Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus] Telus Retention Plan..

Jun 11, 2017
71 posts
55 upvotes
Has anyone tried to call in to get an extra 2GB of data added to their $60/10GB plan?

Reports of folks with Rogers/Bell getting it added with no issues.
Oct 31, 2017
100 posts
96 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
I tried calling into Telus the lady I talked to said she can add it for $10 a month, I said no! Maybe if more people called in they will cave to pressure
Let's go Canucks
3rd yr season ticket holder
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11512 posts
3628 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lardiop1 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:47 pm
Has anyone tried to call in to get an extra 2GB of data added to their $60/10GB plan?

Reports of folks with Rogers/Bell getting it added with no issues.
It's 3GB bonus for Rogers.
Feb 3, 2013
3 posts
2 upvotes
Rather unfortunate experience today. Long time Telus customer (8+ years) who's corporate contract just ended. Called to negotiate one last time before porting out. Spent 1h15 waiting in the queue and when I got through, the rep was far from useful. Spent another 45 minutes with the rep, with multiple additional holds, only to be offered the standard corporate 30% or to consult the website and convert to consumer; I could then call back to inform them of my decision. It was though he couldn't be bothered to sell me anything.

I won't be wasting any more time on the phone. Like others have alluded to, the notion of losing customers doesn't seem to bother these guys at all.
Nov 4, 2015
231 posts
42 upvotes
T.O
Anyone manage to get a shareable on the 60/10gb? I just wanted to add an Apple Watch to my plan. Rep said returned his because he couldn’t either. Seems like bell is able to do this, going to check if Rogers can in a bit.
BST:
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2005
1097 posts
12 upvotes
York
junglebox wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 12:43 pm
Are you in Ontario?
I'm surprised Telus is still offering $60.00 10Gb (not shareable) plan plus 24 months of 1GB Bonus (free) and 200mins US Long Distance.
I called Telus and I was told $60.00 10Gb (not shareable) plan is not available. It was only holiday (2017) promo.
Is there anything close to this being offered by Telus retentions? I spoke to them recently and they couldn't improve my current plan of $70 for 4 gigs...
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11512 posts
3628 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm contemplating a switch from Rogers to Telus as my company is eligible for an EPP plan with Telus. Currently with Rogers I have the Talk n' Text 10GB non-shareable premium plan for $85/mo. (with 3GB bonus data for total of 13GB), plus $7 for visual voicemail add-on. I'm thinking of upgrading to the iPhone XS 256GB as my current device subsidy is at zero. My company also pays for my wireless plan as long as it's under $120 a month. So my thought at the moment is to upgrade to a higher plan (ultra with Rogers or platinum with Telus) so I can maximize the device subsidy for the iPhone XS.

With Telus on the EPP plan, I was offered:

Unlimited Nationwide Calling $70 (platinum)
8GB (6GB+2GB bonus) for $31.50
Visual Voicemail $5.00
Monthly total would be $106.50

The iPhone XS 256GB would cost $610 on the platinum plan, and there is also a $200 port-in credit which makes the phone $410+tax after subsidy and credits.

Are there any other promotions/credits that I may be eligible for with this move to Telus? Back in May when I was first inquiring, there was a promotion for free visual voicemail, but the EPP rep said it's no longer being offered. Is there a better plan out there for someone moving from Rogers to Telus?
Mar 31, 2010
66 posts
11 upvotes
Surrey
I'm on Telus epp with work. Plan is awesome so I've not upgraded for an year over my contract.
$48: Local calling , weekends and evenings, 400 LD minutes, 4.5 gb
I didn't want to pay the $750 for iPhone X or Note 9 so I phoned the Corp line hoping to get some retention deal,
No luck.
The plan is only renewable on the company designated dealer website

To renew over the Corp line, We apparently get 30% off the regular plans.
I am offered :
$67 : Canada wide, 7gb
iPhone X is $100, XS is $410, Note 9 is $200
I kinda want the 256 X but they're out, 256 XS is 610 :(
Didn't go into details for features
With black friday right around the corner... My phone's broken and It's driving me nuts. Is there a way to get the plan to go lower than $50/m? I honestly , don't go over 3gb per month... Port ins get $200 credit...
I've researched this thread and some from Rogers and Fido.
What would be the most effective way to approach them for credits?
Rep is phoning me back after long weekend when I make up my mind and look into things.
Ridiculous how win back offers are currently the best deals lol. You'd think keeping you is easier than bringing you back.

