Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus] Telus Retention Plan..

Jan 21, 2017
22 posts
48 upvotes
drceo wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 5:59 pm
Consumer offer when I last talked to them (a month ago): $60.00
10Gb (not shareable) + 24 months of 1GB Bonus (free)
Unlimited Nationwide Long Distance
200mins US Long Distance
Call Display
Call Waiting
Advanced Voice Mail
Conference Calling
SMS Unlimited

They also offered an optional add-on of $10 for 3Gb of shareable data. Nice to have but didn't need that though.

Seems good until you see other threads about $40/8Gb on the flanker side.
Are you in Ontario?
I'm surprised Telus is still offering $60.00 10Gb (not shareable) plan plus 24 months of 1GB Bonus (free) and 200mins US Long Distance.
I called Telus and I was told $60.00 10Gb (not shareable) plan is not available. It was only holiday (2017) promo.
Jun 11, 2017
61 posts
54 upvotes
Has anyone tried to call in to get an extra 2GB of data added to their $60/10GB plan?

Reports of folks with Rogers/Bell getting it added with no issues.
Oct 31, 2017
63 posts
72 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
I tried calling into Telus the lady I talked to said she can add it for $10 a month, I said no! Maybe if more people called in they will cave to pressure
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11335 posts
3560 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lardiop1 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:47 pm
Has anyone tried to call in to get an extra 2GB of data added to their $60/10GB plan?

Reports of folks with Rogers/Bell getting it added with no issues.
It's 3GB bonus for Rogers.
Feb 3, 2013
3 posts
2 upvotes
Rather unfortunate experience today. Long time Telus customer (8+ years) who's corporate contract just ended. Called to negotiate one last time before porting out. Spent 1h15 waiting in the queue and when I got through, the rep was far from useful. Spent another 45 minutes with the rep, with multiple additional holds, only to be offered the standard corporate 30% or to consult the website and convert to consumer; I could then call back to inform them of my decision. It was though he couldn't be bothered to sell me anything.

I won't be wasting any more time on the phone. Like others have alluded to, the notion of losing customers doesn't seem to bother these guys at all.
Nov 4, 2015
216 posts
36 upvotes
T.O
Anyone manage to get a shareable on the 60/10gb? I just wanted to add an Apple Watch to my plan. Rep said returned his because he couldn’t either. Seems like bell is able to do this, going to check if Rogers can in a bit.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2005
1089 posts
12 upvotes
York
junglebox wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 12:43 pm
Are you in Ontario?
I'm surprised Telus is still offering $60.00 10Gb (not shareable) plan plus 24 months of 1GB Bonus (free) and 200mins US Long Distance.
I called Telus and I was told $60.00 10Gb (not shareable) plan is not available. It was only holiday (2017) promo.
Is there anything close to this being offered by Telus retentions? I spoke to them recently and they couldn't improve my current plan of $70 for 4 gigs...
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11335 posts
3560 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm contemplating a switch from Rogers to Telus as my company is eligible for an EPP plan with Telus. Currently with Rogers I have the Talk n' Text 10GB non-shareable premium plan for $85/mo. (with 3GB bonus data for total of 13GB), plus $7 for visual voicemail add-on. I'm thinking of upgrading to the iPhone XS 256GB as my current device subsidy is at zero. My company also pays for my wireless plan as long as it's under $120 a month. So my thought at the moment is to upgrade to a higher plan (ultra with Rogers or platinum with Telus) so I can maximize the device subsidy for the iPhone XS.

With Telus on the EPP plan, I was offered:

Unlimited Nationwide Calling $70 (platinum)
8GB (6GB+2GB bonus) for $31.50
Visual Voicemail $5.00
Monthly total would be $106.50

The iPhone XS 256GB would cost $610 on the platinum plan, and there is also a $200 port-in credit which makes the phone $410+tax after subsidy and credits.

Are there any other promotions/credits that I may be eligible for with this move to Telus? Back in May when I was first inquiring, there was a promotion for free visual voicemail, but the EPP rep said it's no longer being offered. Is there a better plan out there for someone moving from Rogers to Telus?