[Merged] Stay away from 123inkcartridges.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2018 10:21 am
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
This: NEVER send a return, a package, or anything else through a courier or mail without requiring a signature on the other end, if you care at all about getting proper service or someone admitting to the item arriving. To save, what, $1 or so? Get a signature.

kbeaud79 wrote: Here's where the FUN starts.......both toner returns appear to have been delivered by Canada Post however, when I recently inquired as to the status of my refunds I'm told that they have not received my return(s) and that they have started an investigation with Canada Post! I can't get them to confirm whether they are missing both returns or just one and if so, which one? Regardless, I then contact Canada Post who indicate that since 123inkcartridges.ca do not require a signature that there's nothing further they can do since their scans record the "delivery" status! Also, since I'm not the one who paid for the return shipment I can't file a complaint or launch an investigation with Canada Post. 123inkcartridges.ca claim that it's their "policy" not to refund anything until the investigation has been completed and that I should just be patient! I've run a couple of searches (http://www.resellerratings.com/store/123inkcartridges, http://www.scamchecker.com/report/123in ... #complaint, etc.....microsoft-d5d-mobile-mouse-4000-oem-blu ... ca-973979/) , and found that there are in fact others recently reporting this same problem in dealing with this company where they claim they haven't received the returned item and that they'll start a Canada Post investigation and then ....................nothing ever happens! They no longer reply to my phone calls or emails!

Folks...the only recourse with this type of business practice is to STOP BUYING FROM THEM, REPORT THEM and FILE A CLAIM WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY! Too bad 'cause I thought they were a decent company but guess I was just lucky until now. :confused:
Nov 5, 2009
94 posts
4 upvotes
I've used this site twice for printer ink. I'd never order computer parts from an ink cartridge store but I guess that's just common sense.
Oct 24, 2006
7 posts
3 upvotes
HowEver wrote: This: NEVER send a return, a package, or anything else through a courier or mail without requiring a signature on the other end, if you care at all about getting proper service or someone admitting to the item arriving. To save, what, $1 or so? Get a signature.

Problem with this situation is that 123inkcartridges.ca insist that you return the defective items to them using their prepaid RMA ExpressPost return labels. THEY do not require a signature and because THEY are the ones paying for shipment the sender has no control over this unless they choose to return products at THEIR expense......which in this case I would have been out far more than what I am already!! One way or another I'll get this resolved....even if it involves BBB complaints and following up with my credit card carrier. It's just a royal pain! and quite sad since they seemed to be a good company up until recently...... Time to find another RELIABLE and HONEST retailer I guess.... :confused:
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
For toner, if you are close to north york, just go to TriggerXpress (used to be absolute toner...still absolute toner on ebay) and they will price match them. I go there for all my toner cartridges and refills. No hassle.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5031 posts
14065 upvotes
Winnipeg
I purchased a replacement toner for my HP Laserjet P1005 from them and I was not happy with the print quality. It was terrible and can be compared to a very bad photocopy. There were smudge marks on the entire page. :mad: I did not open the package until 6 months after receiving it but they do have a one year product guarantee and they will send you a pre-paid shipping label. :) Shipping charges to you for the original order are non-refundable.

Two thumbs down.
Apr 14, 2004
308 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a small order from them, and then a larger order. I can only comment briefly on it, as I havent yet "used" the products for the most part. I have only used the black toner from the first shipment, and it was fine. I think they have an office in Montreal and Vancouver or something. Maybe there is a difference between the two offices in terms of quality? Mine shipped from the Quebec office. Even though I didnt have a problem, I mgiht stay away from them in the future based on reviews here. Im just hopeful all that toner I bought and havent used yet is ok.
Banned
Nov 21, 2010
310 posts
48 upvotes
I guess that this kind of issue did happen in any company and it is pretty understandable why ppl are so mad about this issue...
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2761 posts
882 upvotes
Purchased a refurb Asus gaming laptop and it arrived in terrible condition. Deep scratches, dents, vents caked with dirt, pirated copy of Vista, and some obvious liquid damage. Not a refurb by any reasonable definition. Many emails later, they would not honor their posted 30-day satisfaction guarantee. No exchange, no refund, just lots of dismissive emails and false promises.

Sold it as-is on EBay.

And the argument that one shouldn't buy a computer from an ink reseller is absurd. They are nothing more than resellers; they aren't hand-crafting those imported ink cartridges. It's their failure to adhere to their own policies that has created these issues.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Wow, I haven't bought anything from them for a while so it's good to know their recent performance. I usually buy ink from them but once I bought a Kingston USB jump drive and it did flop after using just twice. I agree 123inkcartridges doesn't make these things but I wonder where they get their stocks from... :?:
Sep 20, 2008
1 posts
Mississauga
I bought two cartridges and both were defective, leaving a trail of ink blots along the right side of each printed page. I contacted "customer service" on January 20, 2011 and I did everything they asked of me: I wiped down the cartridge drum as instructed but to no avail, sent them pics of the problem, downloaded the prepaid mailing label, sent the two cartridges back to them, and then, after weeks and weeks, and more follow-up contact, they finally credited my store account for...ONE cartridge (I returned two).

