Shopping Discussion

[Merged] US Shipping Address for Canadians

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 11:49 am
Tags:
None
Nov 16, 2006
34 posts
There is also a UPS store in Ogdensburg, which happens to be open on Saturday, IIRC they will hold for 1 week, and costs $5 per package.

You could also get a mailbox, but it isn't required. (But if you're doing a lot of mail order shopping, it could save you money)
Oct 13, 2007
329 posts
1 upvote
MikeyMadness wrote:
Nov 17th, 2007 2:00 am
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... hp?t=20166

Read through that thread and it'll give you some ideas. Post #10 might be what you're looking for.

It's not sketchy IMO, as long as you're not trying to import large quantities of heroin. You're not doing that, are you? ;)
thanks so much mikeymadness -- i've meant to seach for this in the forums but I couldn't think of the right key words.

And no, all my heroin is smuggled in the intestines of unreasonably attractive south american girls, and accompanied by multiple cliche plot points.. :)
Sep 28, 2007
83 posts
1 upvote
Honex Industries
InFeXiOn wrote:
Nov 16th, 2007 10:08 pm
Joe,

I shipped my packages to the Can-Am before calling them, because they weren't responding to my emails.

If I call Monday before they arrive, they'll keep them on-site until I arrive to pick them up, right?

Tried to catch them before they closed tonight, but to no avail.
ABSOLUTLY....they haven't turned corporate just yet...phone him up and tell him like it is
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2001
2702 posts
19 upvotes
Although I live about an hours drive from the border I have a USPS post office box but for companies shipping by courier I use a UPS store in a small town, they offer a receiving service main ly for canadians and charge a few bucks, they also accept from other couriers.

Check for one of these places and give them a call
Gigabyte MA990FXA-UD3/FX 8350/MSI R9 270X/16GB Corsair Vengeance/Win 10
Gigabyte 890GM-D2H/FX 8120/16GB Gskill/XFX 5770/Win 10
Heatware
Apr 30, 2007
878 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Rx-87 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2007 1:52 pm
... did it ever occur to you that his handle is misspelled because someone else may already be using that handle?
....OR (here's an :idea :) ....DID IT EVER occur to you that MAYBE juss MAYBE i know joe and I was just bustin his balls for a mistake he already admitted too AND that your $0.02... :arrow: :arrow: ... ain't REALLY needed??
joesph wrote:
Nov 16th, 2007 6:34 pm
this is exactly what happened...as you can see there are many Joseph's on RFD....must be a popular name
but if i'm not mistaken, i believe in one of the European countries they spell it Joesph
Yo Joe.....stop playing and juss man up to your mistake dawg...
tlamm wrote:
Nov 16th, 2007 7:36 pm
Still makes you an ass-hat for calling him a clown.
+1+1+1 :D
IceQue wrote:
Nov 16th, 2007 9:03 pm
Leave him alone, hes from Iqaluit.. LOL
Even if he was from Iqaluit (which he ain't) it still doesn't excuse the fact that he's an ass-hat. :lol:
Sep 28, 2007
83 posts
1 upvote
Honex Industries
desi_eng

please refrain from using Red Flag Deals (Copyright
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
3972 posts
66 upvotes
Is there one of these for Detroit/Windsor border?
Hopefully in a decent area of detroit..
May 29, 2008
1 posts
Ottawa
What about US shipping and pick-up address closest to Ottawa?
thanks! :)
Jun 2, 2008
21 posts
Michigan
I presume you want to do this to get US prices without the hassle of driving across the border.

Thrift-seekers beware: most companies will not accept orders placed on a foreign credit card or a foreign IP address. Even if you clear it with your cc, these are automatic fraud flags in any major company and your order will usually be canceled :|
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
3578 posts
498 upvotes
Richmond
watchdogcatcher wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2008 12:26 am
I presume you want to do this to get US prices without the hassle of driving across the border.

Thrift-seekers beware: most companies will not accept orders placed on a foreign credit card or a foreign IP address. Even if you clear it with your cc, these are automatic fraud flags in any major company and your order will usually be canceled :|
Keep AT&T Wireless off that list - my iPhone (and lots of other RFD'ers iPhones) works great here in The Great White North!
Sep 15, 2009
2 posts
Manchester
US Unlocked is an excellent service that recently started shipping to Canada as well. Every time you want to buy something in the US, register your shipment with them and you receive a unique US shipping address for your order. They receive it for you and consolidate your shipments (in case you have bought from more websites). They then send it to you at really good rates. You get it 2 or 3 days later.
If you do not have a US billing address, you can use their personal shopping service or (and I have not seen this anywhere else) their debit card with your own US billing address.
The US Unlocked account is free, no set-up fees. I have been using them myself and am very pleased.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1264 posts
136 upvotes
laura68 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2009 10:59 pm
The US Unlocked account is free, no set-up fees. I have been using them myself and am very pleased.
Hmm. Thread resurrection, newbie poster, 2 posts, both about US Unlocked.

Not that I don't trust you, laura68, but can anyone else vouch for this service?
Jul 20, 2005
320 posts
GreyingJay wrote:
Sep 17th, 2009 10:15 am
Hmm. Thread resurrection, newbie poster, 2 posts, both about US Unlocked.

Not that I don't trust you, laura68, but can anyone else vouch for this service?
ESTIMATED COST OF SHIPPING: $22.21 USD (1Lbs to Canada)!!!
No thanks
Sep 20, 2009
1 posts
Ottawa
Atragon wrote:
Nov 17th, 2007 10:06 pm
There is also a UPS store in Ogdensburg, which happens to be open on Saturday, IIRC they will hold for 1 week, and costs $5 per package.
QUOTE]

I just used this service for the first time today. Left Ottawa at 10:30, stopped for US cash at my bank, drove down 416, paid toll at bridge (UPDATE: $3.25 Cdn or $2.75 US), through US Customs, picked up my parcel at UPS store (not even 5 minutes from the bridge in a small mall with Price Chopper and Lowes) and was leaving Canadian Customs (after paying GST and PST on AmEx) at 12:38! Turns out I did not need US cash as UPS takes credit card payments ($5 for the parcel). Saved myself about $75 on Thule racks, and had a great fall drive as a bonus.

The UPS Store
2981 Ford Street Extension
Gateway Shopping Center
Route 37
Ogdensburg New York 13669
Their phone number is: 315-393-1188.