Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Kobo eBooks

Staples: Mini Kobo with free case ($39.56 with 20 airmiles)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2013 10:58 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
just got the last one at staples next to Chinook mall... thanks op

is it normal for the text to kinda flicker when turning pages?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Got a black Kobo Mini but wasn't given any of those seemingly pointless snap-back covers. Thanks OP! I fluctuate between being a voracious reader and then not touching a single book for ages. Hopefully this can get me back into reading heavily again. Time to figure out how to load all the PDF e-books I have saved on my computer onto the Kobo Mini.

Anyone found an inexpensive slip cover/bag for the Kobo Mini? I don't want to pay any more than $10. Otherwise I'll just leave the screen protector on the screen for as long as humanly possible.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
70 upvotes
Dieppe
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Got a black Kobo Mini but wasn't given any of those seemingly pointless snap-back covers. Thanks OP! I fluctuate between being a voracious reader and then not touching a single book for ages. Hopefully this can get me back into reading heavily again. Time to figure out how to load all the PDF e-books I have saved on my computer onto the Kobo Mini.

Anyone found an inexpensive slip cover/bag for the Kobo Mini? I don't want to pay any more than $10. Otherwise I'll just leave the screen protector on the screen for as long as humanly possible.
I'm thinking of having my mom or sister make me a cloth cover to slip it in and throw in my purse. If you know anyone who is decent at sewing, it could be an option. :) Otherwise, check eBay for a neoprene case or something.

I'm happy I managed to get my hands on one of these with a red/pink back.

There's a certain book I want to read on it but it's not on the Kobo store (Confessions of an Advertising Man). I'm hoping to find a copy because I hate reading paper books (annoying to hold).
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone got one with buyers remorse, please let me know?
May 13, 2012
422 posts
424 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP, got one PMed at Future Shop for 38 bucks, great deal.
Jan 14, 2013
854 posts
99 upvotes
Gatineau
Time to return back that Aluratek i got 2 weeks ago.
Thanks OP
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Sometimes my wife reads in the dark/at night and she's not really into attaching a light.

Is it better to get a Kobo Glo?
This was a great deal, but I don't mind paying more.
Mar 18, 2010
253 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Just got my Kobo mini in the mail today. Cracked open the bottom and found that there was a 4GB Micro SDHC card installed instead of the 2GB as stated on the package. Windows shows 4MB used and 1.31 GB free. Anyone know how to free up the extra 2 GB of space on the card?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
You should be able to use a partition manager, maybe someone can recommend a free one.
Mar 18, 2010
253 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for steering me in the right direction. For those that have the inclination to upgrade to a higher capacity memory card, you can find all the details at: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showth ... p?t=193321

I was able to use up all the free space on the included 4GB micro SDHC card using Partition Wizard Home Edition. I went from 1.31GB free to 3.12GB free. Awesome Easter Egg from this already sweet deal.

AncasterRFD wrote: You should be able to use a partition manager, maybe someone can recommend a free one.