I contacted them again but, in keeping with what other customers are saying, they claimed that only one cartridge was received by them and they'll look for the other one. Another excuse that they use all the time is that their "accountant" has delayed the whole process so they can't credit your store account promptly or even correctly. They even had the nerve to suggest that I place another order while I waited for them to credit my store account for the second returned cartridge. They did warn me that the process takes a while. Why? You guessed it, their accountant is slow. I never did get a credit for that second cartridge. Oh, yeah, the store credit only applies to purchases over the credit amount so customers have to top-up with additional cash before the credit is applied.

Buyer beware...123Inkcartridges.ca is out to make a fast buck and their product is unreliable. Some have had positive experiences (although one wonders if they write their own positive reviews on their website) but it's really a roll of the dice so be prepared if you want to gamble your dollars with this firm. Should you experience a problem, don't expect a satisfactory resolution. The worst part is that they pretend to be working on your problem when they really should just say "final sale - no return, no exchange, no refund" and leave it at that. At least they would be honest about their practice and not waste the customer's time, creating false expectations and delivering cheap platitudes such as "please don't worry; thank you so much for your information; sorry for the inconvenience; wait just a bit longer". I've learned my lesson and I want nothing more to do with this chop shop. My next step is to file a report with the BBB and move on. Congratulations, 133InkCartridges you won: you sucked me in and got my money but never again. I've since purchased a toner cartridge from another online merchant and delivery was next day and it's working perfectly.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
lil_azn wrote: I've been a customer for about 4 years now ink+toner never had a real problem. Shpping time is blazing fast. But recently I've ordered a set of cartridge WITH chips (paid a bit more then the no chip set) and when I've putted them in the printer... chps weren't*recognized.. I did piss me off. but didn't want to bother with them... It's just really sad to know that I've chosen to pay more to know the ink level, but finally I can't know

same thing happened to me. I had to restart the printer a few times to get it to work. I'm hesitant to order from them again.

Anyone can recommend a better place? Ebay?
Dec 9, 2007
955 posts
31 upvotes
champ91 wrote: same thing happened to me. I had to restart the printer a few times to get it to work. I'm hesitant to order from them again.

Anyone can recommend a better place? Ebay?

There is a thread in expired deals which recommends this place.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1518 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry to bring up a really old thread, but since some posters here have had good experiences with this company, did you have to remove a protective strip before installing a toner? I installed my toner and nothing prints, and there is no protective strip that I can find.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4657 posts
1385 upvotes
Guelph, ON
jeepkings wrote: i ordered toners from them, and they came out great.

+1

Family and friends have had excellent experience with them. Highly recommend for toners. On a side note, noticed one or two people within this thread giving negative comments and only have posted a couple times. Obviously take their reviews with a grain of salt, typically competitor wanting to put them down.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1209 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blahraptors wrote: Sorry to bring up a really old thread, but since some posters here have had good experiences with this company, did you have to remove a protective strip before installing a toner? I installed my toner and nothing prints, and there is no protective strip that I can find.

I'd give them a call or email. I just installed a toner for my brother laser printer that I bought from them q few months ago. It had a protective strip, which I removed and it prints perfectly.
Jan 15, 2012
1 posts
WINNIPEG
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I ordered ink cartridges for my business, but they never arrived. The company would not refund my money, rather they gave me a store credit. Why would I want to use a store credit to order from a store that does not deliver its orders? Order at your own risk, but this was a huge waste of money.
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
It's quite peculiar that almost all of the complaints in this thread are from ppl with *extremely* few posts (except for one poster)... So that doesn't give me much to worry about. I'm going to order a HP 12A from them.

Nice try on trying to badmouth them, competitors.
Sep 8, 2009
773 posts
108 upvotes
mattchoo wrote: It's quite peculiar that almost all of the complaints in this thread are from ppl with *extremely* few posts (except for one poster)... So that doesn't give me much to worry about. I'm going to order a HP 12A from them.

Nice try on trying to badmouth them, competitors.

yup, maybe just from bad experience and googling.

I've had many successful orders from 123, even had one damaged shipment that 123 replaced free of charge (providing picture of the package).
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
my only negative feedback about 123:

"do not safe drop"

I specifically put "it's okay to safe drop" in my address part, but they remove it, lol.