[Starbucks] Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2019 2:58 am
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11075 posts
4171 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Time to start complaining en masse on their social media pages. If they're going to blame Amazon then they better update their shop and earn categories because until they do they don't have a leg to stand on in my opinion.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5437 posts
1492 upvotes
http://www.swagbucks.com/swago

Shop Swago ..... - Join and Earn up to 150 SB Bonus ... 1st Shop Swago of 2019!

Swago

It's time for another round of Swago. The newest way to earn Bonus SB! For our new members here's how it works: Each tile of your Swago Board has an action item associated with it. Complete that action item and the square will change colors signifying that it's complete. Complete one of the Patterns on the right and submit your board for Bonus SB!

Remember: You can only submit your board once so make sure you're ready!

Check out our blog post for more information.

Your Swago Board is active from January 7 at 12AM PT through January 12 at 12AM PT.

Congratulations! You've just joined January's Swago.
Come back on January 7 at 12AM to start the game!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2143 posts
496 upvotes
Ontario
I have found that SB is almost criminal in not payout out any Shop&Earn SB in the last 6 months or so.

Despite many completed purchases at a variety of online sites nothing gets credited automatically by SB.

I have to send a ticket and then usually get the SB. A few a few ones pending that they are dragging their heels on.

It seems their corporate policy is to promise you Shop&Earn SB, then not give it automatically. They seem to count on the majority of people to forget about it then they pocket the $$$ commission.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery 4% CTC 5 c/L CTC/Husky free roadside 1% on bill pay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4672 posts
4813 upvotes
I don't believe they care even you post it on FB because this problem has happened since a few months ago. If they want to fix it, the problem shouldn't last for a few months. You can see other people post some other problems about the Shop&Earn, but SB doesn't even reply it. Don't waste your time, just go to use other rebate sites.
bug wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:09 pm
Time to start complaining en masse on their social media pages. If they're going to blame Amazon then they better update their shop and earn categories because until they do they don't have a leg to stand on in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4672 posts
4813 upvotes
SB considers those are courtesy credit for the ticket. That's why you won't get credit from some of the tickets. In fact, you won't get credit even you send more tickets in the future. If the T&C says I should get credit from purchasing the categories, I should get the credit, should not result in getting an illegible purchase. Apparently, it is SB's fault showing incorrect T&C for the Amazon's Shop&Earn. Anyways, it is going to be none of my business anymore since I will never use SB's Shop&Earn in the future.
minimalist wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 4:50 pm
I have found that SB is almost criminal in not payout out any Shop&Earn SB in the last 6 months or so.

Despite many completed purchases at a variety of online sites nothing gets credited automatically by SB.

I have to send a ticket and then usually get the SB. A few a few ones pending that they are dragging their heels on.

It seems their corporate policy is to promise you Shop&Earn SB, then not give it automatically. They seem to count on the majority of people to forget about it then they pocket the $$$ commission.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5437 posts
1492 upvotes
December Daily Goal bonus is in ...... Claim it!

Just claimed mine ....

Congratulations!

You have successfully claimed your bonus of 768 SB for your participation in the Daily Goal program for the month of December.

We've added this bonus to your SB Ledger.

Check back here in February to claim your bonus for your January activity.

http://www.swagbucks.com/daily-goal-bonus
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5437 posts
1492 upvotes
Just completed unique survey (via Peanuts Labs) ... for 29 SB ...

It wasn't too long ... maybe 10 min or so ...

About investments ... dealers fees etc ...

Was shown annual statement from dealer .. and his fees ...

And then was asked ... (i think 7 questions or so ... about the statement with fees that I just saw ... -- was told that I will be rewarded for each correct answer).

Then was asked few more questions ..

Then Survey was complete ... and i was told that I answered 5 of 7 questions correct ... and earned $1.00 (besides survey rewards)

Then on the final screen ... (before pressing Complete Survey button) ... I was given $1.00 code to be redeemed at Amazon.ca ... -- Went to Amazon.ca and successfully added $1 gift card code that they gave me ... to my Amazon gift card balance :)

So basically Survey was worth something like $1.29 to me, lol ( 100 + 29 ) ... each point is worth 1 cent to me ... as lately I tend to redeem 2500 points / SB for $25 PayPal :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2004
7747 posts
15757 upvotes
The Canadians get screwed again. On the latest SWAGO board, the Americans have the option to redeem a board for 100 SB with every square filled except the center one. The Canadian SWAGO has no such option. The most you can get for the Canadian board without filling the center square is by completing the perimeter for 30 SB.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11075 posts
4171 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Big surprise, they seem to like screwing over non US members at every opportunity.
Is smores.tv down for anyone else today? Trying to get the daily discover to finish my to-do-list but not finding anything to do.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5437 posts
1492 upvotes
What's this "Tasks" button at Swagbucks website?

Anyway to make some nice SB from it ... or it's not too good of SB maker? :)
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5437 posts
1492 upvotes
Jouvert wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 1:33 pm
The Canadians get screwed again. On the latest SWAGO board, the Americans have the option to redeem a board for 100 SB with every square filled except the center one. The Canadian SWAGO has no such option. The most you can get for the Canadian board without filling the center square is by completing the perimeter for 30 SB.
I cashed out at perimeter 30 SB ....

Wanted to make 2nd daily goal .. but leaving now ... and wasn't sure if can do it after getting back home late ...

So the 30 SB actually worth more to me than 30 SB ... lol :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5889 posts
1418 upvotes
Markham
Jouvert wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 1:33 pm
Maybe Cdns should create a one month boycott to let them know our dissatisfaction? I know I can boycott because I"ve been more or less not participating as there's way too much work for the $. Watch 14 videos for 1 SB. Apps stall because of ads, SWAGO stuff etc.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1277 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 9:54 am
Maybe Cdns should create a one month boycott to let them know our dissatisfaction? I know I can boycott because I"ve been more or less not participating as there's way too much work for the $. Watch 14 videos for 1 SB. Apps stall because of ads, SWAGO stuff etc.
Nice idea in theory but tough to implement. The only way is if you can somehow get US users to boycott, that is who Swagbucks really care about.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Davelikes2save, marmalade12