Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus] Telus Retention Plan..

Dec 22, 2008
401 posts
42 upvotes
noexistence wrote:
Jan 6th, 2009 4:14 pm
I own a Telus Chocolate Flip (VX8600) and I for one don't like it.
I already have one, and LOVE it. I put it through the washing machine and still works great. But I decided to buy a replacement when I saw the price of them. But I don't really do anything of the things you mentioned, haha. I just phone, text and check my email on it. I have been using mine over a year as well. I have had a hard time actually getting it to connect to my Macs via bluetooth, but I dunno if that is a phone bug or a Mac bug... it used to work, haha.
Dec 5, 2006
25 posts
4 upvotes
xtreemboarder wrote:
Jan 6th, 2009 12:26 am
17.30 plan + 25 data (whatever its called)
200 mins + 100
evenings at 6
unlimited incoming
cid, vm3

data consists of: unlimited everything.

17.30+25+6.95+.75+tax=56.50

I'm thinking of dumping the data plan. seems like there's wifi just about everywhere. If I do that I will miss the unlimited texting that comes with it...
I was offered the same plan last week - however was given vm10 ( or 8?)
linorman wrote:
Jan 6th, 2009 12:47 am
just signed a new plan 10 months early and got this

student 50
250 minutes
loyalty messaging
voicemail 10
caller id
fave 10
unlimited data,email etc
$50+$6.95+$.75=$57.70

plus free HTC Touch Pro!!
girlfriend got the exact same deal with a new activation!! she came over from bell. including the same phone for free
i was offered the above $56.50 plan but they wouldnt give me the touch pro less than $299. did you have to beat them hard for it? my contract is up in a month so making the decision soon on what to do.
Jan 1, 2009
13 posts
Beaumont
Not too bad, been with them for 9 years now so I guess they wanted to keep my business!! Plus the fact that I was luring a bell customer over with me helped my cause. The Bell rep at the kiosk said it would be impossible to match the plan because of the unlimited data which was included and that there must be something wrong with my quote. However when the girlfriend phoned to talk to Bell they said they would have to call back in 10 minutes with a match to the Telus deal and that was on December 31. Needless to say we still have not heard from them.Reconfirmed with Telus the full details of the plan and then signed the deal on the 2nd of January
Dec 22, 2006
16 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I just got off the phone with Telus. My contract is finishing in 2 short months. I told them I was leaving them for Rogers. For the curve. The person I was talking to, she put me on hold for 15mins, came back with an offer.

I now have super talk 10. So the lady came back saying they can give me the Blackberry Curve for free. Would let me keep my Super talk 10. But they want me to get Smart Bundle 20. I am not sure what
Jan 30, 2007
148 posts
GTA
scookie wrote:
Jan 6th, 2009 10:21 am
finally renewed with Telus for 3 years; been with them since clearnet days; talked to 5 csr's and got the following:

Sweet Deal 25 Atlantic (250 min; 6pm Night&Wkd; CW; CC; VM3) @ $17.50
Bundle 15 (CD; VM10; 250 txt out; unl txt in; unl web) @ $free
+50 local minutes @ $free
LG Dare @ $free
swap fee waived

17.50+6.95+0.75+taxes = $28.48
Hello there,

About 3 months ago, I had switched to the Telus EPP plan also known as the 17.30 plan. I was told that I can renew this plan after my contract ended. I had a 2 year plan and had one more year to go. I was satisfied until I called Telus this week. A Telus representative said that after fall 2009, Telus cannot renew this $17.30 EPP Plan. They also tole me that everyone in my family who owns a Telus cellphone their EPP Plan will also expire in Fall 2009.

Can you please tell me what you've said to get that deal. I would like to get a new free phone for once.
Jul 21, 2006
492 posts
31 upvotes
Trying to get a deal, parents contract expired and they want to stay with Telus. Can we just go into a Telus Mobility dealer to get a deal or have to call in? Those Sweet deals seem to have expired December 31 according to the Desi BC and Ontario sites...

