Page 1 of 1007

Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

Posted: Jan 18th, 2009 11:50 pm
by efstuck
I searched for Swagbucks but I did not see anything so sorry if this is a repost. I am quite surprised this hasn't been discussed at RFD.
This is my first thread start at RFD after many years of lurking and leeching! I think I have found something worthwhile to come out into the light.

Swagbucks is a site where you search which is powered by Google and AskJeeves. It rewards you by 'randomly' awarding you with Swag Bucks in denominations of $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, etc. You trade these in for prizes such as gift cards from Starbucks, [rfdlink=3]Amazon[/rfdlink], Subway, etc or save up for big items like an Xbox360 bundle or iPhone.

I have looked around and this does not look like a scam and it has been verified by many sites. You can google Swagbucks, scam or something to do your research but it looks legit.

I have been using swagbucks instead of google for about 3 days and I have 40 Swag Bucks. This is a sample of what you can purchase:

3 SB - Valley Sports Card e-Gift Card (?)
36 SB - classic VHS or Vintage Records
45 SB - [rfdlink=4]Amazon.com[/rfdlink] $5 gift card
50 SB - Starbucks $5 gift card
25 SB - various limited edition music prints
10 SB+ - various sports cards
3800 SB - iphone
4100 SB - Xbox360 premium bundle

I figure if i use this for one year getting ~ 10 SB a day I will have about 3500 SB's and will be close to getting a free iphone. It takes only days to get a free $5 starbucks card.

You can check out all the prizes here.

You start off with 2 free swag bucks and 1 more on your first search (that is what happened for me). While you search, you can get randomly win Swagbucks in denominations of $1, $2, $5, $10 or $20. Usually it's $1-2 but you get the occasional $5-20. Shipping and Handling to Canada is free.

You can Register here http://www.swagbucks.com

---------------------------------------------------

Tip to get more Swagbucks / incorporate it in your daily use of the internet easier.

Change your bookmarks to Swagbucks search results of your bookmarked site-

example:

A) you have a bookmark of Red Flag Deals with www.redflagdeals.com

instead

B) go to www.swagbucks.com, type in Red Flag Deals in the search box and out comes the search results. Bookmark the results page (http://www.swagbucks.com/?t=w&p=1&q=red+flag+deals).

This way your bookmark is only one click away from your desired site and this increases your chances of earning Swag Bucks without much of a hassle. I don't randomly search the web all the time, so this is a much better way to incorporate it into my daily internet usage and earn Swag Bucks while I am at it.

You can also install a toolbar search plug in (like the google ones) for internet explorer or firefox:
http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-plugins

You can not spam search with swagbucks, there seems to be some sort of time limit to how often you can win. Most of the time it's been more than 1 hour before I win again, but I have won once in a 20 min span. It's just best to incorporate it into your daily internet usage and forget about it.

---------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them but it's pretty straight forward.

You can sign up at www.swagbucks.com

You can also trade in old cell phones for swagbucks or earn $1 swagbuck from every dollar spent on certain online sites such as [rfdlink=19]iTunes[/rfdlink] or Footlocker.

Thanks!
Ken

Re: Swagbucks - free gift cards and other prizes

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 12:27 am
by Shiznacka
Referrals aren't allowed...

Just post the original link...

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 4:56 pm
by Either
I so love this site. The only problem is that I normally don't use search engines very often. But last week, or maybe the week before, I redeemed for banana buttons, and a t-shirt.
I just don't understand, if we are referring people to a site, why can't we get credit for that referral? Is it because technically we used redflagdeals to tell them, redflagdeals is the referrer not us?
Well hopefully efstuck you get a couple random referrals, because swagbucks is awesome.

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 5:39 pm
by efstuck
Thanks Either!
Even if you do not search much, try bookmarking the search results page. I'll try to make a clearer example to earn more Swag Bucks:

A) you have a bookmark of Red Flag Deals with www.redflagdeals.com

instead

B) go to www.swagbucks.com, type in Red Flag Deals in the search box and out comes the search results. Bookmark the results page (http://www.swagbucks.com/?t=w&p=1&q=red+flag+deals).

This way your bookmark is only one click away from your desired site and this increases your chances of earning Swag Bucks without much of a hassle.

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 6:21 pm
by sh0n
I too have recently started to use swagbucks.com for all my daily searches.

efstuck has provided some good tips as to how to earn the swagbucks quicker.

Can't wait until I get a new iphone or ibox bundle.

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 6:23 pm
by GamerRoy
good tips i have 149 swag bucks

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 6:27 pm
by Dash
I'll look into this when I get home.

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 7:34 pm
by MasterAvatar
Is there a way to incorporate this into the search bar in Firefox?

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 7:49 pm
by efstuck
There's a plugin to have a swagbucks toolbar on firefox or internet explorer.

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-plugins

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 7:54 pm
by DragonRider
Sounds like someone will be making another script to search 1000 items or more a day. :lol:

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 9:08 pm
by buddhababy
I see that Book Closeouts is one of their e stores where you can earn swag bucks and Book Closeouts has the Dollar for Dollar deal still on.

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 10:56 pm
by sportmiester
Thanks for the info

Posted: Jan 19th, 2009 11:01 pm
by ricemonkey
we need to start posting swag codes here. i keep seeing other places post them but im always too late. and since im on here most of the time itd make life a lot easier.

Posted: Jan 20th, 2009 12:13 am
by Kaylee
ricemonkey wrote: we need to start posting swag codes here. i keep seeing other places post them but im always too late. and since im on here most of the time itd make life a lot easier.
Just in case you didn't know....If you signup for the newsletter you'll get swag codes. They announced that a newsletter is coming tomorrow.

Posted: Jan 20th, 2009 2:04 am
by Firestorm
I don't use it much. Two of my referrals got me enough for a $5 Amazon.com gift card and I earned one on my own. So I got $10 to spend on Amazon.com now =D

Remember that the email they send the code in doesn't have the keyword "swagbucks" in it. I kept searching my inbox for that and couldn't find it >_> I used my spam email account with 8000 messages

Posted: Jan 20th, 2009 12:47 pm
by buddhababy
Firestorm wrote: I don't use it much. Two of my referrals got me enough for a $5 Amazon.com gift card and I earned one on my own. So I got $10 to spend on Amazon.com now =D
I thought Canadians couldn't order from Amazon.com - do these gift card codes work on Amazon.ca?

Jan 20 newsletter

Posted: Jan 20th, 2009 3:12 pm
by Kaylee
BeRewarded = 1 point
Limited Time
Firestorm wrote: Remember that the email they send the code in doesn't have the keyword "swagbucks" in it. I kept searching my inbox for that and couldn't find it >_> I used my spam email account with 8000 messages
Email Subject: Swagbucks Goes Social

Posted: Jan 20th, 2009 3:41 pm
by buddhababy
Kaylee wrote: BeRewarded = 1 point
Limited Time

Email Subject: Swagbucks Goes Social
Thanks for posting! I haven't received my newsletter yet. (I'm assuming this code came from the newsletter)

code

Posted: Jan 20th, 2009 3:48 pm
by elayjosh
where do you enter the code?

thanks

Posted: Jan 20th, 2009 5:12 pm
by cowboy_loves_me
Great site efstuck , thanks, already started earning....