Swagbucks

Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 4:01 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2006
16861 posts
1297 upvotes
pigqq wrote: Is there any sign up bonus right now? Want to sign up. Thank you!
If I refer you and manage to earn 300SB, then we each will get a 300SB bonus.
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1860 posts
511 upvotes
Well I tried to redeem a Amazon.com GC on the Amazon.ca site and that unfortunately was a no go. Would have been nice if it worked. The .com GC is only redeemable on the .com site.

Just an FYI.

The one thing I didn't try (I thought of this after i already redeem the card) was to try and change country settings on the .CA site prior to redeeming on .CA. I doubt that it would have made a difference but maybe someone else would want to try.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11338 posts
5527 upvotes
Vaughan
Not true. I have .com and .ca accounts on Amazon. I redeemed .ca while I have balance in .com account. .Uk .Com will have info like .ca but balances are not.
RyanD163 wrote: Please, do let us know. Are your .ca and .com accounts linked together? I never had to make a separate account on .com, just logged in with same info
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2009
1219 posts
884 upvotes
Has anyone found a way to get around the paypal change to get paypal US $$ instead of paypal Canadian? I used to use swagbucks as my source of US currency for random misc US purchases I end up doing. Can obviously still take Canadian paypal money and use it on the same websites, but then suffer from the conversion rate and it's a really poor return on swagbucks compared to gift cards now. Before, paying 2500 for $25 US was reasonable when you factor in the exchange gain. But now 2500 for $25 Canadian is a really poor deal since gift cards are 2200 for $25.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wow, Swagbucks is giving a whole FIVE swagbucks to sway people back. Five. -.-

Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
2447 posts
1615 upvotes
Ontario's West coast
pigqq wrote: Is there any sign up bonus right now? Want to sign up. Thank you!
Welcome to SB
Nov 9, 2013
862 posts
927 upvotes
Barrie
Anyone else having trouble getting on? Think the servers are down.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
I think Swagbucks site just went down...
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2173 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone have a look at their shop & earn purchases and tell me what day of the week they credit?

I have had six so far this month and every single one is crediting on a Tuesday. Swagbucks has previously stated that Tuesday is the best day in gaining points.

My cynical side is telling me that they doing this on purpose as it another way to stop people getting their daily goals, especially at the weekend.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
I bought something at Amazon.ca on Jan 13 and it says "Pending Credits in 2-4 days"...still not credited despite it being 8 days now.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Oct 27, 2005
550 posts
43 upvotes
Hamilton
cardle wrote: Can anyone have a look at their shop & earn purchases and tell me what day of the week they credit?

I have had six so far this month and every single one is crediting on a Tuesday. Swagbucks has previously stated that Tuesday is the best day in gaining points.

My cynical side is telling me that they doing this on purpose as it another way to stop people getting their daily goals, especially at the weekend.
Mine all vary depending on when the original purchase was made. I had one credit yesterday, have another one crediting today.
Apr 24, 2009
121 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
fyi, for those - like me - who sometimes redeem swagbucks for whole food gift cards

i was at the toronto yorkville location of whole foods this morning... there was a sign that no electronic/paper/phone gift card codes were being accepted (plastic gift cards only)... apparently there has been lots of fraud... i had $50 worth of swagbucks rewards, on a paper printout... i did talk to the store manager, was very polite (though firm), and convinced him to move my value to a plastic card - but i'm quite sure that won't be allowed again

i would normally send a note to swagbucks... but they have been so unresponsive lately, i'm not going to waste my time... just going to redeem for (only) cineplex and amazon going forward
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5135 upvotes
jumpfroggy wrote: fyi, for those - like me - who sometimes redeem swagbucks for whole food gift cards

i was at the toronto yorkville location of whole foods this morning... there was a sign that no electronic/paper/phone gift card codes were being accepted (plastic gift cards only)... apparently there has been lots of fraud... i had $50 worth of swagbucks rewards, on a paper printout... i did talk to the store manager, was very polite (though firm), and convinced him to move my value to a plastic card - but i'm quite sure that won't be allowed again

i would normally send a note to swagbucks... but they have been so unresponsive lately, i'm not going to waste my time... just going to redeem for (only) cineplex and amazon going forward
I don't think a store should not accept their own gift cards etc. If they feel there is a potential fraud issue, then it's something for their fraud department to investigate and remedy. I would personally put a complaint into head-office and say if this is head-office stance in not accepting electronic/paper/phone gift cards then they should not be selling them (otherwise, you're just buying a bunch of Krustyland Dollars...note, Krustyland does not accept Krustyland Dollars).
Apr 3, 2013
3 posts
Regina
I'm new to SB. I shaved 4 years off my age, and I usually give a different day for my birthday. I haven't done any surveys, but they say lying disqualifies. What are the chances SB will find out my real age?
Sep 12, 2012
954 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
ctblack wrote: I'm new to SB. I shaved 4 years off my age, and I usually give a different day for my birthday. I haven't done any surveys, but they say lying disqualifies. What are the chances SB will find out my real age?
As long as you keep the birthday consistent it shouldn't matter.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1860 posts
511 upvotes
Peanut labs - cruise info sign up - 43SB - Burner email used. No confirmation req'd.
Nov 9, 2013
862 posts
927 upvotes
Barrie
Gunz13 wrote: anyones goal higher this week?
Mine seem to be up and down. Higher more often than not. Best winning streak I could do was 7 days.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11338 posts
5527 upvotes
Vaughan
Yup, search wins are so low, 4SB, lol.
Gunz13 wrote: anyones goal higher this week?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2173 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
The site is down and they say to reset your router :confused:

Seems to be these 'fun and games' towards the end of the month so people don't reach their goals :mad:

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)