Travel

[Merged] T.O. Airport Parking and Flying

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2024 4:31 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Any deals for parking at the lots owned by the airport ? I find it easier to take monorail over. Unless park and fly is tons cheaper ?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9869 posts
1912 upvotes
TO
I saw a van for park4less a new entrant but read reviews they overbook and you have to leave your key with them. Also selling on Groupon but noticed it's a gravel lot and tiny spaces.

Anyone got a new park.n.fly code?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3565 posts
3189 upvotes
Little Tim wrote: We have used Skypark twice now and they've been excellent. We use the valet service, and everything has been smooth. Quick pickup, clean shuttle, courteous and helpful driver and good price. Both times it was for longer trips (2 weeks+) and the pricing was very straightforward - no hunting for discount codes or coupons.
+1

I have used them three times and will likely again later this month. Great service and great deal.

I did reserve online once and they tried to charge me a different price on arrival. I showed them my print out from my online reservation and they corrected the price, no issue.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
lightsout56 wrote: +1

I have used them three times and will likely again later this month. Great service and great deal.

I did reserve online once and they tried to charge me a different price on arrival. I showed them my print out from my online reservation and they corrected the price, no issue.
+2
I have also used sky park about 10 times in last 2 years..never bad service or experience...they used to have a discount online code..I was paying $45 + tax last couple of times I used them(for a week parking)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3604 posts
5351 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cardguy wrote: +2
I have also used sky park about 10 times in last 2 years..never bad service or experience...they used to have a discount online code..I was paying $45 + tax last couple of times I used them(for a week parking)
Do you have to leave your keys with them?

I read several horrible reviews online on akypar last year, so I've been parking at the Pearson value park Garage. Sounds like Skypark got their act together.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9869 posts
1912 upvotes
TO
Looked up Skypark but their quoted rate for 3 days while we're in LAS turns out to be higher than Park-n-Fly

3 Day/s
Parking $35.85
HST (13%) $4.66
Total $40.51
Reserve Online
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9869 posts
1912 upvotes
TO
carmageddon wrote: Do you have to leave your keys with them?

I read several horrible reviews online on akypar last year, so I've been parking at the Pearson value park Garage. Sounds like Skypark got their act together.
Also its a gravel lot not paved when I read the reviews.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
carmageddon wrote: Do you have to leave your keys with them?

never left my keys..ever,,never had anything but good service
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Coupon code for Daily Park Garage at Pearson Toronto.

We’ve got a #DailyParkDeal for you!

Save 20% on any Daily Park Garage booking at Terminal 1 or 3 when you reserve online.

Reserve Your Spot
PROMO CODE: 5DAYSALE
Book online by October 22, 2017.
Park from October 27 to December 14, 2017.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
For Park N Fly, whats the difference between "Self Park" and "Economy" ? Seems to me you still park yourself... ?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3604 posts
5351 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aquariaguy wrote: For Park N Fly, whats the difference between "Self Park" and "Economy" ? Seems to me you still park yourself... ?
i think the lot distance from the airport. Economy is the furthest.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
carmageddon wrote: i think the lot distance from the airport. Economy is the furthest.
Do the shuttles go directly to each lot respectively? Or does Economy lot, pass by Self Park, and than to Valet? Thus taking a lot longer?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
aquariaguy wrote: Do the shuttles go directly to each lot respectively? Or does Economy lot, pass by Self Park, and than to Valet? Thus taking a lot longer?
In my experience every shuttle goes to Valet first regardless of what it says on the signage providing at least one rider requests it. That makes sense considering that Valet customers pay a premium and also because the Valet lot is closest to the airport.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 23, 2011
298 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
aquariaguy wrote: Do the shuttles go directly to each lot respectively? Or does Economy lot, pass by Self Park, and than to Valet? Thus taking a lot longer?
I believe they usually drive thru all lots and Economy is the last one. Cost difference is around $10-20 for a week of parking.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9869 posts
1912 upvotes
TO
vlad353 wrote: I believe they usually drive thru all lots and Economy is the last one. Cost difference is around $10-20 for a week of parking.
I can attest to this statement, also i saw frquent valent vans than economy/self.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18153 posts
14117 upvotes
Toronto
Skyway Park is usually the cheapest.

I have used them several times and prefer it to Park N Fly.

The shuttles come often.

I just booked for this Friday, 9 days for $77 taxes in.

Skypark was $95, Park N Fly was $93 for Economy.

The Daily Park promo is over but it was the most expensive of all even after the discount.
Last edited by Swerny on Oct 25th, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 23, 2011
298 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
I've tried many of those parking places in previous years, checking every web site and using the cheapest one every time. Sometimes you have a long wait for a shuttle bus, sometimes it's not the best location, but that was kinda okay considering savings...
Switched to ParkNFly couple of years ago after one trip, when I realized on arriving into one of those discounted places that the parking area is poorly lit, almost not protected and doesn't really have decent gates/fence. You don't always pay attention to details like this, but that time it was especially obvious.
My car was sitting lonely in the middle of nowhere, looked so vulnerable :( Never again I says :)
From now on I would do the internet search for the ParkNFly discount codes from travel agencies etc, and the total price is pretty close to the competitors, but with better shuttle and safety options.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2731 posts
3962 upvotes
I'll never understand trying to save $20 or $30 on parking when going on a multi-hundred or multi-thousand dollar vacation. Put it in a nice secure garage, walk into the terminal, enjoy your vacation. No buses, no schlepping luggage off and on carts and shelves, and coming back to a cold, snow-covered car in the winter.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
13inches wrote: I'll never understand trying to save $20 or $30 on parking when going on a multi-hundred or multi-thousand dollar vacation. Put it in a nice secure garage, walk into the terminal, enjoy your vacation. No buses, no schlepping luggage off and on carts and shelves, and coming back to a cold, snow-covered car in the winter.
It depends on the length of stay. PnF Valet charges ~$150 for up to a month if you use a coupon that's easily found on the web. The cheapest Toronto Pearson (so-called "Value") lot charges $95 per week. Do the math.

We normally travel for 3 to 4 weeks at a time so it's a no-brainer to use PnF Valet.

And even Toronto Pearson's (so-called "Value") lot requires "Free Terminal Link train ride to terminals" so you still have to schlepp luggage, is outside so you have to deal with weather, etc.

But yeah, if you're going for only a day or two, the covered lots right at the terminals may be worth the extra cost.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)