717 upvotes
SW Ontario
yep - I think I'm just doomed to one, MAYBE two wins a day
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1698 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
For a while now I only manage to get one search win, usually 4 or 5 but occasionally higher numbers.
Aug 8, 2015
685 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
minimalist wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 3:15 pm
Where do you input your birthday? I don't see it in the Settings.
When you signed up I think?
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10619 posts
3787 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Anyone else waiting for Amazon.ca gift cards? Redeemed for a $25 one 9 days ago and haven't received it yet. Just redeemed for another one. They have usually paid the same or following day for me.

Just got both of them :)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1135 posts
206 upvotes
Markham
bug wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 12:30 pm
Anyone else waiting for Amazon.ca gift cards? Redeemed for a $25 one 9 days ago and haven't received it yet. Just redeemed for another one. They have usually paid the same or following day for me.

Just got both of them :)
Most recent one for me took a bit longer than usual (3-4 days).

I've been cashing quick on these $25 cards. I expected this promo to end after July 1. Had I known it would run this long, I would have waited to get a higher $ card to save more SB.
Nov 3, 2016
33 posts
16 upvotes
HDawg wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:37 pm
I've been cashing quick on these $25 cards. I expected this promo to end after July 1. Had I known it would run this long, I would have waited to get a higher $ card to save more SB.
Thanks, I'm glad you mentioned this! I'd assumed the promo was over and was sitting on a bunch of points, redeemed them just now.

I noticed tonight that ToolbarTV is rewarding 3 points after 25 videos instead of 20 like it did before. Weird watching the meter increase by 4% at a time rather than 5%.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2106 posts
717 upvotes
SW Ontario
I uninstalled the swagbutton the FIRST time they pulled that crap - I remember when the max. was 150 SBs, and it was obtainable

they're getting worse, that's for sure!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4382 posts
732 upvotes
Markham
tvwatcher wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:41 pm
I uninstalled the swagbutton the FIRST time they pulled that crap - I remember when the max. was 150 SBs, and it was obtainable

they're getting worse, that's for sure!
Thought about it and just uninstalled mine as well.

Everyone else should do the same to let them know that this is crap.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10619 posts
3787 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
The Swagbutton is still need for certain Swago games though.
Nov 3, 2016
33 posts
16 upvotes
I enable the Swagbutton for Swago only, then leave it disabled it the rest of the time. I just find it annoying and kind of intrusive for some reason. I play ToolbarTV in a separate browser and poke at it from time to time because it gets 'stuck' a lot.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1135 posts
206 upvotes
Markham
Heads up for those who didn't know. Tomorrow is going to be a Swag Code Extravaganza with 40SB handed out through the day. Starts at 10AM ET.

From their Canadian Blog: http://blog.ca.swagbucks.com/2017/07/sw ... nza-2.html
Swag Scoops Swag Code Extravaganza
Posted on July 17, 2017 by swagbucks
July is National Ice Cream month. Join us as we celebration this delectable creation with a Swag Scoops Extravaganza!

The Extravaganza begins on Wednesday, July 19th at 7am PT/10AM ET until 5pm PT/8pm ET.
6 Swag Codes worth a total of 40 SB
The codes will be all over Swagbucks so be on the lookout!
Please note: The above times are for Canada only.

-Team Swagbucks
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2563 posts
2772 upvotes
I don't mind SB has this Code event every week, but absolutely shouldn't increase the goal because of this event. This is suppose to be optional participation, if they add to the goal, it is not optional anymore.

Also, whoever software team write the code for the "Watch", the entire team should be layoff. The "Watch" keeps using more browser memory as it continues to run. You cannot even do anything when you use "Watch" in that browser as time goes by. Even you close the "Watch", the memory will still being held in the background until you close the entire browser. Sometimes, I need to clear cookie to prevent the problem coming back. The "Watch" to me is like a computer virus keep eating memory. This problem has been existed since Day 1. If you use "Watch" in Chrome, you will feel better, but you definitely feel the issue when using it in Firefox.

Any video watch from SB do NOT worth my time anymore. I remember SB said the increase in watch from toolbar was only temporary. Now it is getting even worse.
HDawg wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 1:44 pm
Heads up for those who didn't know. Tomorrow is going to be a Swag Code Extravaganza with 40SB handed out through the day. Starts at 10AM ET.

From their Canadian Blog: http://blog.ca.swagbucks.com/2017/07/sw ... nza-2.html
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2106 posts
717 upvotes
SW Ontario
I'm very sorry to hear you're having a negative experience with the site and I'll pass your feedback along to the team in charge for review. Thanks for posting

OMG if I read that pathetic response on facebook one more time! Angry Face
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
2563 posts
2772 upvotes
I have no idea why SB continues to use flash which consider as old fashion of technology now. Everyone is using HTML5 which has more control. SB is wasting resources to implement those unimportant feature like those button claiming the rewards/SwagUps. The main problem is that SB has couples of different ads from the Watch page and they are all using flash which may cause "page frozen" or "slow loading" or "page crashing" at the worst case if the main page doesn't handle it properly. It is even worst if the memory is not released once the ad is done.
tvwatcher wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 3:43 pm
I'm very sorry to hear you're having a negative experience with the site and I'll pass your feedback along to the team in charge for review. Thanks for posting

OMG if I read that pathetic response on facebook one more time! Angry Face