Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus] Telus Retention Plan..

Sep 5, 2008
445 posts
54 upvotes
Ontario
I've been pushing Telus for over a year now to offer a proper US roaming data option on Small Business plan. All other carriers offer their $/day charge while roaming to access Canadian minute/data bucket. Any option for small business better than the Roam Ready overpriced garbage?

I heard if you are on a North America Plan then Roam Ready works differently and instead of charging $30/500mb it just charges you $20/month triggering access to your Canadian data/minute buckets. Is this true?
Dec 9, 2006
194 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
RASHID007 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 10:15 pm
I've been pushing Telus for over a year now to offer a proper US roaming data option on Small Business plan. All other carriers offer their $/day charge while roaming to access Canadian minute/data bucket. Any option for small business better than the Roam Ready overpriced garbage?

I heard if you are on a North America Plan then Roam Ready works differently and instead of charging $30/500mb it just charges you $20/month triggering access to your Canadian data/minute buckets. Is this true?
The only workaround I've figured out right now is with the US Business Roam Ready v3 triggering a $20 charge for unlimited calling/text. I bought a 2GB plan from T-Mobile for an additional $20 a month and tether off a mobile hotspot device.
Nov 25, 2013
10 posts
Vancouver
I have been with Telus for 9 years.

Current Plan EPP $55
3GB
Unlimited Local Calling

My work has a corporate plan with Rogers for $80.75 for 5GB of data, unlimited national wide, and IPhone 7 128GB for $329.99.
Telus loyalty offered with $120 for 5GB of Data and unlimited national wide, and Iphone 7 128Gb for $329.99.

I ended up cancelling my service with Telus today.
Jan 18, 2007
156 posts
14 upvotes
Well after 6 years with Telus I'm jumping on the Zoomer deal for $36/month advertised in hot deals. Telus retention offer with all things being equal was for $50/month so there really wasn't much to think about.
Nov 26, 2012
718 posts
124 upvotes
DavidN wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 9:42 pm
I'd wait for boxing day. I'm sure they will have something better from a hardware purchase perspective. And if not, I think $280 is reasonable for a pixel xl 128gb. That's an over $1000 phone if purchased outright. And the monthly spend is not bad for a premium device on contract.
Did you end up getting the pixel xl with Telus? I'm with Telus biz and am thinking of switching to Rogers as they are currently offering $400 credit for each line ported. But the phone is at $649 I think.
Nov 26, 2012
718 posts
124 upvotes
Talked to Telus on twitter. Current plan is $135 for 2 lines 3 gb shared data. Contract is ending in 3 months, want a hardware upgrade sooner. This is what they offered:

$135 for 2 lines, 4gb shared data. No discount on hardwares. Loyalty dept didn't offer to waive the device balance of $90×2 but customer rep offered to do so.

I will be switching to Rogers.
Sep 17, 2012
28 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
Is calling in the only way to get to the retention/loyalty department? I tried using the chat feature, but I'm fairly certain that they just read off whatever's listed on the site.
Nov 26, 2012
718 posts
124 upvotes
Shirochan wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:01 pm
Talked to Telus on twitter. Current plan is $135 for 2 lines 3 gb shared data. Contract is ending in 3 months, want a hardware upgrade sooner. This is what they offered:

$135 for 2 lines, 4gb shared data. No discount on hardwares. Loyalty dept didn't offer to waive the device balance of $90×2 but customer rep offered to do so.

I will be switching to Rogers.
I ended up staying with Telus. I did all these through twitter.

Renewed plan:
$150 for 2 lines. 6 gb shared data. Unlimited national wide calling and of course all the caller display voicemail etc.

Device balance waived for both lines. (Still 3 months till contract renewal)

Both got the s7 edge for $0.

I was paying $135 for 3 gb and 300 mins local calling. So for $150 I get 6gb and unlimited national wide calling it's very good for me, and new phones and device balance waived. The bill credit offers by Rogers covers part of the price of the handset depending on what you are getting. Like for the s7 edge the bill credit is $150. And it will cover the cost of the handset with $100 remaining. But I'll need to use that $100 to cover my device balance. So at the end I stayed with Telus.

Excellent customer service! Love being able to tweet them and figured out the terms there. Once the terms are negotiated and confirmed, I just went to a Telus store to renew under the new terms. Very easy!
Nov 26, 2012
718 posts
124 upvotes
mb2236 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 2:13 pm
Is calling in the only way to get to the retention/loyalty department? I tried using the chat feature, but I'm fairly certain that they just read off whatever's listed on the site.
You can try to tweet them!
Jan 5, 2009
81 posts
27 upvotes
What account did you tweet at? The Telus support twitter just told me to call
Jan 5, 2009
81 posts
27 upvotes
I called in, have two lines through them. Paying $175 taxes in for 6gb shared data. One line has unlimited everything and the other has 300 local minutes. Plan is fine by me but I am looking for new phones.

I was offered the exact same plans but the price goes up to 165 plus tax. Plus $560 for S8+ and $400 for Iphone 7. Or jump the price to 190 plus tax for the same plan still just added vm to the one line that doesn't have it and price on phones goes to 320 and 200. They are waiving the remaining balances on the contracts (130 total).

Horrible deal. Hard to get new phones with these type of deals. And how can I jump up $40 a month and only get one line added vm? They were very nice but didn't offer me anything decent.
May 10, 2006
790 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
Are you guys callling retentions? Do they still have a retentions department? It sounds to me that they are offering the same deals to new customers.
Mobile: $40 - Telus Student 50 Plan MTM ($10 BYOD) - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
Cable/Internet: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)
Nov 26, 2012
718 posts
124 upvotes
Pavel6969 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 1:17 pm
What account did you tweet at? The Telus support twitter just told me to call
I tweeted them at the Telus business support account.
Nov 26, 2012
718 posts
124 upvotes
jigsatics wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 4:16 pm
Are you guys callling retentions? Do they still have a retentions department? It sounds to me that they are offering the same deals to new customers.
No I tweeted them instead.
Jan 5, 2009
81 posts
27 upvotes
Shirochan wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 12:58 am
I tweeted them at the Telus business support account.
So you had business lines and not personal lines?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel