Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus] Telus Retention Plan..

Sep 5, 2008
445 posts
54 upvotes
Ontario
I've been pushing Telus for over a year now to offer a proper US roaming data option on Small Business plan. All other carriers offer their $/day charge while roaming to access Canadian minute/data bucket. Any option for small business better than the Roam Ready overpriced garbage?

I heard if you are on a North America Plan then Roam Ready works differently and instead of charging $30/500mb it just charges you $20/month triggering access to your Canadian data/minute buckets. Is this true?
Dec 9, 2006
194 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
RASHID007 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 10:15 pm
I've been pushing Telus for over a year now to offer a proper US roaming data option on Small Business plan. All other carriers offer their $/day charge while roaming to access Canadian minute/data bucket. Any option for small business better than the Roam Ready overpriced garbage?

I heard if you are on a North America Plan then Roam Ready works differently and instead of charging $30/500mb it just charges you $20/month triggering access to your Canadian data/minute buckets. Is this true?
The only workaround I've figured out right now is with the US Business Roam Ready v3 triggering a $20 charge for unlimited calling/text. I bought a 2GB plan from T-Mobile for an additional $20 a month and tether off a mobile hotspot device.
Nov 25, 2013
10 posts
Vancouver
I have been with Telus for 9 years.

Current Plan EPP $55
3GB
Unlimited Local Calling

My work has a corporate plan with Rogers for $80.75 for 5GB of data, unlimited national wide, and IPhone 7 128GB for $329.99.
Telus loyalty offered with $120 for 5GB of Data and unlimited national wide, and Iphone 7 128Gb for $329.99.

I ended up cancelling my service with Telus today.
Jan 18, 2007
153 posts
14 upvotes
Well after 6 years with Telus I'm jumping on the Zoomer deal for $36/month advertised in hot deals. Telus retention offer with all things being equal was for $50/month so there really wasn't much to think about.
Nov 26, 2012
691 posts
117 upvotes
DavidN wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 9:42 pm
I'd wait for boxing day. I'm sure they will have something better from a hardware purchase perspective. And if not, I think $280 is reasonable for a pixel xl 128gb. That's an over $1000 phone if purchased outright. And the monthly spend is not bad for a premium device on contract.
Did you end up getting the pixel xl with Telus? I'm with Telus biz and am thinking of switching to Rogers as they are currently offering $400 credit for each line ported. But the phone is at $649 I think.
Nov 26, 2012
691 posts
117 upvotes
Talked to Telus on twitter. Current plan is $135 for 2 lines 3 gb shared data. Contract is ending in 3 months, want a hardware upgrade sooner. This is what they offered:

$135 for 2 lines, 4gb shared data. No discount on hardwares. Loyalty dept didn't offer to waive the device balance of $90×2 but customer rep offered to do so.

I will be switching to Rogers.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel