Freebies

[Starbucks] Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2018 2:03 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4200 posts
4344 upvotes
If you run from the phone, then it is different story as the browser engine is totally different. I only see the problem running on the desktop right now using the same browser (even with different channel). If you see there is no credit, most likely it is the same timing issue. I only uses Google chrome to run video as the flash is eating too much memory once I run it for a while in other browser. Running 2 instances is better than 3 if lots of ads are available. I think the problem may depend on the system setting too like the OS. As long as you find a way works for you, stick with it.
couponmummy1 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 7:30 pm
That's why I run different channels. If the count is at 5 and there is an ad coming, I watch to see if it resets to 0. Then I check my account to see if it credits. If it doesn't credit, I switch channels. Once it runs well, it runs very well. They usually credit at around the same time, not 1 or 2 minutes apart. I just monitor throughout the day. Today I had an appointment and there was free wi-fi. I checked on my phone and 2 Smores.TV was running well. I forgot to run the third one. There were a few days where I had close to 100 SB. Today, I got 64 and reached my limit. EngageMe is useless. I might get one or two SB when I reach the Smores.TV limit.
Oct 1, 2011
449 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone redeemed SB for Paypal? You don't get a discount like amazon.ca. I assumed that redeeming SB for Paypal would be in US dollars. So when I went to order something from a US site, the money in my Paypal is in CDN dollars. Is this correct?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
6212 posts
1314 upvotes
Maple
I used to redeem SB for Paypal (2 years ago). It was in CDN fund, my Paypal account is Canadian.
Jan 11, 2011
42 posts
12 upvotes
Ontario
couponmummy1 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 7:30 pm
That's why I run different channels. If the count is at 5 and there is an ad coming, I watch to see if it resets to 0. Then I check my account to see if it credits. If it doesn't credit, I switch channels. Once it runs well, it runs very well. They usually credit at around the same time, not 1 or 2 minutes apart. I just monitor throughout the day. Today I had an appointment and there was free wi-fi. I checked on my phone and 2 Smores.TV was running well. I forgot to run the third one. There were a few days where I had close to 100 SB. Today, I got 64 and reached my limit. EngageMe is useless. I might get one or two SB when I reach the Smores.TV limit.
Careful screwing them by closing the video early. They will probably eventually catch on and ban your account. Happened to me a few years ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2164 posts
783 upvotes
SW Ontario
couponmummy1 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:57 pm
Has anyone redeemed SB for Paypal? You don't get a discount like amazon.ca. I assumed that redeeming SB for Paypal would be in US dollars. So when I went to order something from a US site, the money in my Paypal is in CDN dollars. Is this correct?
they used to pay out the $25 in U.S. currency, but I think too many people were posting on their facebook page how great of a deal it was - so Swagbucks realized how much money they'd save by paying us the $25 in Canadian currency instead.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2004
7533 posts
14688 upvotes
couponmummy1 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:57 pm
I know of this link: http://www.swagbucks.com/p/prize/28354/PayPal-25 which states you can redeem for $25 Paypal in US funds. Note: use at your own risk since I've never tried it myself. Who knows if SB will allow it or maybe SB will just payout in CDN dollars?
Oct 1, 2011
449 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
When I went to checkout, I get the message

PayPal rate: $1 CDN = $0.741533521 USD

Lesson learned. I will never redeem for PayPal again.
Oct 1, 2011
449 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
joe316 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:14 pm
Careful screwing them by closing the video early. They will probably eventually catch on and ban your account. Happened to me a few years ago.
But if it's not crediting, why can't I close it? You're saying that once I start a video, I'm stuck with it?
Aug 24, 2014
149 posts
124 upvotes
couponmummy1 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:58 pm
When I went to checkout, I get the message

PayPal rate: $1 CDN = $0.741533521 USD

Lesson learned. I will never redeem for PayPal again.
I agree, it's such a bad deal but unfortunately there's no other "cash" option available Neutral Face

Heck, I even redeemed $25 Amazon.COM gift card for 2200 points and sold it on reddit at $0.85USD ratio which got me $21.25 USD which got me around $25 CAD. But the hassle of dealing with reselling the card is not worth it.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4149 posts
1806 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Received a generic answer for both offers that didn't complete:
Hi Mike,

This is to update you on the status of your query. As this offer is high value, we have to confirm with the advertiser that you indeed signed up/participated. At this time we have gathered the necessary information that we needed from your account and will be escalating it to the Advertiser.

Please allow the next 30 business days for us to receive word from the Advertiser and for us to solve this issue on your behalf. However, please be advised that this is an estimate and it may take longer than 30 business days, depending on the advertiser's response time.

We thank you for your patience during this time and we would like to extend our deepest apologies for any inconvenience being caused at this time.

Sincerely,
AdGate Customer Support
30 business days, what a joke lol!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2004
7533 posts
14688 upvotes
A new team challenge starts Monday, June 18th 8am PT/ 11am ET and ends on Friday, June 22nd at 12pm PT/ 3pm ET.

You can join a team here: http://www.swagbucks.com/int-beach-bash

Rewards:
  • Members of the 1st place team will receive a 100 SB Swag Up
  • members of the 2nd place team will receive a 50 SB Swag Up
  • members of the 3rd place team will receive a 25 SB Swag Up
  • members of the 4th place team will receive a 10 SB Swag Up.

Your Swag Up will be made available on Friday, June 22nd by 2pm PT and will expire at 11:59pm PT on July 6th.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11057 posts
4152 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Anyone been getting anything other than 4 SB or 8 SB collectors bill search wins? I've only been able to get 2 search wins a day this week and have only found those two.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2004
7533 posts
14688 upvotes
bug wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 11:02 am
Anyone been getting anything other than 4 SB or 8 SB collectors bill search wins? I've only been able to get 2 search wins a day this week and have only found those two.
I was getting only 4 SB search wins until recently. I managed to get a 6 SB win on Wednesday and then a 8 SB win yesterday. Through a total fluke I managed to get an 18 SB win today. I seriously doubt I'll even get close to completing this Collector Bill set. SB made the odds of winning really low.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2164 posts
783 upvotes
SW Ontario
I have nGage in discovery mode but it's not auto advancing....c'mon!! Angry Face

eta: *cough* nothing to see here folks...turns out that chrome was blocking popups :rolleyes:

new laptop....forgot about the popup setting

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

supremekai