[Starbucks] Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 12:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7216 posts
747 upvotes
GTA
Just in case you haven't noticed - if you want to take part in the monthly bonus this month you have to get yourself assigned to one of the 2 teams (you are automatically assigned to one of the teams when you click on the daily challenge area).

The amount of the 'extra' bonus you get will depend on which team you are on. You'll get the maximum bonus if you max out 20 days and the minimum bonus if you max out 5 - 19 days.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2736 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver
sillysimms wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 9:27 am
Just in case you haven't noticed - if you want to take part in the monthly bonus this month you have to get yourself assigned to one of the 2 teams (you are automatically assigned to one of the teams when you click on the daily challenge area).

The amount of the 'extra' bonus you get will depend on which team you are on. You'll get the maximum bonus if you max out 20 days and the minimum bonus if you max out 5 - 19 days.
Not quite accurate.

In order to get the full maximum bonus possible you need to meet the daily goal all 29 days to get your personal 150 SB bonus.

Then you also need to be on the winning team in order to get the additional team 150 bonus. If you are on the losing team, you only get 130 team bonus.

However, it is easier to get the smaller bonuses this month as there is no need to make a consecutive streak of daily goals. Only a cumulative total of either 5 - 19 days for a 40/30 bonus, or 20+ days for a 150/130 bonus.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7216 posts
747 upvotes
GTA
:arrowu:
Yep, you're right. I was talking only about the 'extra' team bonus, but you're absolutely right that if you want the entire bonus the goal will have to be met everyday.
Never say never
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2401 posts
530 upvotes
Guys I need help! My account was banned. I was not sure what the reason of ban so I emailed swagbucks. They replied saying I was operating more than 1 account, which is not possible as I'm the only one in the house that have an account. So I emailed them back, telling them it's not possible, and asking them to check what the extra accounts are. They seems extremely unhappy about my second emailed. They replied saying the same thing: I'm operating more than 1 account, and the decision is final. Any further email request will be ignored. I'm pissed about the ban without a proper explanation. So I created another account and started over again. This morning I noticed that they banned me again. :( Anyone knows how I can use swagbucks again?
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
braveblade wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 3:06 pm
Guys I need help! My account was banned. I was not sure what the reason of ban so I emailed swagbucks. They replied saying I was operating more than 1 account, which is not possible as I'm the only one in the house that have an account. So I emailed them back, telling them it's not possible, and asking them to check what the extra accounts are. They seems extremely unhappy about my second emailed. They replied saying the same thing: I'm operating more than 1 account, and the decision is final. Any further email request will be ignored. I'm pissed about the ban without a proper explanation. So I created another account and started over again. This morning I noticed that they banned me again. :( Anyone knows how I can use swagbucks again?
Hm, sounds like they're detecting you based on IP.

Do you share your internet with anyone else?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2401 posts
530 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 3:07 pm
Hm, sounds like they're detecting you based on IP.

Do you share your internet with anyone else?
I do share internet with my roommates, but I'm 100% sure they have no idea about swagbucks.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2401 posts
530 upvotes
Ok swagbucks replied saying they detected me using script to watch swagbucks tv. For people who use script to watch sbtv and not get banned, how many sb points are you getting daily? I'm getting 130 - 150 daily that may raise the flag.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5549 posts
945 upvotes
Maple
You are still using script? 6 months ago I would say that is normal but since SB implemented single SBTV (few weeks ago); script is not working anymore. You ask for trouble if you are still getting that much. If you are using script SB can ban you anytime. Well I got banned 4 times.
braveblade wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 7:25 pm
Ok swagbucks replied saying they detected me using script to watch swagbucks tv. For people who use script to watch sbtv and not get banned, how many sb points are you getting daily? I'm getting 130 - 150 daily that may raise the flag.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2401 posts
530 upvotes
teoconca wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 7:48 pm
You are still using script? 6 months ago I would say that is normal but since SB implemented single SBTV (few weeks ago); script is not working anymore. You ask for trouble if you are still getting that much. If you are using script SB can ban you anytime. Well I got banned 4 times.
The script I wrote can watch 500 DIFFERENT sbtv so the single SBTV they recently implemented doesn't effect my script. I will try to earn 50 sb daily instead of 150 to see if they still ban me or not. Wish me luck!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2736 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver
_lots_ of video cards just appeared on the homepage! Watch them while you can! :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5549 posts
945 upvotes
Maple
braveblade wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 7:53 pm
The script I wrote can watch 500 DIFFERENT sbtv so the single SBTV they recently implemented doesn't effect my script. I will try to earn 50 sb daily instead of 150 to see if they still ban me or not. Wish me luck!
I would stay low for now since your IP is being WATCHED. Go low 50sb a day then increase it to 75 after your account doesn't get banned. Don't go over 100sb a day, I can't go over 100sb/day for more than 2 days for a week. All I do is searches, daily bonus, 50 videos for like 70sb/day.
Apr 1, 2009
20 posts
3 upvotes
braveblade wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 3:06 pm
Guys I need help! My account was banned. I was not sure what the reason of ban.
You're *****. Posing as "I'm not sure why" when you were using a script the whole time. Just ruining it for the rest of us.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2401 posts
530 upvotes
teoconca wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 8:04 pm
I would stay low for now since your IP is being WATCHED. Go low 50sb a day then increase it to 75 after your account doesn't get banned. Don't go over 100sb a day, I can't go over 100sb/day for more than 2 days for a week. All I do is searches, daily bonus, 50 videos for like 70sb/day.
Thank you!
Apr 7, 2006
316 posts
14 upvotes
I tried to redeem for PayPal gift card, seems it is only for paypal.com now, I only have paypal.ca account, it can't be verified even I put the correct email and names.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7216 posts
747 upvotes
GTA
reddeals wrote:
Oct 6th, 2012 10:04 am
I tried to redeem for PayPal gift card, seems it is only for paypal.com now, I only have paypal.ca account, it can't be verified even I put the correct email and names.
In addition to your name/email matching, you actually have to go through the verification process with paypal and have an officially 'verified' account. I had done this in the past in order to receive payment from opinionoutpost and am able to redeem from SB for paypal with no problem.

Here's the info from paypal:

https://www.paypal-apac.com/th/security ... ation.aspx

I used a bank account that doesn't have a balance in it and I used it just for paypal (just in case). They will deposit 2 small amounts of money in your account within a few days and you then have to confirm those amounts with paypal for your account to be verified.

And more info from swagbucks:

http://blog.swagbucks.com/tag/verify
Never say never