Sep 2, 2014
84 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
davealana72 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 4:41 pm
here is the services info :

NYaddress.ca

they are owned and ran by parks furniture out of hamilton. they have a store in the states (niagara falls NY) and use a building they have either purchased or rent just for this service. you must sign up online first and they assign you a mailbox number, then you can start sending anything there. they do have a fee for really large items and they limit what large items they will accept. but i have never had an issue, the people there are super friendly and helpful and it's by far the best deal for what you pay for.
Will they accept letter mail from USPS? It seems a number of companies mentioned in this thread will accept packages but have specific exclusions on ordinary letter mail.

Here's my situation - I have a US issued credit card that had any correspondence sent to my mom's place in Florida and then I'd get it from her. She sold that place so that solution is no longer available. Almost nothing ever went there (statements are set to be online only) but occasionally they need to send me a new card or something like that. I need to change my address to something else in the US.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4311 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
davealana72 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2017 4:41 pm
unless you have been using one of these services for at least a month or two on a constant basis they won't do an "all in" deal.... the one i use now on main st in the falls (NY) is by far the best service to use. they charge $3 US per parcel and they will store it for up to a FULL YEAR without any extra fee. so if you picked up a package that has been sitting there for 6 months it's still the $3. NOBODY else does this.... the service i used to use on witmar rd bled me dry with all their fees. it was $5 a package, then if it sat for longer than 7 days it was an additional $2 per week... and in the case that the sender didn't put my proper name (misspelled it or left something out) they would charge me $10 instead of the normal $5... and then any overages if it sat longer than a weeks time. i do a lot of ebay and amazon purchases plus with family stuff i can't get there when they arrive so they tend to sit for a couple weeks if not 3... so it got to be expensive. and i asked them if they would do an all in deal if i had like at least 3-5 and change like $1.50 / $2.00 per parcel and they wouldn't do it. so i stopped using them... this new place will do it (i can pick up 2-3 parcels and they only change the $3 fee) and it an sit as long as i need and it doesn't cost extra. oh, and they are open 7 days a week from 11am till around 7pm even sundays ! not every other service has sundays and if they do it's not open as long.

here is the services info :

NYaddress.ca

they are owned and ran by parks furniture out of hamilton. they have a store in the states (niagara falls NY) and use a building they have either purchased or rent just for this service. you must sign up online first and they assign you a mailbox number, then you can start sending anything there. they do have a fee for really large items and they limit what large items they will accept. but i have never had an issue, the people there are super friendly and helpful and it's by far the best deal for what you pay for.
Nice! I'll sign up with these guys.

Was going to go with myusadress, but it's $29 + 6.95, plus duties. The thing that may really kill the deals I found is that they charge $5/order; I plan on ordering 11 items (separate checkouts upon purchase), so I'll have to pay $11.95 each order.
http://myusaddress.ca/wp-content/upload ... hic-v8.png
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4311 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
Alternatively, if you do plan on driving down to the US to pick up products you bought from Amazon.com, you can have it sent to one of their lockers in Buffalo. By doing this you wouldn't have to pay any pick up fee, but you do have to ensure you pick it up in 3 calendar days or else they send it back.

Thoughts?
Feb 3, 2010
106 posts
22 upvotes
Charlottetown
Anyone had any experience with Canon US or a workaround?

Have a US shipping address but unable to check out on Canon(dot)com

Wont let me pay by paypal (Only accepts US PP accounts) & Credit Card check out result in the following error

Error:We are unable to process your payment. Please use another method of payment or contact your card issuer.

Going to the States in a couple of weeks but can even see how being stateside could solve the issue either
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1921 posts
1019 upvotes
simplyton wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 9:14 am
Anyone had any experience with Canon US or a workaround?

Have a US shipping address but unable to check out on Canon(dot)com

Wont let me pay by paypal (Only accepts US PP accounts) & Credit Card check out result in the following error

Error:We are unable to process your payment. Please use another method of payment or contact your card issuer.

Going to the States in a couple of weeks but can even see how being stateside could solve the issue either
This topic is more about the Ins & Outs of having a US Mail / Shipping Address...

Your Question is more about dealing with Canon USA

You might want to post a stand alone topic, as I think more people would see it & reply

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

chicken_little