Is there still a 17.50 deal that is active? Looked like a good deal with 200 min/eve weekend/cid/vm etc...

I am with Rogers and have dealt with retention myself but for them but they coming to town and want to get a plan and new phone at a dealer if possible.

Any info appreciated.

Thx.
Feb 17, 2005
129 posts
26 upvotes
Verdun
If I signed a contract with Telus, how long do I have to cancel it without incurring cancellation fee? Is it within 30 days after I signed?
Aug 1, 2007
624 posts
34 upvotes
dpolites wrote:
Jan 8th, 2009 2:37 am
Trying to get a deal, parents contract expired and they want to stay with Telus. Can we just go into a Telus Mobility dealer to get a deal or have to call in? Those Sweet deals seem to have expired December 31 according to the Desi BC and Ontario sites...

Is there still a 17.50 deal that is active? Looked like a good deal with 200 min/eve weekend/cid/vm etc...

I am with Rogers and have dealt with retention myself but for them but they coming to town and want to get a plan and new phone at a dealer if possible.

Any info appreciated.

Thx.
You will have to call in to get a good deal. You can go to a dealer if they give you a phone with the deal but to get a nice plan need to call retention.
Aug 1, 2007
624 posts
34 upvotes
whatsup wrote:
Jan 8th, 2009 4:10 pm
If I signed a contract with Telus, how long do I have to cancel it without incurring cancellation fee? Is it within 30 days after I signed?
I don't think Telus has anything like that. Once you sign a contract I am pretty sure your stuck with them. Rogers is 30 days or 30 mins.
Feb 17, 2005
129 posts
26 upvotes
Verdun
Got Super Talk 15 for a 3-year contract

200 min, 6 PM to 8AM night & Weekend
Bundle 15 (CD, VM10, 250 text in/unlimited out, unlimit web)
+ 100 local min
75 min LD

$15+SAF+911+tax

Not as good as others Super Talk 10, but I guess it's not bad.
Jan 8, 2009
86 posts
2 upvotes
you have 14 days to cancel your contract with telus after signing, assuming you dont use the phone much ( i think its under 30 minutes ) ...
Aug 14, 2007
442 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
i wonder why this thread is rated 1 of 5 stars....
when 10 dollar plans is the lowest of all the other providers..

which makes me wonder..

if there is a cheaper plan.. is it worth goin the distance and renegotiating my plan to save $7.30...

my plan $17.30 epp plan..

400 day
6pm eve/wknds.
unlimited telus to telus
incoming calls
text

caller id, vm3, cc
$15 unlim data everything.

killer deal imo. but if i can get 10$ supertalk that be 2 mcdeals saved! haha..
Stupid is as Stupid does..
Jan 8, 2009
86 posts
2 upvotes
umlimited data on a 15$ plan?

is that the package for PCS phones though?

the standard unlimited data package for smartphones from telus is 45$
Aug 14, 2007
442 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
i negotiated my plan back in march 08.. was a couple mths after the 15$ unlim web/email/msger.. was suprised when they offered me 400min right away when i first called in.. originally i was gonna go for a work employee plan that would give me 250min per sec for 23$/mth.. worked the agent a bit more and then got the other free goodies in 3 different calls. but most were on first try.. just the unlim text and incoming was added on the 2nd and 3rd calls b4 resigning..

u gotta be nice to the retention agent instead of being rude and obnoxious demanding this that and this to get a deal out....

i had a 2nd line where the offer was duplicated minus the incoming but sold it off already.. =)
Stupid is as Stupid does..
Nov 22, 2008
105 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
tednolan wrote:
Jan 9th, 2009 7:09 pm
umlimited data on a 15$ plan?

is that the package for PCS phones though?

the standard unlimited data package for smartphones from telus is 45$
It is unlimited web browsing ONLY! No download, no emails. :twisted: