[Merged] Vegas Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2023 9:20 am
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2013
1066 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
buriboi wrote: Tix4Tongiht booth (all over the strip) also gives a moderate discount....get there early in the day to get tickets.
Somebody here mentioned the seats are bad from tix4tonight. But I'd say, no bad seats for both absinthe and le Reve since the venues are so small.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
2039 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
Heading to Vegas on Sunday. I looking for a good seafood buffet that doesn't cost arm and a claw. Any recommendation? Rio seafood buffet?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
lurker99 wrote: Heading to Vegas on Sunday. I looking for a good seafood buffet that doesn't cost arm and a claw. Any recommendation? Rio seafood buffet?
I don't think that exists anymore. All the higher end buffets are $45+, and even then, the seafood is never great there. I even did the sterling brunch buffet recently for $85/person and that was just okay. Oysters are usually warm and not fresh tasting, crab legs are getting smaller every year, and you'd be lucky to get king crab. I'd personally just do like the Aria/Bellagio/Wynn buffets or if you have a car, hit up M Resort.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7390 posts
291 upvotes
Scarborough
I remember seeing people walk around outside Caesar's Palace during the day and they were handing out coupons. Used to be 25% off but I got a 40% off this past summer when I was there. Not sure what discount Tix4Tonight gives but that's another option.

For seafood - you're not getting great seafood at buffets. As bobu mentioned, the 3 (Aria/Bellagio/Wynn) aren't bad options, but if you want great seafood you are better off not going to a buffet.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10528 upvotes
lurker99 wrote: Heading to Vegas on Sunday. I looking for a good seafood buffet that doesn't cost arm and a claw. Any recommendation? Rio seafood buffet?
I am not a huge seafood fan but went with a friend who was and he left very disappointed. I personally didn't think it was anything special.

We used Tix4Tonight to get discount passes (if I recall), and I know they have quite a few buffet passes available.
May 11, 2009
536 posts
369 upvotes
Vancouver
What's the consensus here on the Vegas explorer pass from Costco? http://www.costco.ca/Las-Vegas-Explorer ... 16403.html

Gives you 4 things to do for $90, seems like a decent deal, but some online reviews talk about how a PITA getting the actual tickets to each event was, and that there was a lot of running around. Does anyone here have experience with this?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10528 upvotes
headhunt3r wrote: What's the consensus here on the Vegas explorer pass from Costco? http://www.costco.ca/Las-Vegas-Explorer ... 16403.html

Gives you 4 things to do for $90, seems like a decent deal, but some online reviews talk about how a PITA getting the actual tickets to each event was, and that there was a lot of running around. Does anyone here have experience with this?
I have not used it, but I assume it's similar to Tix4Tonight in that you redeem at the box office before the show starts. If there is assigned seating you want to redeem as soon as you can to get good seats, otherwise if you redeem closer to show time you might get crappy seats. This is what I assume people are referring to when discussing "running around". In the case of attractions you can walk right into (CSI, Madame Tussauds, etc.), I would assume redeeming the tickets is done directly at the ticket booth.

That said, what shows/attractions would you like? I know when I look through the list of the Costco ones, it's not that impressive to me. Perhaps you are better off waiting until you are there and use Tix4Tonight, and for the shows you absolutely want to see look up and see the offers on places like SmarterVegas and TravelZoo ahead of time.

One thing about Vegas is that there is a lot to do, and sometimes booking yourself up ahead of time limits you more than helps you.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
headhunt3r wrote: What's the consensus here on the Vegas explorer pass from Costco? http://www.costco.ca/Las-Vegas-Explorer ... 16403.html

Might be cheaper on Groupon if you wait for one of those 20% off deals. And it's good value if you want to see whatever's on the list. The shows on there are actually pretty good and I would recommend it.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/smart-destinations-31
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5861 posts
777 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know when the Royal Offer for the next year usually comes out?
May 11, 2009
536 posts
369 upvotes
Vancouver
TrevorK wrote: I have not used it, but I assume it's similar to Tix4Tonight in that you redeem at the box office before the show starts. If there is assigned seating you want to redeem as soon as you can to get good seats, otherwise if you redeem closer to show time you might get crappy seats. This is what I assume people are referring to when discussing "running around". In the case of attractions you can walk right into (CSI, Madame Tussauds, etc.), I would assume redeeming the tickets is done directly at the ticket booth.

That said, what shows/attractions would you like? I know when I look through the list of the Costco ones, it's not that impressive to me. Perhaps you are better off waiting until you are there and use Tix4Tonight, and for the shows you absolutely want to see look up and see the offers on places like SmarterVegas and TravelZoo ahead of time.

