Travel

[Merged] Vegas Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2023 9:20 am
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
blairs1 wrote: Thank you for this. I have rented a car the past few trips, and this upcoming trip I won't be. I'm sure that I'll cab it a few times - how reliable is Lyft? I've never used these types of services before.
Reliable enough. The estimated time of arrival is iffy though, I've had ones that say 5 minutes I've waited 15 min for. It's fairly good at estimating, just don't be surprised if they're a little late. If you can, have a roaming number they can call, cause sometimes if they can't find you, they will.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
bobu wrote: Reliable enough. The estimated time of arrival is iffy though, I've had ones that say 5 minutes I've waited 15 min for. It's fairly good at estimating, just don't be surprised if they're a little late. If you can, have a roaming number they can call, cause sometimes if they can't find you, they will.
good to know - if I can save a few bucks by going this route, why not?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7390 posts
291 upvotes
Scarborough
First time using Lyft for me as well so I'll definitely activate when I'm down there, thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
wesleyw wrote: First time using Lyft for me as well so I'll definitely activate when I'm down there, thanks.
Just make sure to use both Lyft and Uber and remember to do the referrals to whoever you're going with. Since Uber is a flat $15 off, I save those for the long rides, so like the airport rides or downtown, and then I use Lyft for going up and down the Strip. I went from Cosmo to Mirage/Wynn area a few times, and cost me like $1-2 every time.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1571 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
To confirm, both Lyft and Uber have to be for fist time users? I've used Uber, but never Lyft...

Any idea when the new dates for the Crown & Anchor will be released? Looking to go in Oct.
Oct 17, 2013
231 posts
74 upvotes
Summerside
Smoothie wrote: To confirm, both Lyft and Uber have to be for fist time users? I've used Uber, but never Lyft...

Any idea when the new dates for the Crown & Anchor will be released? Looking to go in Oct.
Both first time users. Crown and Anchor will usually come out about 2nd or 3rd week of Aug again for this next time. I am waiting too. Going in September.
Feb 14, 2014
171 posts
24 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Planet Hollywood + Flights @550/pp
Aria + Flights @ 650/pp

Second week of august dates, 4 Days 3 Nights. Is $100 pp extra worth it for the ARIA

Flying out of Vancouver
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18944 posts
10527 upvotes
jayech wrote: Planet Hollywood + Flights @550/pp
Aria + Flights @ 650/pp

Second week of august dates, 4 Days 3 Nights. Is $100 pp extra worth it for the ARIA

Flying out of Vancouver
One advantage to Planet Hollywood is that the walk from your room to the strip will be much less than Aria. Aria is set back quite a bit from the strip. Planet Hollywood also has the Miracle Mile attached, which provides lower priced dining options. Not to mention Planet Hollywood has Earl of Sandwich.

You can obviously see my preference :)

I have stayed at both - Aria rooms are nicer, newer, and overall the entire complex is nicer. Planet Hollywood has a much more youthful / party vibe to it, which adds to the fun of Vegas for many. If you're looking for a relaxing place, Vdara might be a better choice than Aria and is often cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7390 posts
291 upvotes
Scarborough
PH is more convenient but Aria isn't far behind IMO. I personally would save the $200 and stay at PH, but I really do like Aria.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
jayech wrote: Planet Hollywood + Flights @550/pp
Aria + Flights @ 650/pp

Flying out of Vancouver
Aria's one of my favorite properties, and there's usually a bonus like free buffets or free resort credit when booking with an mlife property. Is there anything to help subsidize that $200 difference?
Feb 14, 2014
171 posts
24 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Nothing I can find. The Royal Caribbean thing doesnt work for august either.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
jayech wrote: Nothing I can find. The Royal Caribbean thing doesnt work for august either.
What dates? Thing with packages is once they're booked, u can't change them, where as if you book separately, and let's say something like the royal offer does pop up, u can cancel and rebook.
Dec 13, 2010
341 posts
153 upvotes
jayech wrote: Nothing I can find. The Royal Caribbean thing doesnt work for august either.
As it was already posted by Josutton just above your 1st post, the Royal Caribbean ''thing'' will be extended around mid-August until end of December as was usually the case for the past couple of years.
But since you can't wait till then, check out the hotel deals section on Smartervegas.com or the promo here below with $75 Resort Credit valid at ARIA or Vdara but rates are steep for 2nd week of August.

