• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 5:56 pm
Oct 17, 2013
110 posts
11 upvotes
Summerside, PE
Bonder wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 9:45 am
So how does that work exactly? I am planning a trip in early December to the Luxor, would love to grab the resort credit. Do they do any sort of verification, or do you just talk all nautical at check-in? :)
Have used Royal offer many times and never ever asked for proof. Have Vdara booked for Feb. If it makes you feel better you can join free anyway, but we,.... nor our friends have ever been asked for it.
Jun 6, 2010
122 posts
31 upvotes
Winnipeg
Josutton wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 12:54 pm
Have used Royal offer many times and never ever asked for proof. Have Vdara booked for Feb. If it makes you feel better you can join free anyway, but we,.... nor our friends have ever been asked for it.
Yes, I just noticed I could join it. I think I will take the gamble. Its Vegas!
Oct 17, 2013
110 posts
11 upvotes
Summerside, PE
Bonder wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 3:05 pm
Yes, I just noticed I could join it. I think I will take the gamble. Its Vegas!
Not even a gamble...just a great deal. We do 2 bookings back to back and each get credit....separate names of course.
Jan 7, 2010
388 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
13inches wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 7:59 am
Username does not check out.
your user name is 13 inches, lol. and your making comments bout names. ha ha tee hee
Jan 7, 2010
388 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
Swerny wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 1:35 pm
pretty poor form even for RFD.
Not sure why poor form, this is life, its comes and goes, prices goes up and down. When its Christmas season and every1 is happy and jolly that doesnt stop airlines and hotels from raising their prices. so when something bad happens maybe we can finally get a discount. Turnabout is always fair play.

BTW, ammunition and gun companies stocks are all up on the stock market. I guess some ppl are cashing in already.
Oct 17, 2013
110 posts
11 upvotes
Summerside, PE
HiClass wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 7:46 pm
Not sure why poor form, this is life, its comes and goes, prices goes up and down. When its Christmas season and every1 is happy and jolly that doesnt stop airlines and hotels from raising their prices. so when something bad happens maybe we can finally get a discount. Turnabout is always fair play.

BTW, ammunition and gun companies stocks are all up on the stock market. I guess some ppl are cashing in already.
Bit different hiking prices for Christmas, boxing match or the like, to posting we may get a deal because 59 innocent people have been brutally murdered and 500 are still injured. Lets hope you get your deal then.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4656 posts
1579 upvotes
Josutton wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 7:31 am
Bit different hiking prices for Christmas, boxing match or the like, to posting we may get a deal because 59 innocent people have been brutally murdered and 500 are still injured. Lets hope you get your deal then.
Why? It's just supply and demand. At Christmas and for special events, demand peaks and prices go up. After a disaster like the one we've just seen it's not inconceivable that demand, and therefore prices, will drop. After 9/11, obviously a disaster of much bigger proportions, Vegas was a ghost town for a time and prices plummeted.

Time will tell but there's no point in people getting upset over simple economics.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5197 posts
999 upvotes
Montreal
Conquistador wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 9:17 am
Why? It's just supply and demand. At Christmas and for special events, demand peaks and prices go up. After a disaster like the one we've just seen it's not inconceivable that demand, and therefore prices, will drop. After 9/11, obviously a disaster of much bigger proportions, Vegas was a ghost town for a time and prices plummeted.

Time will tell but there's no point in people getting upset over simple economics.
I don't think anyone disagrees with that point. But at least 14 people here think it's poor form to openly say "I hope that I will benefit from this atrocious mass murder".
Oct 17, 2013
110 posts
11 upvotes
Summerside, PE
Conquistador wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 9:17 am

Not upset just would not have been my immediate reaction to post that, so soon after such an event. Good luck to them.
Jun 6, 2010
122 posts
31 upvotes
Winnipeg
Josutton wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 3:19 pm
Not even a gamble...just a great deal. We do 2 bookings back to back and each get credit....separate names of course.
The wife and I are staying for 4 nights, so we could split the booking to double dip, but how does it work. Would we need to change rooms? Do they just check you out and back in to the same one? Obviously the desk clerk knows exactly what you are doing, I am guessing they don't care?
Oct 17, 2013
110 posts
11 upvotes
Summerside, PE
Bonder wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 9:58 am
The wife and I are staying for 4 nights, so we could split the booking to double dip, but how does it work. Would we need to change rooms? Do they just check you out and back in to the same one? Obviously the desk clerk knows exactly what you are doing, I am guessing they don't care?
They dont care. We just ask at check in for them to link our bookings and not had a problem yet and just stayed in the same room. All 5 couples of us do it, and have done it many times. One time at Mirage did go to room and key would not open door on the 3rd day . Went to reception, they apologized and just re programmed our key. That only happened once.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7800 posts
912 upvotes
Markham
Bonder wrote:
Book 2 nights with your name and 2 nights under your wife's name?
At check in at 1st night, u may ask the front desk to keep the 3rd night with 2nd booking the same room.
They will be just doing their job, wouldn't ask how you get it.

Usually, I will book with 2 different hotel to have 2 different experiences for a vacation. hehe
Your hotel credits on the 1st 2 night will expire once you check out, so it is not like you can use the whole lum sump all together.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Oct 17, 2013
110 posts
11 upvotes
Summerside, PE
Bonder wrote:
Dont forget you have to use the credit for each booking in that 48 hrs before you officially check out though......so cant carry over the credit. We are doing 6 nights in Feb. Checked with hotel and as its not consecutive they say thats fine. Have it in an email. First time we have done 6 though!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5197 posts
999 upvotes
Montreal
I'm visiting a friend in Vegas next week and I need a cheap place to stay for two nights. I don't need anything fancy and I won't be spending much time on the Strip.

Is Circus Circus really all that bad? Should I consider somewhere else? Other cheap options include Silver Sevens, Ellis Island, Hooters and Arizona Charlie's Decatur.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7800 posts
912 upvotes
Markham
If you are not staying on Strip, try to look for some hotel that doesn't charge resort fee off Strip.
Most if not all hotels on Strip charge resort fee range from $28 -$39 USD per night.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015