Freebies

[Starbucks] Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2018 2:59 pm
Jun 23, 2009
133 posts
3 upvotes
[QUOTE] wow I've been getting 8SB searches lately.. b4 it never reach below 10. [/QUOTE]

i guess thats only for this week because they have upped the chances to win .. daily polls is nice for quick buck everyday.
www.teamxlink.co.uk .. free console online gaming! jailbroken PS3's and 360 free online!

For sale:
- nikon D60 battery, new in package $30
Sep 7, 2004
84 posts
4 upvotes
Quote "i guess thats only for this week because they have upped the chances to win"

Don't kid yourself. Those 5 buck searches are here to stay. Except you will only get 1 or 2 per day after this week.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3605 posts
1025 upvotes
Ontario
monkeybag$ wrote:
May 6th, 2010 5:01 pm
Quote "i guess thats only for this week because they have upped the chances to win"

Don't kid yourself. Those 5 buck searches are here to stay. Except you will only get 1 or 2 per day after this week.
yeah, i'm going to cash out the last couple giftcards and then i will probably leave. not worth the effort with 5sb searches. :mad:
Jun 3, 2009
693 posts
55 upvotes
deadice wrote:
May 6th, 2010 5:11 pm
yeah, i'm going to cash out the last couple giftcards and then i will probably leave. not worth the effort with 5sb searches. :mad:
ummm actually i noticed they did indeed upped the chances to win so you're getting more if you search more. I won 3 times in 2 hours! And then another 1-2hrs later. 1st = 22, 2nd = 10, 3rd = 8, 4th = 10, total of 50 swagbucks! :D
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7083 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
donatepresent wrote:
May 6th, 2010 9:25 pm
ummm actually i noticed they did indeed upped the chances to win so you're getting more if you search more
Correct, but this is just till the end of the week. I expect that frequency of wins and those 20+ wins will go away after that, but 5-10SB wins will stay.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7532 posts
1139 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
donatepresent wrote:
May 6th, 2010 9:25 pm
ummm actually i noticed they did indeed upped the chances to win so you're getting more if you search more. I won 3 times in 2 hours! And then another 1-2hrs later. 1st = 22, 2nd = 10, 3rd = 8, 4th = 10, total of 50 swagbucks! :D
I think there is something wrong with me, I can search all day long and only ever get 10sb one time if I am lucky. Some days I never get anything.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3605 posts
1025 upvotes
Ontario
xalex0 wrote:
May 6th, 2010 9:54 pm
Correct, but this is just till the end of the week. I expect that frequency of wins and those 20+ wins will go away after that, but 5-10SB wins will stay.
from the blog: In fact, if you're lucky enough to win a Mega Bill (A Bill worth over 10 Swag Bucks) today, take a screen grab of that and upload it to Twitter with TwitPic or YFrog or any other service compatible with Twitter

so it looks like 10 sb are now considered mega swag bucks. i'm not going to be here much longer. :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5878 posts
1125 upvotes
Maple
deadice wrote:
May 7th, 2010 11:50 am
i'm not going to be here much longer. :mad:
Likewise with me, I wait until I have enough SB to cash out all.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7083 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
deadice wrote:
from the blog: In fact, if you're lucky enough to win a Mega Bill (A Bill worth over 10 Swag Bucks) today, take a screen grab of that and upload it to Twitter with TwitPic or YFrog or any other service compatible with Twitter

so it looks like 10 sb are now considered mega swag bucks. i'm not going to be here much longer. :mad:
This is so outrageous that it's funny. Before this week ALL wins were 10+, and now they are considered "mega".
SwagBucks must be thinking that they have created a cult, and that people will be happy by just being a part of it. And judging from the comments, they might be right > :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7532 posts
1139 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
xalex0 wrote:
May 7th, 2010 12:53 pm
This is so outrageous that it's funny. Before this week ALL wins were 10+, and now they are considered "mega".
SwagBucks must be thinking that they have created a cult, and that people will be happy by just being a part of it. And judging from the comments, they might be right > :(
It wasn't going to continue forever. Like everything, they promote and get everyone interested by giving great deals, then slowly they lower the amounts and hope that most will stay.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2355 posts
298 upvotes
deadice wrote:

I did win one for 49 today. Largest ever. Hard to complain tho, I just tap the bookmarked button a couple times a day and a the end of the month I get $10+ in Amazon Gift Code.

I've followed even worst promos before, the points and prize one. Those are def the worse amount of value compared to time spent.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7228 posts
755 upvotes
GTA
That's too bad about the bills. It was nice while it lasted. I haven't done any searches since they reactivated my account after it was suddenly banned (for something I didn't do).

I emailed them this week to ask why their system would tell them I skipped more than 30 captchas when I entered every one I saw. They emailed back and told me they can't tell me why it would happen but suggest I use another browser and recommended Firefox or IE. Since I use FF at home and IE at work and saw captchas in both browsers (and entered them) I've just decided not to bother with any searches from now on. Don't know why they recorded captchas as skipped and it would likely happen again - being banned right at redemption time.

The way they make money is the searches we do, so for me I've just discontinued the searching. Before the ban, I was having the Swag codes sent to my phone and entering almost every one and trying to get SB through search twice a day. Then being banned for several weeks with no response from SB kind of got me away from it and the interest wore off.

I do think it was great and no one can complain about getting free stuff, but usually at some point, these programs are changed for the worse and this may be the change that does that for Swagbucks. I do hope most of you continue to do well with the searches.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5878 posts
1125 upvotes
Maple
Time to move on to different search Sillysimms. I am not far from that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7228 posts
755 upvotes
GTA
teoconca wrote:
May 7th, 2010 3:51 pm
Time to move on to different search Sillysimms. I am not far from that.
Agreed for me. I would be one thing if I knew I'd get the prizes, but if they ban you it tends to happen on redemption day so they've already made their money off your searches, but you don't get the prize. But, like I said I thought it was great while it lasted and hope that those that stay with it continue to do well. Just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean it will happen to anyone else.
Jun 1, 2004
369 posts
4 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
May 7th, 2010 3:54 pm
Agreed for me. I would be one thing if I knew I'd get the prizes, but if they ban you it tends to happen on redemption day so they've already made their money off your searches, but you don't get the prize. But, like I said I thought it was great while it lasted and hope that those that stay with it continue to do well. Just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean it will happen to anyone else.
I got banned once as well for something stupid. I can't remember the specifics right now, but I did have quite a bit of bucks saved up. It pissed me off that they won't even let you redeem what you have already earned. Either way, I now only collect Amazon gift cards and I redeem them asap. Just like swagbucks doesn't trust its users, I don't trust them. But I will continue to use them and continue to get my amazon gift cards for minimum effort.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

xxCanuck, hgfdwxh