Through Sep 30, 2017

Enjoy Exclusive Rates at Vdara and a $75 Resort Credit valid at ARIA or Vdara

Stay at Vdara Hotel & Spa and Receive a $75 Resort Credit and a view upgrade when staying on the following bonus dates: Jun 2017: 28 - 30; Jul 2017: 4-6, 23; Aug 2017: 1 - 3, 6-10, 24, 28-31; Sept 2017: 4-7, 28. Offer Code: VD75RCAR76

https://www.vdara.com/en/booking/room-b ... umGuests=2
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm looking to spend a week in Vegas mid Aug. Looked at the package deals from Expedia and the rates for Bellagio are $1700 pp?! I went a few years ago and I think I paid $700 PP... 4 days + flight also staying at Bellagio. Any good deals going on for Aug? Not really restricted to travel time..
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
2039 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
If you're going for 7 days, then Friday & Sat. will jack up the price. They cheapest time is Sun to Friday (check out) , but only 5 night.
patrickkc wrote: I'm looking to spend a week in Vegas mid Aug. Looked at the package deals from Expedia and the rates for Bellagio are $1700 pp?! I went a few years ago and I think I paid $700 PP... 4 days + flight also staying at Bellagio. Any good deals going on for Aug? Not really restricted to travel time..
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12399 posts
4935 upvotes
Toronto
lurker99 wrote: If you're going for 7 days, then Friday & Sat. will jack up the price. They cheapest time is Sun to Friday (check out) , but only 5 night.
That's what I did, I check in on Sunday and leave Friday. Avoid Wk-ends.
Flip few pages back in this thread which we talked about Crown Royal offer. Cheaper room rates + includes resort credit with min 2 nights.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18944 posts
10527 upvotes
Personally, I would only go for a visit that includes the weekend (unless it's for work). The weekends are when it gets busy and exciting - everything is built to handle the large crowds and things seem a little more empty / sad during the slow weekdays.

There are many reasons for high prices, sometimes it is as simple as a convention at the hotel you are looking at (or surrounding hotel).

When I look at Toronto - Vegas, leaving Aug 10 coming back Aug 15 it's only 1300 per person at the Bellagio using Westjet Vacations. The Bellagio is also the most expensive hotel during this time range. The Palazzo is $1000 per person during the same range. So I think your $1700 per person seems a little high, especially if you are willing to consider other hotels.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I will definitely look into only staying 5 days. Expedia is really screwing with me.. since 2 weeks ago , I checked the hotel + flight deals for Bellagio was only $900 PP.

I don't mind staying at other hotels. Wanted to try Aria or Cosmopolitan.

I kinda want to hit up LA and SFO while I'm there.. possibly fly to LAS and leave from SFO. This way, I can't buy those hotel / flight combos.. which might end up being quite costly.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: I'm looking to spend a week in Vegas mid Aug. Looked at the package deals from Expedia and the rates for Bellagio are $1700 pp?! I went a few years ago and I think I paid $700 PP... 4 days + flight also staying at Bellagio. Any good deals going on for Aug? Not really restricted to travel time..
You're not going to get $700/person anymore for a few reasons.

1) CAD is much higher than a few years ago.
2) The resort fees are ridiculous now. Just 7 days at Bellagio, resort fees are over $400 cad.
3) Weekends are pricier now, probably because of all the pool parties and what not. A lot more non-gaming revenue vs a few years ago.

You can still get some great deals though, best value hotel usually something like MGM or Mandalay Bay if you're flexible with hotels.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2521 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
I managed to book a trip for labour day weekend, Sunday to Friday for 900 all in with Air Canada daytime direct flights at the Mirage including transfers. Mind you, I got the first night comped via my vegas (not bad for a long weekend Sunday night valued at around $159 US). This is a solo trip, so it's single occupancy. BTS week is generally quieter as college folks head back to school and parents need to home for their kids as well.

But I agree with comments above that Vegas is not what it was 25 years ago. Gone are cheap rooms, cheap buffets, 1.99 Steak & eggs breakfasts, .99 shrimp cocktails, low limit tables, etc... Vegas now targets 21-25 YOs looking to party and get drunk non stop over the weekend. I usually try to go during CES week; while rooms are overpriced. the city is filled with professionals and much better, plus CES is amazing if you can get in.
Celebrating 21+ years on RFD!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)