Thanks for any help or tips!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8125 posts
3861 upvotes
keveng15 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 2:41 pm
Quick question.

i've been on the Thunderbay $50/6gb plan for close to 5 years now..
but i'm in the GTA, if i call Telus and try to work out a better plan, is it possible that they can cancel my plan since i am now in the GTA and no longer in thunderbay?

Also, is there a better plan than what i currently have? i have 2 phones on the account. but 6gb per phone is no longer enough sometime..
Can't see them cancelling it on you. I have had the same plan for quite a while now, and have my London address on it. Spoke to them a number of times, and they never mentioned anything.

What I personally do - set up $25bw transfer into a special savings account that I have for a new phone. This way I don't have to worry when the time comes for a new phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2008 posts
186 upvotes
North Vancouver
Same here with Telus EPP plan $48 4.5GB, I phoned corp line looks like no retention offer for corp cus, don't know if it's true?

Corp rep send me a Email for HUG, but it just give option for 30% off regular plan to do HUG, don't offer any option to keep my existing $48 Plan to do HUG,

meanwhile looks like company designated dealer website can do HUG with the $48 plan, iphone XS MAX 256GB will be $1190
gameg2l wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 2:26 pm
I'm on Telus epp with work. Plan is awesome so I've not upgraded for an year over my contract.
$48: Local calling , weekends and evenings, 400 LD minutes, 4.5 gb
I didn't want to pay the $750 for iPhone X or Note 9 so I phoned the Corp line hoping to get some retention deal,
No luck.
The plan is only renewable on the company designated dealer website

To renew over the Corp line, We apparently get 30% off the regular plans.
I am offered :
$67 : Canada wide, 7gb
iPhone X is $100, XS is $410, Note 9 is $200
I kinda want the 256 X but they're out, 256 XS is 610 :(
Didn't go into details for features
With black friday right around the corner... My phone's broken and It's driving me nuts. Is there a way to get the plan to go lower than $50/m? I honestly , don't go over 3gb per month... Port ins get $200 credit...
I've researched this thread and some from Rogers and Fido.
What would be the most effective way to approach them for credits?
Rep is phoning me back after long weekend when I make up my mind and look into things.
Ridiculous how win back offers are currently the best deals lol. You'd think keeping you is easier than bringing you back.

Thanks for any help or tips!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2008 posts
186 upvotes
North Vancouver
my EPP account have a $90 10GB non-shareable Plan for existing cus HUG only, iphone XS MAX 256GB is $990 ($200 lower than regular premier plan HUG)
Mar 31, 2010
66 posts
11 upvotes
Surrey
Kinda sad it's like this. I phoned up Rogers and they told me it'd be worth it to wait till 19th for their black Friday deal. May be the same way for Telus. If they offer bonus data like last year could potentially jump to lower gb of the 30%off normal pricing plan to compensate. But I think after the rep didn't call me back, I'm going with Rogers.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2008 posts
186 upvotes
North Vancouver
In the end I think Rogers&Telus 30% off normal Plan maybe on same price, only benefit is $200 port in credit, but will be hit by one more credit check
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1574 posts
905 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Renewed on Telus I got $90 unlimited everything 7gbs,iPhone 8 plus $0, $200 bill credit plus the taxes, and $200 best buy gift card. I’m pleased, what you guys think ?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2005
1097 posts
12 upvotes
York
mrfrugal83 wrote: Renewed on Telus I got $90 unlimited everything 7gbs,iPhone 8 plus $0, $200 bill credit plus the taxes, and $200 best buy gift card. I’m pleased, what you guys think ?
How long is the contact for? Do you pay $90/month for 2 years? Or indefinitely?

If it's 90$ indefinitely, isn't it too expensive after month 24?