre-order.
The sheep are out in force this year. Baaaah. :D
Jul 13, 2009
396 posts
119 upvotes
604nick wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:58 am
May I ask why anyone want to have the screen off on the gamepad controller?
To save on battery, or if you're just setting it down to go do something else for a bit. I've left my PS3 controller and game on for 30 minutes here and there when a phone rings or I want to go grab something to eat or whatever.
SaleEndsSoon wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:58 am
Okay but why should I have these all plugged in when I am charging the tablet?
You want to unplug your tv to charge your tablet controller? :eek:

You will most likely find yourself charging the controller while playing because the battery life is so short. In fact, Nintendo acknowledged this reality by making the cord super long. They expect that you'll be playing it while it's charging at least some of the time.
Oct 28, 2012
441 posts
157 upvotes
Calgary
The Wii U has an open approach to memory, the 24gb upgrade from white to black is almost meaningless, everyone has external hard drives to plug in to the wii for memory. They even said they didn't want to add any real storage to the wii u because they want customers to buy their own memory for as cheap as they want. The black has the stand + nintendo land for an extra $50, thats where the real value comes in. I've tried out the wii u at my bestbuy, sadly they only had 1 game to try out but the main controller is actually pretty awesome. Its going to be a lot of fun for holidays to play the find mario game and the other nintendo land games, and being able to have a 5th player will be sweet.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
2277 posts
796 upvotes
Just orderedfrom staples cause I had a $35 off coupon, came to $299 after taxes. Plus had $20in staples rewards. So its a better deal than the deluxe. The thing that sucks though is that it might come a bit later cause staples says it'll shop out on the 19th. As for the 32gb vs. 8gb its not a big deal since you are guaranteed to need more storage with both systems.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2012 posts
377 upvotes
GTA
My pre-order for an 8GB at The Source is being delivered to the store today! I will definitely have it for release day! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1504 posts
596 upvotes
DON'T BUY AT THE SOURCE!
I pre-ordered a month ago there for the deluxe edition and they just f***** called me to tell me they won't receive it before the end of November... I canceled my order.

This pisses me off!!!
No one has yet thanked xblackdemonx for this post ❗
× < >