Travel

[Merged] T.O. Airport Parking and Flying

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 2:55 pm
Jan 8, 2011
412 posts
82 upvotes
London
Looking for recent experiences with the Pearson value lot and link train. Anyone been recently? Are luggage carts still readily available in the lot and able to go on the train?

I like the idea of the train better than the bus/van shuttles, but travelling with an infant (and all his gear), 8 year old, and my borderline-disabled mother, I don't think we'd manage well without a cart.

I suppose I could always drop my mom and the kids off at the terminal with the luggage, but if I can avoid the driving hell that is the airport (I've only ever done it once and I didn't enjoy it very much), I'd be much happier!

We'll arrive at the airport late-afternoon and return on an early morning flight, if that makes a difference at all!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
1841 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi All,

I'll be flying domestic in the 1st week of June out of Toronto Pearson Airport. I would like to park my car at/near the airport for roughly 6 days, because taking public transport from where I live to Pearson is not feasible. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I was thinking of parking at the Value Park Garage, however it seems they have the same total price for 6 or 7 days (weekly special), which comes out to $103 + booking fee of $3?

Are there any other options ? How is Skypark or Park n Fly ? I would like to avoid waiting for a shuttle to retrieve my car.

Thanks in Advance!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4116 posts
640 upvotes
Abbottabad
That's pricey.

I would take the UPexpress.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
1841 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
iamskyhigh wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 12:56 pm
That's pricey.

I would take the UPexpress.
Just looked it up, none of the stations are close to where I live unfortunately. I live way up north past Aurora. And Weston station (closest to me, although still very far) doesn't seem to have long term parking.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7128 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
It's pricey because it's the value park garage, if you want access to link train (the internal train from t1/3 to the value parking the surfa lot should be a bit cheaper.

If you are ok with a shuttle www.skypark.ca tends to be the cheapest. They've been around for a long time.

A good tip if you're traveling with someone, go to the departures drop off area, and drop your luggage off at the curb and have your companion wait with it. That way you don't need to bother with luggage and may be able to get on a departing shuttle easier.

I assume you've priced out taxis and airport limos?
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
1841 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GangStarr wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 1:04 pm
It's pricey because it's the value park garage, if you want access to link train (the internal train from t1/3 to the value parking the surfa lot should be a bit cheaper.

If you are ok with a shuttle www.skypark.ca tends to be the cheapest. They've been around for a long time.

A good tip if you're traveling with someone, go to the departures drop off area, and drop your luggage off at the curb and have your companion wait with it. That way you don't need to bother with luggage and may be able to get on a departing shuttle easier.

I assume you've priced out taxis and airport limos?
Thanks. I didn't bother with taxis and limos, because last time I took one it was extremely expensive and I regretted it.

Skypark does seem to be the cheapest @ $57 (Valet and self park, both have the same price). Do you usually self park ? I figure since it's the same price, might as well go with the valet option and tip them $5. But will have to leave the keys with them, which I'm not really comfortable with.

Edit: was doing some research about Skypark, and came across the following thread. I don't want to risk it anymore.

http://www.airport-parking-cheap.com/pr ... king_id=39
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7128 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
carmageddon wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 1:10 pm
Thanks. I didn't bother with taxis and limos, because last time I took one it was extremely expensive and I regretted it.

Skypark does seem to be the cheapest @ $57 (Valet and self park, both have the same price). Do you usually self park ? I figure since it's the same price, might as well go with the valet option and tip them $5. But will have to leave the keys with them, which I'm not really comfortable with.
Havnt used them in a long time, basically before the link train. Now I pay the premium for garage in winter and surface in summer. However I just UP express based on where I live or get a ride.

The valet things a toss up, I'd personally self park when possible. Not having your car keys while gone does have its benefit too.

Good luck.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1129 posts
77 upvotes
value park is the way to go considering your location, imo.

the premium you pay for Value Park Garage over Park n Fly, etc., is worth the convenience. (Value Park Garage only a monorail ride away that you can count on, versus shuttle buses for the third party parking lots).

you don't need to pre-book Value Park Garage, based on my experience. unless something has changed in the past year?

one potentially cheaper solution could be uber?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
1841 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
manho wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 2:19 pm
value park is the way to go considering your location, imo.

the premium you pay for Value Park Garage over Park n Fly, etc., is worth the convenience. (Value Park Garage only a monorail ride away that you can count on, versus shuttle buses for the third party parking lots).

you don't need to pre-book Value Park Garage, based on my experience. unless something has changed in the past year?

one potentially cheaper solution could be uber?
Uber comes up to around $80 + tax one way, so roughly $160 for return trip. That's way more expensive.

I'm thinking between value park garage ($105) and park n fly eco ($57). Value park has some "early bird" special for booking early.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
412 upvotes
Concord, ON
carmageddon wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 1:01 pm
Just looked it up, none of the stations are close to where I live unfortunately. I live way up north past Aurora. And Weston station (closest to me, although still very far) doesn't seem to have long term parking.
you can take viva to Richmond hill centre and take transfer onto go bus to Pearson... every 30mins there's a bus in am and pm peak.. rhill to airport takes 20mins

Go bus is like 6.85 I think
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
1841 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GrandePike wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 5:55 pm
you can take viva to Richmond hill centre and take transfer onto go bus to Pearson... every 30mins there's a bus in am and pm peak.. rhill to airport takes 20mins

Go bus is like 6.85 I think
I have considered that option. But I will need to take the viva at 3am and someone will need to drop me off at the station. So doesn't really work. When I used to live in markham, I always used to take the Go bus that you mentioned. Cheap, convenient, and fast!
sam123 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 7:18 pm
Come one day earlier and spend the night. Park for the week free. Shuttle to and back.

I've also done it with parking for the week before the actual stay.

http://www.parksleephotels.com/Toronto- ... AqZf8P8HAQ
You sir, have peaked my interest. Very interesting deal ... not sure why a hotel would offer parking for 7 days if I'm only staying for a night (I guess for people living far away from the airport?), but it works! Thanks!

Edit: Aha, nice!
WHY CHOOSE US?
For less than the cost of airport parking alone enjoy one night at a nearby airport hotel with accommodation options and convenient parking packages. Avoid delays due to heavy traffic, bad weather or airport security measures by booking through ParkSleepHotels.com. Avoid the hassle of finding affordable parking near your airport or cruise port by purchasing a park stay fly package that is most times cheaper than airport parking alone.
Dec 12, 2007
762 posts
107 upvotes
I always use Skypark and have never had an issue. My car is cleared off and warm in the winter, cooled off in the summer. They even returned our coats to our car on a recent trip, since we were headed to a warmer destination.

As for Park N Fly, I used the valet service, paid twice as much, shuttles were slow and I still had to wait another 1/2 hour for my car.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
1841 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mocha'n'me wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 12:28 pm
I always use Skypark and have never had an issue. My car is cleared off and warm in the winter, cooled off in the summer. They even returned our coats to our car on a recent trip, since we were headed to a warmer destination.

As for Park N Fly, I used the valet service, paid twice as much, shuttles were slow and I still had to wait another 1/2 hour for my car.
hmm, getting mixed reviews about 3rd party parking locations. I might stick with Value Garage or Park, Stay, Fly package (most cheaper hotels are sold out :( )

With Park n Fly, I'm getting a cheap self park rate with corporate discount. I hope I don't have to leave the keys with them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)