Ongoing Deal Discussion

Locked: [Bell] Virgin Mobile/Bell: Unlimited talk, text & 6GB data for $50/mnth *T-Bay only

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2014 3:02 pm
SCORE
+66
Dec 27, 2007
37 posts
13 upvotes
djkilljoy77 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:48 am
Anyone still having trouble calling in to switch over to TB50 and having them ask you to go in-store? I did a new activation through Virgin on a cheap m2m plan with my phone, changed the address but on calling in to get the plan am told I have to go in-store...
How many times have you called? You might have to be extremely polite, and call back several times until you get the answer that you want to hear.

Cheers,
SD.
Sep 27, 2003
7446 posts
1176 upvotes
Newmarket
sanman9 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:15 am
The Virgin Mobile Thunderbay Plan seems to be better as it comes with Voicemail 10 vs Voicemail 3 on Bell. Virgin also has Unlimited International Picture and Video Messaging vs Canada and US Picture and Video Messaging on Bell. Its a great plan regardless. Thanks again to the original poster and others who have contributed to this thread.
Bell includes VM 25
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Dec 14, 2007
146 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Smackdaddy wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:59 am
How many times have you called? You might have to be extremely polite, and call back several times until you get the answer that you want to hear.

Cheers,
SD.
I called just once and figured they stopped doing this now as I saw a bunch on here had the same issues last week. I'll try again later on in the evening. #fingerscrossed

Thanks!
Nov 4, 2001
275 posts
3 upvotes
Tried twice yesterday. Both times got the same reply of needing to go into a local store. Morning was with a local csr, evening was with an overseas one. The evening one was willing to make then change, but then after placing me on hold comes back after 2-3 mins and says they don't have true authority to do so and also mentioned this plan can only be given at the time of activation.

Will try again today maybe, otherwise will return this newly activates Bell line.
djkilljoy77 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:48 am
Anyone still having trouble calling in to switch over to TB50 and having them ask you to go in-store? I did a new activation through Virgin on a cheap m2m plan with my phone, changed the address but on calling in to get the plan am told I have to go in-store...
Oct 7, 2006
13 posts
2 upvotes
Woodbridge
Has anyone else been able to switch to this plan in the last couple days? I tried today via phone & online chat with no luck. Should I try again later tonight or is it best to wait a day & give some time between calls & chat?
Jun 14, 2011
486 posts
1870 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 9:32 am
You must call in a TOR. If both lines have share now, then yes, they would share 12GB after a TOR was completed.
Just another 2 quick questions, usually when can I expect the TOR process complete? And do you think it's safe to TOR a account on TB plan?
Dec 14, 2007
146 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
newguy7 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:33 pm
Has anyone else been able to switch to this plan in the last couple days? I tried today via phone & online chat with no luck. Should I try again later tonight or is it best to wait a day & give some time between calls & chat?
I decided to try again, got a really nice CSR but was politely told that I have to go in-store. Said everything (including my friend got it done no problems and its a hassle). CSR simply said they've been finding too many people abusing the promo and this is the only way they'll be able to keep things under control moving forward. After pressing a bit, he put me on hold for a few minutes and told me their supervisor needs to approve this now and he won't so that was it.

I'm curious is anyone's been able to get on the deal since after Dec 31st (extension of deal) by abusing the loophole?

Edit: This was with Virgin
Sep 27, 2003
7446 posts
1176 upvotes
Newmarket
gokeeper wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:48 pm
Just another 2 quick questions, usually when can I expect the TOR process complete? And do you think it's safe to TOR a account on TB plan?
ToR is instant. As for safe other users can answer that as I don't give advice on committing fraud.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3366 posts
821 upvotes
Ottawa
onlineharvest wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:29 am
Seeing that you are in Ottawa, should you every take a trip to the north of Ontario, you will be VERY THANKFUL to be on Bell instead of Rogers network.
I used to travel in the north frequently, and depending where you are, I would experience 2 hours dead zones with Rogers. That's a hell of a lot more than 2 minutes! lol
I go camping a lot in the Bancroft area, at least 2 weekends a month in the summer, definitely excited to try it out. Thanks for the heads up!
Jul 15, 2002
169 posts
3 upvotes
Tried twice calling in to Bell and got the same reply, that I need to go to on location to get the deal. Will try again tonight and if not then back it goes...
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
1705 posts
375 upvotes
Ottawa
WorldIRC wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 7:54 am
Guys this is not a zoned plan. Simply a regionally offered plan. It's not that complex. Unlimited voice and text within Canada and 6GB within Canada as long as you're on the Bell network.
I've got an Ottawa number on my Virgin TBay plan. Spent Christmas in St Catharines/Niagara Falls and received an alert before every phone call that this would be a long distance call subject to additional charges. Does this mean I will receive this sort of alert whenever I am make a call while outside the 613 area code? I presume that no charges will accrue to my account but I was wondering if this is a system generated notification associated with the manner in which Virgin activates this plan since they do desecribe that "Standard LD Rate (to US & CAN) will apply"
A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 2, 2008
9379 posts
848 upvotes
pauldryan wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 3:02 pm
I've got an Ottawa number on my Virgin TBay plan. Spent Christmas in St Catharines/Niagara Falls and received an alert before every phone call that this would be a long distance call subject to additional charges. Does this mean I will receive this sort of alert whenever I am make a call while outside the 613 area code? I presume that no charges will accrue to my account but I was wondering if this is a system generated notification associated with the manner in which Virgin activates this plan since they do desecribe that "Standard LD Rate (to US & CAN) will apply"
u has canada wide minutes
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
1875 posts
293 upvotes
pauldryan wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 3:02 pm
is this the first time you've used a cell phone to make an LD call??? That's the standard message you get when you place an LD call when you don't dial using 1 first. it doesn't mean you will get charged LD

edit: you dialed numbers straight from your phone book and the numbers in the phone book probably didn't have a 1 in front.
Sep 27, 2003
7446 posts
1176 upvotes
Newmarket
mech9t5 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 3:23 pm
is this the first time you've used a cell phone to make an LD call??? That's the standard message you get when you place an LD call when you don't dial using 1 first. it doesn't mean you will get charged LD
Agreed. Dial 1 next time.
RFD Forums Moderator
Aug 3, 2009
478 posts
24 upvotes
just switched to this and ported my number over. Thank you rfd
× < >