Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4199 posts
154 upvotes
Darko wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:35 pm
and stupid he didnt wait till december to sell them for higher...
it's a risk i guess waiting that long for some people.. either stock will run dry or there will be plenty of stocks...
Aug 13, 2009
102 posts
7 upvotes
thehockeyguy wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:48 pm
it's a risk i guess waiting that long for some people.. either stock will run dry or there will be plenty of stocks...
No risk if he bought them from retail stores as he can return them a long time from now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
5532 posts
351 upvotes
GVRtrader wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:44 pm
Don't really need to wait till December. Prices should go up the next few days.
how many did you buy lol
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
Darko wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:50 pm
how many did you buy lol
Lets just say i probably got more deluxe + basic than SDM total basic supply in BC (and i bought quite a few @ 95k + ~170 SDM credit). Only found 2 Deluxe @ SDM yesterday (found none today). Guess its a good thing i had quite a few pre-orders @ Toysrus (GC also bought from SDM lol) and EB (bought some GC from SDM just for this purpose since i didn't do many trade ins @ EB recently for credit). SDM is quickly replacing BB/FS in my flipping rotation.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
BUFFAR wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:00 pm
All yours man. I'm sure it's still there if you call ahead. I'm done with trading ages ago. Lol

Anyone know a site that sell screen protectors and other cheap accessories??
For WiiU?

http://www.amazon.ca/HORI-Wii-Precision ... 822&sr=8-1 would be decent tho not exactly cheap. Hori accessory generally are decent quality. Of course if you want cheaper, my guess is there will be some on ebay (didn't look).
Dec 2, 2002
49 posts
2 upvotes
Thornhill
You can still order the basic at Staples.ca if you don't mind waiting:
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW

Standard Staples coupons work, so you can get anywhere from $15-$40 off depending what coupons you have (I used a 25 off 200 and 15 off 100 myself for a basic).

From everything I've read, stock shouldn't really be in short supply like with the original unless you HAVE to have the deluxe set now.
The basic set supports external hard drives which even Deluxe buyers will probably want at some point in any case.

Hoarders will start returning them, especially shortly after the Xmas season.
Don't encourage hoarder behaviour - pretty sad that RFD community has so many these days.
Heatware (Just getting started!)
Aug 22, 2011
455 posts
58 upvotes
BRAMPTON
anyone have any extra Deluxes in the Brampton Area? I was able to grab a Basic, but I couldn't for the life of me get a deluxe (sold out, and long story short, I was like 5th in line at FS this am but couldn't wait the hour before opening, so i left.).... that being said... I can flip the basic (brand new, unopened) with the deluxe and I can throw in something else. (not looking to spend 500$ so that ends right here).... we all know you can flip even the basic for 450$ +, and we all know what was paid... so... straight flip and I will add in some stuff you can probably also sell and make a profit off of...

Seriously, if you have one and are close by in Brampton, PM me and let me know.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1864 posts
416 upvotes
jkoiou wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:08 am
anyone have any extra Deluxes in the Brampton Area? I was able to grab a Basic, but I couldn't for the life of me get a deluxe (sold out, and long story short, I was like 5th in line at FS this am but couldn't wait the hour before opening, so i left.).... that being said... I can flip the basic (brand new, unopened) with the deluxe and I can throw in something else. (not looking to spend 500$ so that ends right here).... we all know you can flip even the basic for 450$ +, and we all know what was paid... so... straight flip and I will add in some stuff you can probably also sell and make a profit off of...

Seriously, if you have one and are close by in Brampton, PM me and let me know.
Haha horde to rehorde
Aug 22, 2011
455 posts
58 upvotes
BRAMPTON
witenite wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:17 am
Haha horde to rehorde
no. i only bought one console (i could have gotten a total of 5 basics today cause I knew where to go to get them...) but I only got one, and I wanted a deluxe. not to horde but to keep...
Aug 13, 2009
102 posts
7 upvotes
jkoiou wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:20 am
no. i only bought one console (i could have gotten a total of 5 basics today cause I knew where to go to get them...) but I only got one, and I wanted a deluxe. not to horde but to keep...
Unless u really want nintendo land there really isnt much difference between the basic and the deluxe unless color is big to you. The amount of memory in the machine is almost pointless since almost everyone will ad a hard drive because even 32gb is way to small.
Nov 15, 2012
60 posts
6 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:03 pm
No, parents get a reality check as does little Timmie and since none of his friends have it he does not care. Instead he know focuses on something else like an iPad3 or 3DS. His friends do not have it either due to the RFD w hores who buy multiple consoles in hopes of being somehow rich. They become obsessed as their day job pays them very little. They do not realize the hours spent until January 6th shows up and they look like turds returning multiple consoles. I enjoy watching these people right after boxing day. They wear hats and hoodies in case they bump into someone they know. lol

Looking at 90% of the posts here on RFD, not one single person just picked up one unit. Had they done that, there would still be stock sitting at many stores. The demand is just not there this year for what is nothing more than HD Wii.
So what you're trying to say is, the people on this 19 page thread collectively sold out Future Shop, Best Buy, The Source, Shoppers Drug Mart, & Walmart as well as all their online stores? I think you're the one needing the reality check here...the demand is VERY high for this console. Claiming that "RFD w hores" cleaned out the country is something I would hear a villain doing in a Bond movie.
Oct 18, 2012
80 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sirjerry wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:31 am
So what you're trying to say is, the people on this 19 page thread collectively sold out Future Shop, Best Buy, The Source, Shoppers Drug Mart, & Walmart as well as all their online stores? I think you're the one needing the reality check here...the demand is VERY high for this console. Claiming that "RFD w hores" cleaned out the country is something I would hear a villain doing in a Bond movie.
There was no demand in Vancouver, I could have picked up a deluxe at the futureshop on robson at 5pm today.
Nov 15, 2012
60 posts
6 upvotes
GVRtrader wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:31 pm
Supply and Demand... the number of suppliers selling it at that rate will exceed the supply rather quickly. Its not like there isn't a history of this... heck it used to happen yearly with iphone (tho Wii is probably the best example).
Agreed. Wait it out. Let the supply dwindle, which it will considering reports of shortages in NA and Canada, and like I said, no ETA on second shipments from big places like Walmart. Then put a comfortable markup and /win. To be fair, I'm not one of those people who bought 50 consoles. I got 3 of them - 2 deluxe, 1 white. The white one is for me because I prefer the white colour as well as the fact that I have a 1TB external harddrive collecting dust. The two deluxe consoles are going to be used to pay for my white model. I've already been given an offer for $600, so people are willing to pay $200 more as of now.
Nov 15, 2012
60 posts
6 upvotes
tylercranston1 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:35 am
There was no demand in Vancouver, I could have picked up a deluxe at the futureshop on robson at 5pm today.
Really? Here in Toronto and the GTA, it was pretty much sold out everywhere by 11:00am. Soonafter, futureshop.ca, walmart.ca, and bestbuy.ca were cleaned out.

Edit: While I'm not saying that there isn't a lot of supply (there definitely is compared to 2006 with the Wii), this will still sell out. Maybe it'll take 2 days or 3 before it's fully cleaned out. Give it another few days for the lowballing scalpers to make $50 off their console, and then we can judge the market. Everything now is just speculation. And what is there to lose? I return my console back to Walmart with a 0% loss. It's not as though we're playing the stock market here...
× < >