Travel

[Merged] T.O. Airport Parking and Flying

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2024 4:31 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2731 posts
3962 upvotes
bylo wrote: It depends on the length of stay. PnF Valet charges ~$150 for up to a month if you use a coupon that's easily found on the web. The cheapest Toronto Pearson (so-called "Value") lot charges $95 per week. Do the math.

We normally travel for 3 to 4 weeks at a time so it's a no-brainer to use PnF Valet.

And even Toronto Pearson's (so-called "Value") lot requires "Free Terminal Link train ride to terminals" so you still have to schlepp luggage, is outside so you have to deal with weather, etc.

But yeah, if you're going for only a day or two, the covered lots right at the terminals may be worth the extra cost.
That's Uber/taxi territory if you're parking for that long. Picked up at your front door, dropped off at the curb of the terminal. Car stays safe and sound at home.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11520 posts
5337 upvotes
Moving target
Where are you located? Take a look a the major rental companies websites, specify a location close to your home address, then select different drop off at YYZ. If you are in the GTA many don't charge extra for dropping off at the airport.

This way you are close to the terminal, and no need to worry about taxi/uber not coming on time. For the ride home there might be a premium to rent a car and drop it off locally but it may be worth it.

also you can get a cheaper uberX if you take the free intra terminal train to Viscount station. Never done it but I'm sure that secret is out and the UberX's are near by during major flight arrivals.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
13inches wrote: That's Uber/taxi territory if you're parking for that long. Picked up at your front door, dropped off at the curb of the terminal. Car stays safe and sound at home.
If you live in the center of the universe, then yes. If you live on the perimeter then not so much. A shared shuttle from Waterloo to YYZ costs $125 (including tax and tips) per person, each way. That's $600 round trip for a couple. Compare with $200 for a car, gas and PnF. Again, no contest.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18153 posts
14116 upvotes
Toronto
13inches wrote: I'll never understand trying to save $20 or $30 on parking when going on a multi-hundred or multi-thousand dollar vacation. Put it in a nice secure garage, walk into the terminal, enjoy your vacation. No buses, no schlepping luggage off and on carts and shelves, and coming back to a cold, snow-covered car in the winter.
last i checked, this was RFD, and in my case, the savings are a lot more than $20.

If you're a baller....take an airport limo both ways
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
Little Tim wrote: We have used Skypark twice now and they've been excellent. We use the valet service, and everything has been smooth. Quick pickup, clean shuttle, courteous and helpful driver and good price. Both times it was for longer trips (2 weeks+) and the pricing was very straightforward - no hunting for discount codes or coupons.
Skypark Coupon

http://skypark.ca/onlineCoupon.html
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1425 posts
1326 upvotes
Finally used Parkforu for this trip, and I can say I'm impressed - will be using them in the future.

For 11 days the total cost was about $78, about the same price as the ParkNFly Value Lot.

What I liked is that the person dropped you off to the airport in your car, and pick you up in your car when you arrive. Much better then getting onto the bus or better then walking to any of the Pearson Lots!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2011
1072 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry, but I didn't read through the entire thread to see if the outfit I use is mentioned. It's Skyway Park (not to be confused with Sky Park). They have a rate calculator on their website and it's under $50 for a week.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18153 posts
14116 upvotes
Toronto
46jimbo wrote: Sorry, but I didn't read through the entire thread to see if the outfit I use is mentioned. It's Skyway Park (not to be confused with Sky Park). They have a rate calculator on their website and it's under $50 for a week.
i mentioned it 10 posts ago, i'm sure others did earlier.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1323 posts
155 upvotes
Ajax
eugeneo wrote: Finally used Parkforu for this trip, and I can say I'm impressed - will be using them in the future.

For 11 days the total cost was about $78, about the same price as the ParkNFly Value Lot.

What I liked is that the person dropped you off to the airport in your car, and pick you up in your car when you arrive. Much better then getting onto the bus or better then walking to any of the Pearson Lots!

Love the concept albeit seems sketchy.

What about liability and all that jazz.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1003 posts
553 upvotes
GTA
Traian2003 wrote: Any new deals on Valet parking?
Just received a promo code from GTAA for 50% off T1 and T3 Valet parking. HLDAYVALET must be booked by December 31 but can travel anytime.
Aug 16, 2010
717 posts
725 upvotes
Sudbury
eugeneo wrote: Finally used Parkforu for this trip, and I can say I'm impressed - will be using them in the future.

Just used them last week. Will absolutely use them again. Beats waiting for the PNF shuttle. We met them at 5:20am for our flight out. Guy came out right away and off we went to airport.

On return our flight got delayed an hour. I emailed them but didn't get a response. We called when we landed and the guy was there in about 5 mins. This was at 11PM. Drove him back to office and were on our way.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3604 posts
5351 upvotes
Toronto, ON
In case anyone is interested in parking at Pearson,
3cd0a5e8-32fc-4360-8b24-24d31d187e3b.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4506 posts
3436 upvotes
Vaughan
Park and Fly is offering 40 % off currently. I am flying by the end of this month. Weekly rate is coming close to 80 $. Is it the convenient location from Airport? I will have only one suitcase with me and rest are all hand luggage carried by individual passenger.
Please share your latest experiences
Certified HVAC Pro. Committed to Customer, not brand. Past RFD Review
2024 AC, Furnace, Heat Pump and Water Heater Groupbuy
Dec 18, 2006
437 posts
428 upvotes
We parked at the parknfly self park lot last week and it worked out well.
We have small kids with us so we dropped them off at the airport first before going to the parking lot.

Shuttles came pretty frequently (I believe I saw 2 or 3 came by while i was looking for a parking spot) however there could be a long wait when you return to pickup your car.
Not sure if you are flying from YYZ but if you are, i suggest you wait for the return shuttle at the A Exit instead of E exit because the bus will be full by the time they get to the E exit.
newlyborn wrote: Park and Fly is offering 40 % off currently. I am flying by the end of this month. Weekly rate is coming close to 80 $. Is it the convenient location from Airport? I will have only one suitcase with me and rest are all hand luggage carried by individual passenger.
May 22, 2012
834 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
newlyborn wrote: Park and Fly is offering 40 % off currently. I am flying by the end of this month. Weekly rate is coming close to 80 $. Is it the convenient location from Airport? I will have only one suitcase with me and rest are all hand luggage carried by individual passenger.
Where do you see the 40% off?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
platinumtiger19 wrote: Where do you see the 40% off?
Flightcentre and Sunwing have coupons and discount codes that offer 50% or more discounts on regular PnF weekly/monthly rates. Google is your friend.

E.g. https://www.flightcentre.ca/pdf/parknfly.pdf?v=3 and https://assets.contentful.com/h82kzjd39 ... nto_EN.pdf

Never leave home without printing out these pages.
veni, vidi, Visa
May 22, 2012
834 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote: Flightcentre and Sunwing have coupons and discount codes that offer 50% or more discounts on regular PnF weekly/monthly rates. Google is your friend.

E.g. https://www.flightcentre.ca/pdf/parknfly.pdf?v=3 and https://assets.contentful.com/h82kzjd39 ... nto_EN.pdf

Never leave home without printing out these pages.
I've been googling Park and fly promo codes, clearly I haven't been doing a good enough Job. Best I was able to find was the 20% off for CAA members
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
BTW the reason I suggested Googling is that in my experience FC's and SW's coupon URLs keep changing. Adding their name to the search helps a lot, e.g. "sunwing park n fly discount code." The amounts of the discounts also varies as you saw with CAA. It's worth searching and comparing. Another site to check is AMs, https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsCo ... rod1884436
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)