May 8, 2012
194 posts
421 upvotes
London

[Netflix] Watch Netflix, MTV, CBS, Hulu & more outside the U.S

More offers from Netflix
Hi Guys,

I had a paid annual membership with another service called unblock-us.com
Basically, this site offers the same thing but for FREE - With this site, I won't need to renew my membership!

Stream video or music, whenever and wherever you want

Do you want to stream video or audio from U.S.-based on-demand Internet streaming media providers but can't get in on the fun because you're living outside the U.S.? Fear not, Tunlr lets you stream content from sites like Netflix, Hulu, MTV, CBS, ABC, Pandora and more to your Mac or PC. Want to watch Netflix or HuluPlus on your iPad, AppleTV or XBox 360 even though you're not in the U.S.? Tunlr lets you do this.

Source: http://tunlr.net/

*please thank if you found this helpful
158 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1302 posts
327 upvotes
My bad, didn't click on link.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
Wow. Cool. Going give it a shot. Using hotspot shield on one of my laptops now and it works. It not ideal to allow other devices to access USA content. Not sure how they are planning to cover their costs though.
Aug 26, 2007
55 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
concussionssuck wrote:
May 21st, 2012 1:33 pm
Does it work?

EDIT: Can anyone confirm?

Works on Hulu, and without any buffering issues!
Jul 21, 2006
816 posts
135 upvotes
Is this safe to change your DNS settings any risk to privacy?
[OP]
May 8, 2012
194 posts
421 upvotes
London
stratux wrote:
May 21st, 2012 1:49 pm
Is this safe to change your DNS settings any risk to privacy?

What about privacy?

If you choose to use our free service, only a tiny amount of your internet traffic is routed through our network. Most of that data is securely encrypted. Even if we wanted to, we wouldn’t be able to decode it. We don’t save any personal information and we don’t mine any data. Since we don’t save any personal information, there’s nothing to be shared with or sold to third parties. If that’s not enough to convince you – don’t use our service, it’s as simple as that.

For speed, stability, privacy and security reasons we do not recommend to permanently set your DNS addresses to Tunlr. Setting your DNS permanently to Tunlr also puts a heavy strain on Tunlr’s network infrastructure.

Source: http://tunlr.net/faq/
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
Is there a way to set it up on the router side to only use this DNS when connecting to USA based sites (like a list of sites that you enter in). With DD-WRT or Tomato?
[OP]
May 8, 2012
194 posts
421 upvotes
London
YLSF wrote:
May 21st, 2012 2:42 pm
Is there a way to set it up on the router side to only use this DNS when connecting to USA based sites (like a list of sites that you enter in). With DD-WRT or Tomato?

Place these as your DNS server in your router

The primary DNS server is 149.154.158.186
The secondary DNS server is: 199.167.30.144
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2012
1711 posts
490 upvotes
thanks op cancelled my unblock-us subscription. hopefully the service lasts.

edit: maybe a noob question but would one simply be able to use any public US dns address? for instance, a usa address from here:

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS

pros and cons, if there are any?
× < >