• Sep 29th, 2016 8:01 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1416 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
RiCHC3 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2009 9:10 pm
Eh, you're probably right in one sense, but I"m guessing most people (like myself) are just stacking the gift cards till either there's something good on sale or just for some large purchase (like a console).
Yea, that's exactly what I'm doing right now lol.
MechanicalMan64
Apr 29, 2006
491 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried trading their old cell phone for points?
Sep 30, 2001
25658 posts
4873 upvotes
carmelon wrote:
Mar 19th, 2009 9:14 pm
Where do we enter such codes?
goto your account. there's a field on the left hand side to enter codes.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Dec 20, 2007
597 posts
46 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Mar 19th, 2009 7:14 pm
chillax dude we're not talking about you.
I'm fine now but I was a bit uptight after recieving about 5 PM's telling me where to go
Nov 8, 2005
184 posts
445 upvotes
chris103610 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2009 8:27 pm
i mean, the giftcards are great, but they make you spend more on top of them don't they? ie. $5 amazon giftcard, you'll probably shell out another $15-20 to get what you want.
at least with the hockey cards you get just that. no strings attached.
GL
Yeah, that's what I thought but I'm also thinking of just getting a few amazon.ca gift cards and stacking them...hmmm...decisions, decisions, lol!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
6045 posts
225 upvotes
Can I use Amazon.COM GC's to purchase items from people besides Amazon ?
Apr 7, 2008
185 posts
9 upvotes
I hate the shipping for amazon.com but everything I want seems to be products you can only get in the US and therefore amazon.com. I wish they had some puma shirts, that would be awesome or maybe some more generic picks. I wish I could save up for the saxaphone, but that totally would take me way too long, I don't think I could last long enough even for the music stand.
May 13, 2007
464 posts
88 upvotes
Mississauga
kam77 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2009 7:43 pm
I was wondering if anyone has redeemed anything other than gift cards for their swag bucks?
I was thinking of going for some hockey cards but not sure if it's worth it...
I have redeemed 3 NBA card. I received them in 2 weeks
Nov 2, 2008
503 posts
208 upvotes
ride365 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2009 12:28 am
I'm fine now but I was a bit uptight after recieving about 5 PM's telling me where to go
Sorry about that. It's a new thread so nobody is really sure what should/should not be posted. I edited the rules to make things more explicit. The perfect scenario is that the code poster edits their post so that we don't get more notifications, but of course the code poster isn't going to be the one who finds out when a code expires, so another post about expiry is necessary.

Speaking of the rules, should we allow code hints in that thread? Just in case someone sees a new hint and can't figure out what the code is, I think it's a good idea to post the hint in the subscription thread to let everyone know there's a code out there. The discussion about the hint goes to this thread, and the code, once people have figured it out, will go back to the subscription thread. It's a bit troublesome but at least you get more help in code hunting. What do you think?
Sep 30, 2001
25658 posts
4873 upvotes
an0nymz wrote:
Mar 20th, 2009 9:55 am
Speaking of the rules, should we allow code hints in that thread?
May not be a bad idea. If more people work on a hint the faster we can get a solution.
Dec 9, 2006
540 posts
14 upvotes
Bell Rep wrote:
Mar 20th, 2009 3:17 am
Can I use Amazon.COM GC's to purchase items from people besides Amazon ?
If you mean Amazon.com Marketplace vendors, then yes you can. There is one exception- Eddie Bauer, and I think if there are others they will tell you at checkout, before you pay.
I just ordered a used CD from a Marketplace vendor and paid with Amazon.com gift cards.

You can also use amazon.com cards at endless.com, which is owned by amazon.com. They sell shoes and bags but they don't ship internationally yet.

However, amazon.ca does not let you use gift cards for the Marketplace vendors.

re: hints
I like the idea of posting hints in the NEW CODES thread too.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1598 posts
57 upvotes
an0nymz wrote:
Mar 20th, 2009 9:55 am
Sorry about that. It's a new thread so nobody is really sure what should/should not be posted. I edited the rules to make things more explicit. The perfect scenario is that the code poster edits their post so that we don't get more notifications, but of course the code poster isn't going to be the one who finds out when a code expires, so another post about expiry is necessary.

Speaking of the rules, should we allow code hints in that thread? Just in case someone sees a new hint and can't figure out what the code is, I think it's a good idea to post the hint in the subscription thread to let everyone know there's a code out there. The discussion about the hint goes to this thread, and the code, once people have figured it out, will go back to the subscription thread. It's a bit troublesome but at least you get more help in code hunting. What do you think?
Can we also specify the source? Whether it be the blog/twitter/facebook? I think it will allow those who want to check one of those regularly to know where best to look.
Mar 18, 2009
3 posts
TCA5WW code for five dollars off..anybody can take it free for taker...good for Swapvideogames.com
Sep 30, 2001
25658 posts
4873 upvotes
_RFDealt_ wrote:
Mar 20th, 2009 12:19 pm
Can we also specify the source? Whether it be the blog/twitter/facebook? I think it will allow those who want to check one of those regularly to know where best to look.
Hmm maybe something like:

[T] St.Patrick's Day hunt...
[FB] NEWCODE
[BL] Blah blah blah
Nov 2, 2008
503 posts
208 upvotes
NEW CODES thread updated.
If you have any suggestions, give me a shout :)
× < >