One thing about Vegas is that there is a lot to do, and sometimes booking yourself up ahead of time limits you more than helps you.
From the comments in this thread, it seems like Absinthe is a must-see, so I was thinking either Tix4Tonight or a $20 discount from online if I pre-buy.
Off the list, definitely the High Roller at Linq, and then in the maybe pile:
- Madame Tussauds
- Rockstar VIP Club Tour with Transportation
- Zombie Burlesque at the V Theater
- Meal at Planet Hollywood Restaurant Forum Shops at Caesars Palace
Or would you suggest something else off the list.

@bobu - The Costco one gives you 4 attraction, where as the Groupon one only gives 3 for $60 USD. Even with the 20% off, it's about the same cost per attraction. So maybe if I think we'll only hit 3 of those, then I'll go for the Groupon deal instead.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10528 upvotes
headhunt3r wrote: From the comments in this thread, it seems like Absinthe is a must-see, so I was thinking either Tix4Tonight or a $20 discount from online if I pre-buy.
Off the list, definitely the High Roller at Linq, and then in the maybe pile:
- Madame Tussauds
- Rockstar VIP Club Tour with Transportation
- Zombie Burlesque at the V Theater
- Meal at Planet Hollywood Restaurant Forum Shops at Caesars Palace
Or would you suggest something else off the list.

@bobu - The Costco one gives you 4 attraction, where as the Groupon one only gives 3 for $60 USD. Even with the 20% off, it's about the same cost per attraction. So maybe if I think we'll only hit 3 of those, then I'll go for the Groupon deal instead.
Absinthe is one of those shows where there are really no bad seats - so I would not hesitate to wait until you are there to buy it. I know several times there have even been discounts handed out in front of the tent in the afternoon for tickets, so there are other options besides Tix4Tonight.

Off the list my personal favorite is V the Variety Show. It's not an adult show by any means (like Absinthe) but is a great all-around show. Some of the items you list like Madame Tussauds are good day time activities if you have nothing else going on - but I wouldn't want to make that an evening activity instead of going to a show. During the day time you might have other activities - many people hit up the outlet malls, pools, etc. so that's why I hesitate to tie yourself into going because when you get to Vegas you might have other daytime activities you would rather go to (and pools are a great example since they are not open at night).

If you are looking for something a little more educational/traditional, the atomic museum is great and has had discount tickets through GroupOn before. Definitely not in the realm of something like a Vegas show, but neat none the less if you want something a little different on your vacation.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
2039 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
Came back from Vegas on Friday and seen on the news that Uber can now pick-up people from the Vegas airport, before was only drop off. No more getting ripped off by taxi drivers.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
lurker99 wrote: Came back from Vegas on Friday and seen on the news that Uber can now pick-up people from the Vegas airport, before was only drop off. No more getting ripped off by taxi drivers.
Could have done Lyft anyways, but yeah Uber and Lyft are way better than taxis. I took uber a couple trips ago, guys were pleasant, drove google map route, and I waited less than 1 minute for each of them to arrive.
May 11, 2009
536 posts
369 upvotes
Vancouver
What's a good way to approach food in Vegas? Pre-shop groupon deals?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1886 posts
161 upvotes
just got back from Vegas on Saturday.
Question....
We were stopped several times by people trying to offer us incentives to stay at a particular hotel... One guy offered $200 in food and $100 in slot play... When I told him I don't play slots he upped the food credit to $300 instantly.

We didn't stick around to hear any of the full sales pitch, but just wondering if anyone has taken advantage of these deals and if they are legit? If they are legit.. are they available for purchase before one goes to vegas?

Thanks
Jan 12, 2008
272 posts
141 upvotes
mcewen wrote: just got back from Vegas on Saturday.
Question....
We were stopped several times by people trying to offer us incentives to stay at a particular hotel... One guy offered $200 in food and $100 in slot play... When I told him I don't play slots he upped the food credit to $300 instantly.

We didn't stick around to hear any of the full sales pitch, but just wondering if anyone has taken advantage of these deals and if they are legit? If they are legit.. are they available for purchase before one goes to vegas?

Thanks
My guess is that was a timeshare hawker. If you want to spend 4 or 5 hours listening to someone trying to hard sell you a timeshare in order to receive these "free" things, go for it. Definitely not worth it to me.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
mcewen wrote: just got back from Vegas on Saturday.
Question....

Thanks
I operate on the assumption that "there's always a catch" so I never take them up on those offers.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7390 posts
291 upvotes
Scarborough
headhunt3r wrote: What's a good way to approach food in Vegas? Pre-shop groupon deals?
What kind of food are you looking for? Narrow down that first as options are endless.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
headhunt3r wrote: What's a good way to approach food in Vegas? Pre-shop groupon deals?
myVEGAS and Groupons are my go to. Also sign up for newsletters like the Earl of Sandwich or Hash House a Go Go for coupons.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
bobu wrote: myVEGAS and Groupons are my go to. Also sign up for newsletters like the Earl of Sandwich or Hash House a Go Go for coupons.
I love Earl of Sandwich. I always eat at the one at Planet Hollywood and In-N-Out when I'm in Vegas.