• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2019 8:05 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 14, 2012
24 posts
6 upvotes
HAMILTON
While picking up some packages I asked American Mailbox in Niagara Falls if they will forward your package to you by mail. AmericanMailbox.net They mentioned that they do offer mail and package forwarding services.

Now Open Sundays.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1169 posts
80 upvotes
Has anyone used US Addresses recently? Have they changed owners?
Aug 31, 2006
473 posts
71 upvotes
I will be in Ottawa soon. If I want to order from amazon.com, can I have
items shipped to Ogdensburg (or some other close location) &
pick up items at some location that deals with Canadians??
Or will amazon even allow this?
Aug 31, 2006
473 posts
71 upvotes
OK - give me a little hint where to look.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11165 posts
2037 upvotes
cbiusa
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Aug 31, 2006
473 posts
71 upvotes
Jimboski:
Many tanks for directing me!
Looks like UPS is the way to go.
Dec 6, 2009
201 posts
10 upvotes
London
I'm trying to use the CBI USA facility and my Canadian RBC Visa card. I called RBC and added the mailing address of CBI to my profile but when I try to make purchases they get declined.

Would anyone know if I'm missing something in the process?
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1233 upvotes
Sauga
mastereh wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:14 am
I'm trying to use the CBI USA facility and my Canadian RBC Visa card. I called RBC and added the mailing address of CBI to my profile but when I try to make purchases they get declined.

Would anyone know if I'm missing something in the process?
Which website?
I have an account at CBI, and for websites that don't allow Canadian billing address I usually put:

[INDENT]Address Line 1: (My real house number and street name)
City: Mississauga Ontario
State: NY
Zip Code: 14303[/INDENT]

That tends to work in most cases (except for sites where they're strict about zip code matching city/state). I haven't added a second address on my credit card.

I don't know if it's still the case now, but a few years ago Mastercard used to work better than Visa. So if you have a Mastercard credit card, try that one instead.
Dec 6, 2009
201 posts
10 upvotes
London
Rehan wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:28 am
Which website?
I have an account at CBI, and for websites that don't allow Canadian billing address I usually put:

[INDENT]Address Line 1: (My real house number and street name)
City: Mississauga Ontario
State: NY
Zip Code: 14303[/INDENT]

That tends to work in most cases (except for sites where they're strict about zip code matching city/state). I haven't added a second address on my credit card.

I don't know if it's still the case now, but a few years ago Mastercard used to work better than Visa. So if you have a Mastercard credit card, try that one instead.
I'm trying to purchase from mikasa.com

I tried using the format you used for billing address but got a message that they couldn't match the address; I guess they go through all lengths to make sure Canadians don't purchase from them; the sales are pretty huge
Dec 6, 2009
201 posts
10 upvotes
London
ok nm I tried it again and it worked ... if everything goes alright I'm going to save easily $1k off china...
May 23, 2010
242 posts
45 upvotes
unlisted8495 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2012 10:28 pm
Orion (as I mentioned above) does all that. They will even consolidate all/some of your shipments if you want them to. You also don't need to "pay" for a mailing address- you can pay per parcel/mail received.
Anyone got their email address? They are not getting back to me via web interface.
Feb 20, 2012
167 posts
19 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
I found it best to call them, they are often in the back warehouse. Ph. 716-754-4346
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
rhunter1 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 1:39 pm
While picking up some packages I asked American Mailbox in Niagara Falls if they will forward your package to you by mail. American-Mailbox.net They mentioned that they do offer mail and package forwarding services.
I gotta be honest: CBI USA has done nothing wrong to me nor my packages but this being 2 blocks only from the Rainbow bridge just makes more things more convenient for everybody.