[Starbucks] Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2019 11:55 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
6383 posts
1427 upvotes
Maple
Definitely breaking the rule. Each computer has a unique id to identify. You can refer yourself but the accounts should run on different computers. I am running 2 accounts, each account on different PC. I don't get greedy and run to max on the accounts. Knock on wood, I have been running dual accounts for years.
Darkman wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:46 pm
Anyone knows / tried to maybe run Watch Videos (on Desktop) 2 sets at the same time ... on the same Desktop computer ...

Is it possible ... or breaks rules .. or?

Example ... to run a set of videos in one browser (say Firefox) ... and run a set of videos at the same time in another browser (say Opera or something similar)?

I am not even sure if computer will run them both like that ... might .... never tried though.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5437 posts
1492 upvotes
teoconca wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:58 pm
Definitely breaking the rule. Each computer has a unique id to identify. You can refer yourself but the accounts should run on different computers. I am running 2 accounts, each account on different PC. I don't get greedy and run to max on the accounts. Knock on wood, I have been running dual accounts for years.
Yes ... I hear you ...

But I was asking about somewhat different scenario ...

Not being in two separate accounts / not running two separate accounts (in two browsers etc) on the same computer ..

BUT ...being (logged in) into the same account ... in both browsers ... and try to run a set of video (watch) in one browser ... and a different set of video (watch) in another browser at the same time ... side by side basically :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
6383 posts
1427 upvotes
Maple
Darkman wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 2:03 pm
BUT ...being (logged in) into the same account ... in both browsers ... and try to run a set of video (watch) in one browser ... and a different set of video (watch) in another browser at the same time ... side by side basically :)
Yes, you can log into the same account on different browsers. Don't run the same (SBTV, smore.tv, videos) on different browsers. I used to run SBTV and smore.tv on Chrome and run videos on Firefox. I used to run them because they used to have auto run, not anymore. :(
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5437 posts
1492 upvotes
Hmm ... maybe I'll give it a try then some time ... just to test it, if nothing else ...

Run two different sets of videos from HERE for example: http://www.swagbucks.com/swagtv

.... in two different browsers at the same time ... side by side (on a split / multi-screen or something like that).

See what kind of lag will be there ... if any :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
6383 posts
1427 upvotes
Maple
Make sure to redeem the points and claim the credit before trying, just in case the account get bannned.
Darkman wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 2:26 pm
Hmm ... maybe I'll give it a try then some time ... just to test it, if nothing else ...

Run two different sets of videos from HERE for example: http://www.swagbucks.com/swagtv

.... in two different browsers at the same time ... side by side (on a split / multi-screen or something like that).

See what kind of lag will be there ... if any :)
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5437 posts
1492 upvotes
There was some kinda survey available ... few minutes ago ... for 29 SB.

So I decided to give it a try ...

First question was to enter first 3 symbols from my postal code ... So I did.

Then survey "thought" / hesitated for few seconds ... and redirected me back to Swagbucks site ... with a following message:

"Not every survey can be a winner. Although you didn't make it to the end, we've rewarded you 29 SB. Survey 33610868."

LOL ... usually when "not every survey can be a winner" ... they terminate you with 1 SB or NO SB .... so that was nice ... haha ... fully 29 SB was given here.

I need more surveys like that, lol ..

P.S.

I did "Search" thingy ... right after getting the above 29 SB ... and got 4 SB ...

So made pretty easy 33 SB in total. :)
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3669 posts
1058 upvotes
Ontario
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 6:46 am
Is this new (expiration date with the hour)?

Kind of but it doesn't work. I went to redeem my discounted $25 amazon.com today and still get my 50sb december team challenge bonus and it didn't apply. If you hover over the circle i it says it expires at 12am pst 1 jan 19 which is 1 jan 19 3am est. So it did not credit me and it likely wont credit yours either...
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4404 posts
2008 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
deadice wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 12:15 pm
Kind of but it doesn't work. I went to redeem my discounted $25 amazon.com today and still get my 50sb december team challenge bonus and it didn't apply. If you hover over the circle i it says it expires at 12am pst 1 jan 19 which is 1 jan 19 3am est. So it did not credit me and it likely wont credit yours either...
You are right so far, no credits.
Will have to make a ticket...
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11076 posts
4171 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Swag-ups work by whichever one is expiring first. Having the button there is redundant. New Years Collector's Bill today for 19 SB plus 5 SB bonus. Got mine after a handful of searches.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11076 posts
4171 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Check your swag-ups for January 2019 Shop Bonus.
"You’ve been selected to receive a 1000 SB Bonus when you make a qualifying purchase through Swagbucks Shop & Earn. You must earn at least 25 SB from your qualifying purchase and spend at least $25. Your bonus will credit to your account when you receive the SB from your qualifying purchase. Purchases must be made and credited to your account within 100 Days of receiving the SwagUp."
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4672 posts
4814 upvotes
Unless you want a big hassle, I suggest don't use SB for any Shop&Earn even though the rebate is 100X. They are no longer to honor the illegible purchase from Amazon.ca even though the category is indeed eligible. They blame Amazon doesn't offer them the rebate and so they cannot give you, so there are some hidden rules there. Apparently, SB makes mistakes about the Amazon.ca rebate, but transfer these mistakes to its members.

Besides, other rebates will be converted to US$, so eventually, you earn less. I and my friend already switch to GCR and ebates, will never look back to use SB again for the Shop&Earn even SB offers rebate 100X in the future because 100 times 0 is zero and you will end up getting nothing from the promotion.
bug wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 3:50 pm
Check your swag-ups for January 2019 Shop Bonus.
"You’ve been selected to receive a 1000 SB Bonus when you make a qualifying purchase through Swagbucks Shop & Earn. You must earn at least 25 SB from your qualifying purchase and spend at least $25. Your bonus will credit to your account when you receive the SB from your qualifying purchase. Purchases must be made and credited to your account within 100 Days of receiving the SwagUp."
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
6383 posts
1427 upvotes
Maple
Hmm, I am also sick of SB Shop&Earn, thinking to switch back to GCR (I had account years ago).
lcmt wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 7:05 pm
Unless you want a big hassle, I suggest don't use SB for any Shop&Earn even though the rebate is 100X. They are no longer to honor the illegible purchase from Amazon.ca even though the category is indeed eligible. They blame Amazon doesn't offer them the rebate and so they cannot give you, so there are some hidden rules there. Apparently, SB makes mistakes about the Amazon.ca rebate, but transfer these mistakes to its members.

Besides, other rebates will be converted to US$, so eventually, you earn less. I and my friend already switch to GCR and ebates, will never look back to use SB again for the Shop&Earn even SB offers rebate 100X in the future because 100 times 0 is zero and you will end up getting nothing from the promotion.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4672 posts
4814 upvotes
Yes, stick with GCR for most of my purchase now. Occasionally I will use ebates if there is good promotion and if I make a purchase from BestBuy Canada.
teoconca wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 7:58 pm
Hmm, I am also sick of SB Shop&Earn, thinking to switch back to GCR (I had account years ago).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

lecale