[Merged] US Shipping Address for Canadians

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2018 10:03 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 20, 2016
135 posts
19 upvotes
What would you recommend for large item to Niagara area? Weighs about 200 pounds and size of a fridge. Thank you.
Sep 28, 2017
165 posts
91 upvotes
NYaddress.ca (if it's the main st falls location) is the best around. they have better hours and it's across from a police station and the rates are the lowest i've found. plus unless it's a huge item you can have an indefinite pick up time at no extra cost. unless you have pissed them off then its what they want...

$3 per package i have not found anything less. everything is $5 and up. you get email notification of when your packages arrive as well.

also, cell phone are duty/taxes exempt (always refer to the cbsa site for info).
Apr 13, 2010
431 posts
172 upvotes
Loyalist, ON
peytonpeanut2017 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:50 pm
NYaddress.ca (if it's the main st falls location) is the best around.
peytonpeanut2017 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:50 pm
unless you have pissed them off then its what they want...
You contradicted yourself.
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Sep 28, 2017
165 posts
91 upvotes
what i mean't to say was it's the best you are going to find for a mail place. but i've seen some rude and entitled customers while there picking up my mail that think because they are paying $3 they should be getting theirs first or because they have a long drive back they butt in the arrival order and want theirs first....

the owner doesn't put up with that and will flat out tell them to leave or purposely make them wait longer. i've had customers come in and think i'm the employee and start barking commands at me to go get their stuff, or swear at me because i have 10-12 packages and they have 1 or 2. in most cases i will tell the employee to go get theirs first but when they make that sighing sound or start running their mouth i don't say a word and let them wait since i was there ahead of them.
Sep 28, 2017
165 posts
91 upvotes
i'm pretty sure, the entitled or rude people are using this location because they were asked to never come back at the other ones. you can just get a feel for some of them and how they present themselves when they walk in.

either they are complaining about how much further they had to drive compared to CBI or witmer rd, or there is no parking right in front of the door (it's street parking and not a parking lot). lol the best was this couple from markham who thought the employee was also going to bring and load their packages in their car. first they didn't sign up to even have a box number, then butted in line demanding their packages. once it was sorted out the lady stands there and says "how am i to get this to my car ?"

her old and weathered husband was obviously in no condition to do anything except stand there looking for his soul... both the website and the sign in the shop says to have people with you for large or numerous packages as staff can't leave or assist in loading, so she demanded her money returned for the lousy service. i eventually, after all the drama offered to help and the whole time she is telling me she will sue me for any damages to her car or the packages... like really ???

she got put on the decline packages/mail list.
Sep 28, 2017
165 posts
91 upvotes
picked up packages today and the number if idiots who came in today while i was there was crazy. NOBODY signed up on their site to get a box number so either their packages were declined or were in a pile of non-members that was at least 6ft high.

one old fart came in all grumpy because the sheriff's dept and homeland security were doing some hefty car searches on both sides so it delayed big time crossing both ways. but anywho he storms in and is like "where's the manager ?" and then said "i want my stuff get it !". i grabbed the popcorn and opened my stuff slowly to watch the shenanigans jump off. so dude didn't have a box number and was also subject to a $10 charge since he wasn't approved to use the address.

he complained that on the site it's $3 but had to be informed that's for approved clients and not for randoms using their address. so to get his package he would have to pay $10, so he ponied it up and then left without properly signing up so i'm sure they will be back like a Schwarzenegger.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1816 posts
371 upvotes
VIC
Is there a service in Danville, Washington?