[Merged] US Shipping Address for Canadians

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 11:49 am
Tags:
None
Apr 11, 2006
160 posts
13 upvotes
Has anyone used Bluewater shipping in Port Huron, MI recently? I am looking for recent reviews and cannot find anything in the last few years on RFD so thought I would ask. TIA
Apr 11, 2006
160 posts
13 upvotes
Robbo wrote:
Aug 10th, 2016 8:58 am
Has anyone used Bluewater shipping in Port Huron, MI recently? I am looking for recent reviews and cannot find anything in the last few years on RFD so thought I would ask. TIA
Anyone??
Apr 17, 2015
7 posts
Toronto, ON
Cbi usa has been reliable for me. $5.95USD per package and will hold in definately. Also with two locations.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1731 posts
187 upvotes
lim075 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 1:04 pm
Cbi usa has been reliable for me. $5.95USD per package and will hold in definately. Also with two locations.
i haven't used it in 2 years does my address still stay the same?
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Dec 9, 2007
888 posts
339 upvotes
Robbo wrote:
Oct 12th, 2016 2:10 pm
Anyone??
I use CanAm Parcel service. It is fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1952 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
We use MyUSAddress.ca in Ogdensburg, NY. Cost is 5 USD or 6 CAD to receive and hold packages. They will hold the package up to 365 days and then they charge a $1 US per day extra. On your first package, you get a toll voucher. Every three packages thereafter, you get more toll vouchers. The location is very well organized and clean. They have pretty damn good hours too. They have a tracking website to show you that they received the package and to provide a confirmation number.
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jun 19, 2010
80 posts
9 upvotes
matradley wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 11:02 am
We use MyUSAddress.ca in Ogdensburg, NY. Cost is 5 USD or 6 CAD to receive and hold packages. They will hold the package up to 365 days and then they charge a $1 US per day extra. On your first package, you get a toll voucher. Every three packages thereafter, you get more toll vouchers. The location is very well organized and clean. They have pretty damn good hours too. They have a tracking website to show you that they received the package and to provide a confirmation number.
Do they have someone there who will sign for packages that require a signature on delivery?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1952 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
emmsmama wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 1:44 pm
Do they have someone there who will sign for packages that require a signature on delivery?
Absolutely. The warehouse is open 7 days a week and they receive packages that require signature. As soon as it is received, they affix your unit label on the package with an internal tracking code and send you an e-mail.
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jan 17, 2009
318 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Hey folks, I'm not sure how long it's been like this but recently, Amazon.com seems to have way more 'unavailable' items now if shipping to Canada. Forcing us to use .ca I guess where it's more expensive and most of the time, not even available on the .ca side.

I'm assuming there are taxes/duty fees at the border on purchased items picked up from CBI or any of the holding facilities?
If you tell the border guard that you were picking stuff up?
Apr 13, 2010
342 posts
121 upvotes
Loyalist, ON
hshot_rooke wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 9:25 am
I'm assuming there are taxes/duty fees at the border on purchased items picked up from CBI or any of the holding facilities?
It's up to the border guard if you get charged taxes/duty while coming back into Canada. Generally, they won't bother if it's under $100. If the value is over that, expect to pay, but you won't always.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1964 posts
1026 upvotes
hshot_rooke wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 9:25 am
Hey folks, I'm not sure how long it's been like this but recently, Amazon.com seems to have way more 'unavailable' items now if shipping to Canada. Forcing us to use .ca I guess where it's more expensive and most of the time, not even available on the .ca side.

cybersaga wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 12:40 pm
It's up to the border guard if you get charged taxes/duty while coming back into Canada. Generally, they won't bother if it's under $100. If the value is over that, expect to pay, but you won't always.
Agree with Cybersaga, when it comes to Border Gaurds 100% Honesty is the best policy... Otherwise you'll be in for a huge hassle ... Not only Customs Charges, Duty & Taxes, but also a FINE for breaking the law by making a FALSE Declaration. Plus you run the risk f having your item(s) confiscated, or worse your vehicle too (under the Smuggling Act). But the worse thing is your name will be put into their computer as being dishonest in your Declarations to Customs, Border & Immigration and you'll be harassed by either / both sides of the Border Crossing for years to come. Soooo not worth it, tell the truth pay up if you have to. We always tell the truth, and rarely are we sent onto Secondary to pay, most times we are just waved thru if you are truthful and not over the limit by too much (including alcohol).
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3321 posts
710 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone used their service? For example if I want to buy $100 shoes I am thinking their fee is around $10?

No brokerage fees. And good chance of getting hit with duty and taxes? Do most packages through them get with with duty and taxes? Or have some people here gotten lucky?
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9823 posts
1045 upvotes
What are you asking exactly?

Are you looking to mail your order to a US mailbox and pick it up ? and then bring it over when you go pick it up? If this is the case, I'd recommend americanmailbox.net, very nice dude. And never ever busy like CBI

or are you looking for a company that will forward your mail to you ? In this case, no company/body will risk their reputation for you to declare a false value
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18584 posts
3696 upvotes
Thornhill
There's already a large thread on this.
Nov 15, 2007
15 posts
If one reads their user agreement and all the typos and language I would not go near them.