Yeah this morning I also got a backorder email. BOOO
:!: ^^ If you like this post click thanks! ^^ :!:
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10331 posts
700 upvotes
TechDNA wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 2:05 am
Seeing these go for as high as $500 on eBay, just to buy someone ELSE'S pre-order.
The sheep are out in force this year. Baaaah. :D
$500 is that it?
damn I'm gonna hold on to mine for a couple weeks

I'm not going less than $600-650 for an 8gb
He who tries will be wasted
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2019 posts
380 upvotes
GTA
Just got a call from the store. My 8GB is in the store and will be available for pickup on Sunday morning. :cool:
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3024 posts
802 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Viper98 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 10:34 am
$500 is that it?
damn I'm gonna hold on to mine for a couple weeks

I'm not going less than $600-650 for an 8gb
$650 for an 8GB? Lol I wish you the best of luck
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
clicketyclick wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 2:05 am
To save on battery, or if you're just setting it down to go do something else for a bit. I've left my PS3 controller and game on for 30 minutes here and there when a phone rings or I want to go grab something to eat or whatever.

You want to unplug your tv to charge your tablet controller? :eek:

You will most likely find yourself charging the controller while playing because the battery life is so short. In fact, Nintendo acknowledged this reality by making the cord super long. They expect that you'll be playing it while it's charging at least some of the time.

Um. Why not take everything else out and just keep your tv in and plug the damn remote into the wall and charge? I can understand what you mean though. But 3 hours of straight gameplay is a lot right now.

But when a game is very good it is kinda hard to just stop playing. But I think a lot of first party games will have two options on how to play. Allowing you to use the classic controller or whatever it is called.
"Want Some Steelbooks? Deal wit it" - Futureshop
Oct 31, 2012
629 posts
156 upvotes
Guelph
N8Magic wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 11:01 am
Just got a call from the store. My 8GB is in the store and will be available for pickup on Sunday morning. :cool:
Sorry, this could be a stupid question, but did you get that call saying that based on this batch of preorders? Or did you preorder awhile ago. Reason being is I just managed to get a preorder now (Thanks OP!) but if I get a call saying I can pick it up Sunday ill be pumped!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2019 posts
380 upvotes
GTA
LawEightSix wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 12:15 pm
Sorry, this could be a stupid question, but did you get that call saying that based on this batch of preorders? Or did you preorder awhile ago. Reason being is I just managed to get a preorder now (Thanks OP!) but if I get a call saying I can pick it up Sunday ill be pumped!
I pre-ordered on Monday, the item shipped yesterday.

I doubt that an order now would get to the store by Sunday, but who knows?
Oct 9, 2005
458 posts
13 upvotes
N8Magic wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 12:21 pm
I pre-ordered on Monday, the item shipped yesterday.

I doubt that an order now would get to the store by Sunday, but who knows?
I preordered the first day they were available, and now they call me to say it won't come until Dec. 5 or later.

BTW, for those concerned about plugs, you can always use a 2.5" external hdd, powered via usb. I've had one connected to my wii for a couple of years with no problems.
Aug 22, 2011
456 posts
58 upvotes
BRAMPTON
SaleEndsSoon wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 11:36 am
But I think a lot of first party games will have two options on how to play. Allowing you to use the classic controller or whatever it is called.
This...
I'm pretty sure we all have most of the wiiU launch titles on other systems and those we do not have will be the ones that work with the (tv) screen to not have to play on the tv.... i think Im most excited about this feature. too bad wii games don't work this way, although they did mention they would look into it....
Mar 13, 2007
708 posts
90 upvotes
Calgary
gdhannah wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 12:39 pm
I preordered the first day they were available, and now they call me to say it won't come until Dec. 5 or later.

BTW, for those concerned about plugs, you can always use a 2.5" external hdd, powered via usb. I've had one connected to my wii for a couple of years with no problems.
At least u got a call. I didn't even know until I saw it in rdf and call them. Source u FAIL. The only way to ever buy anything from them is give us a discount or a GC for the future
Jan 26, 2009
262 posts
76 upvotes
Niagara Region
This just came in the mail today:

Anyone want to get there hands on one early?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3024 posts
802 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
raceway wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:46 pm

Unless you've got Zombi U and NSMB U, keep it lol
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1010 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
raceway wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:46 pm

Nice :) Where did you order it from?
lenny = white
carl = black
Nov 15, 2012
62 posts
6 upvotes
When I try to order at thesource.ca it doesn't allow me for in-store pickup...is there a way to have it shipped to a store near me so I can physically go in on Sunday to grab it? I don't trust them shipping it in case it gets delayed.
Jan 26, 2009
262 posts
76 upvotes
Niagara Region
Jeroyds wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 2:14 pm
Nice :) Where did you order it from?
Futureshop
× < >