Swagbucks

Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2024 2:57 pm
Apr 13, 2009
492 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
did anybody else notice that 5$ paypal card offer is gone?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1936 posts
749 upvotes
Toronto
_RFDealt_ wrote: sigh, do we really need to explain that a code posted 2 days ago is not going to still be valid?
sigh, do you really need to post every time you get a text you don't like? Given that it was a two day code, posting the expiration is not out of line.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2663 posts
854 upvotes
Chatham
kuot wrote: I don't think there is an expiry date attached to the gift card. And yes, you can stack the gift cards.
So are they actually sending you the GC in mail or just a code # for the card? In other words, do I need to put my address into SwagBucks?
Dec 18, 2006
806 posts
1901 upvotes
Barrie
Tibbs wrote: So are they actually sending you the GC in mail or just a code # for the card? In other words, do I need to put my address into SwagBucks?
Amazon GC's are sent via email. No physical address needed for Amazon redemptions.
Dec 9, 2006
546 posts
14 upvotes
They are now allowing Canadians to get the $5 PayPal. It's 80SB and the description says $5 US dollars will be deposited.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
sidseven wrote: They are now allowing Canadians to get the $5 PayPal. It's 80SB and the description says $5 US dollars will be deposited.
This is awesome!
Feb 2, 2009
132 posts
5 upvotes
sorry for going off-topic, but can someone clarify how paypal works exactly? I have an account created through a couple ebay transactions but I used visa as the payment method. However, if I do receive funds say through swagbucks for example, and want to send this money to make a purchase elsewhere, do I have to verify my account first and connect it to my bank account? Or is this not necessary?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4747 upvotes
Montreal
Lee83 wrote: sorry for going off-topic, but can someone clarify how paypal works exactly? I have an account created through a couple ebay transactions but I used visa as the payment method. However, if I do receive funds say through swagbucks for example, and want to send this money to make a purchase elsewhere, do I have to verify my account first and connect it to my bank account? Or is this not necessary?

My question is similar: If you have $ in your paypal account, does Paypal take the $ in your account first for the transaction before using credit card on file?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2663 posts
854 upvotes
Chatham
Kaylee wrote: Amazon GC's are sent via email. No physical address needed for Amazon redemptions.
Weird. As soon as I tried my first Snag on the $5 amazon.ca gift card it threw up my details and said I have to fill in my address. And it won't let me submit without it.

Is there a way around it?
Dec 9, 2006
546 posts
14 upvotes
Tibbs wrote: Weird. As soon as I tried my first Snag on the $5 amazon.ca gift card it threw up my details and said I have to fill in my address. And it won't let me submit without it.

Is there a way around it?
You have to enter an address, but they will post the card# to your SB account.

Re: paypal
I was just trying to figure out if it's worth it to use Paypal, they charge a certain percentage for email transfers, plus a transaction fee (2.9%+30cents, something along those lines) and then they also have a currency conversion fee. I guess if you are allowed to hold an account in USD, then you can avoid the currency conversion fees, but I'm not familiar with how it works to receive money. I've only ever used Paypal to pay for stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4105 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
sidseven wrote: You have to enter an address, but they will post the card# to your SB account.

Re: paypal
I was just trying to figure out if it's worth it to use Paypal, they charge a certain percentage for email transfers, plus a transaction fee (2.9%+30cents, something along those lines) and then they also have a currency conversion fee. I guess if you are allowed to hold an account in USD, then you can avoid the currency conversion fees, but I'm not familiar with how it works to receive money. I've only ever used Paypal to pay for stuff.
Honestly, even now, this Paypal offer isn't really all that good. You need double the points compared to a amazon giftcard, and I am fairly certain that they do take off fees as well. If they offered Paypal for around say 60, then I'd say go for it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5068 posts
3305 upvotes
Bell Rep wrote: Well if you get Amazon GC your limited to that site but if you get Paypal GC then you can practically buy anything off the web.
Very true, but the thing is you can virtually buy $10 worth of Amazon cards for $5 worth of Paypal. If anything, just snag the Amazon cards and resell for $7 or $8.

A little extra effort, but particularly with the Windows 7 pre-order, lots of people are buying.
Jul 6, 2008
7 posts
markham
How does swagbucks know when you are using multiple accounts? Is it because of the same IP address?
Nov 3, 2007
209 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sorry if this sounds like a "stupid question" but why would swagbucks not allow you to "snag it" even though you have the proper number of swagbucks?
For example, I would like to get the $10 Starbucks Gift Card which costs 130 Swagbucks and I have enough for that. However when i click on snag it, i get some message saying that the item cannot be redeemed at this time... Help anyone? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1598 posts
57 upvotes
Hm, I got an e-mail/text message for 'expired' but not for Pamplona. That's annoying.
Mar 2, 2009
210 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
lindorz wrote: I'm sorry if this sounds like a "stupid question" but why would swagbucks not allow you to "snag it" even though you have the proper number of swagbucks?
For example, I would like to get the $10 Starbucks Gift Card which costs 130 Swagbucks and I have enough for that. However when i click on snag it, i get some message saying that the item cannot be redeemed at this time... Help anyone? Thanks.
Did you get all your Swagbucks from Swagbucks.com? Or did you maybe get some from one of their "sister" sites like http://ozzsearch.swagbucks.com/?

I had the same thing happen to me and when I go to my account it says:

[IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3807 ... 071923.jpg[/IMG]

In otherwords I have to use the 1 swagbuck from the Ozzy win on the Ozzy site.
Oct 10, 2006
851 posts
57 upvotes
Anyone notice lately that it is becoming harder and harder to get SB for searching? I normally got 2 a day for this, now I can't get any, lucky if I get one.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
Justine wrote: Anyone notice lately that it is becoming harder and harder to get SB for searching? I normally got 2 a day for this, now I can't get any, lucky if I get one.
I have definitely noticed this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)