Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2842 posts
4408 upvotes
Vancouver
libingbong wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 5:27 pm
Hi guys pleased to meet you all.

I'm new and was wondering if it's safe from getting account deactivated if we use adblock for SBTV Mobile.
Canadians can't use SBTV Mobile, so I doubt many of us are in a position to answer. You're probably better contacting SB officially through their help, asking on a US forum or on the US SB FB.

Welcome to RFD, a Canadian Deals community. :)
Aug 5, 2011
98 posts
249 upvotes
frugal_fanboy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 3:05 am
Canadians can't use SBTV Mobile, so I doubt many of us are in a position to answer. You're probably better contacting SB officially through their help, asking on a US forum or on the US SB FB.

Ah, I thought the way he spaced it meant he posted it from his mobile and not that he was asking about SBTV Mobile. Yeah, I don't know about SBTV Mobile and ad blocker, but regular SBTV is fine to use Ad Blocker with.
Jun 8, 2011
518 posts
20 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
frugal_fanboy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 3:05 am

It's pretty easy to get around country restrictions with regard to apps, at least for Android phones it is. I believe the App you need is called "Market Enabler"
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2842 posts
4408 upvotes
Vancouver
jakedilla wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 2:45 am
It's pretty easy to get around country restrictions with regard to apps, at least for Android phones it is. I believe the App you need is called "Market Enabler"
Thanks for the suggestion, but installation is not the issue. I guess I should have been more specific: Canadians can't get credit for watching SBTVM.

Install, yes.
Watch, yes.
Credit, :cry:

I thought it was a GEO-IP restriction but even with a US IP that meter just never increments. I suspect that if you signed up as Canadian then you just don't have the option to earn SBTVM credit. Would be a nice easy 50 SB every day! :mad:

And don't even get me started on Jun Group videos...! :evil:
Jun 8, 2011
518 posts
20 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Well at least it serves as an option for people who want to watch SBTV and don't care about getting credit for it............... bahahahhaahaha
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5009 posts
730 upvotes
Maple
Got my 25sb (instantly) for completing Winter Madness collection.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2010
1148 posts
340 upvotes
teoconca wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 3:39 am
Got my 25sb (instantly) for completing Winter Madness collection.
Lucky you, I'm still missing 3 of them :(
T_T my monehhh
Jun 30, 2011
155 posts
21 upvotes
MONCTON
I did a redemption for $50 for PayPal on friday and the e-mail said the money will be deposited in 10-14 days. Has anybody ever gotten the stuff deposited before the time mentioned?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2010
5881 posts
2726 upvotes
Markham
102Geoff wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:10 pm
I did a redemption for $50 for PayPal on friday and the e-mail said the money will be deposited in 10-14 days. Has anybody ever gotten the stuff deposited before the time mentioned?
It's 10-14 working days. I received in 6 days once. :razz:
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1285 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
A ny other sites like swagbuck that offers amazon gc?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1285 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Ones I came across includes gifthulk, irazoo, cantbeatfree,prizezombie,clitsense,zoombucks,bings,mypoints
Any other good ones?
Feb 15, 2011
46 posts
47 upvotes
my recent experience with swagbucks:

ordered $25 paypal, one week later, the "order status" showed "under review". after three weeks, it still showed "under review". I sent them an email to ask the reason then got the follow reply:

"Your account has been flagged for SBTV and Search irregularities. To keep your account in good standing, please refrain from using any unauthorized viewing or searching methods.

Any pending prizes are now approved and your account is now clear to redeem prizes again, but your account will be monitored to make sure it is in compliance with our Terms of Service."

anyway, my account is clear now. maybe i am lucky? :lol:

BTW, I don't think I violate any rules. never use script.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5009 posts
730 upvotes
Maple
hgfdwxh wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 2:37 pm
my recent experience with swagbucks:

ordered $25 paypal, one week later, the "order status" showed "under review". after three weeks, it still showed "under review". I sent them an email to ask the reason then got the follow reply:

"Your account has been flagged for SBTV and Search irregularities. To keep your account in good standing, please refrain from using any unauthorized viewing or searching methods.

Any pending prizes are now approved and your account is now clear to redeem prizes again, but your account will be monitored to make sure it is in compliance with our Terms of Service."

anyway, my account is clear now. maybe i am lucky? :lol:

BTW, I don't think I violate any rules. never use script.
Consider yourself lucky. Congrats!

SB can cancel/de-activate any accounts with no clear/uncalled for explanation. They can say you have multiple accounts in one household, illegal use of search engines/bots, illegal use of bots for SBTV, etc. These circumstances may be true but anytime one redeem a big amount of SB for giftcard (in your case), the account would be under SB watch. As rule of thumb with SB, people don't accumulate sb, redeem as soon as possible. They also cash out the codes/certificates ASAP for fear of account deactivation anytime.
Sep 12, 2012
589 posts
449 upvotes
Completed my first Trusted Survey of the Month. Rewarded 500 SB!!! LOL
Jun 15, 2011
37988 posts
5468 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Gunz13 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 10:35 pm
Completed my first Trusted Survey of the Month. Rewarded 500 SB!!! LOL
Lucky you! I've been yearning for such an amount like that. Max I've gotten is 135SB and that's on a lucky day heh.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.