None
[OP]
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto

[Merged] What the hell happened to Off Topic - May 29 @ 11:53am

Everything thread has been deleted and there is only this weird archive stuff now.
Share:
134 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Housekeeping, I presume. They could be giving OT a clean slate and mass-lock the old posts.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9312 posts
1883 upvotes
Somewhere
I predict a lot of the old threads will be recreated in the new forum and the chaos will continue.
:confused:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
iEyeCaptain wrote:
May 29th, 2012 11:58 am
I predict a lot of the old threads will be recreated in the new forum and the chaos will continue.

Did you read the new rules? I know you had to check the yes you understood and agree to them to post on OT. ;) If problematic threads are recreated, there will be no tolerance when it comes to breaking the new rules. ;)
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
We have rebooted Off Topic for a fresh start! We are going to tighten up on the rules in Off Topic. The biggest change is that we are not allowing Political discussions anymore and will be cracking down on the racism, bickering, taunting, overall rudeness and most of all trolling that has showing up in the past little while.

We want to get back to a Off Topic forum that will welcome all and be a fun, friendly place to chat about topics that don't belong anywhere else on the site.

Not the hostile, rude, trolling forum that it currently was.

I will transfer back good threads from the old Off Topic. If you would like to see a thread returned, please let me know and a decision will be made on it.

Thanks,
oranr
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
iEyeCaptain wrote:
May 29th, 2012 11:58 am
This will not happen.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4736 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
Am I the only one who thought off topic was just fine the way it was? A little intense debating, political conversation, etc etc, is actually fun. The new rules are only going to water everything down and make it boring
Banned
Feb 26, 2012
231 posts
6 upvotes
NORTH YORK
anyone care to explain?
offtopic archives? why are ALL the threads there?

im so confused
It seems to be getting harder.. distinguishing reality from the illusions people make for us, or the ones we make for ourselves.
I don't know. Maybe that's part of the plan, to make me think I'm crazy....... it's working.

and before you know it, crazy becomes normal..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9312 posts
1883 upvotes
Somewhere
oranr wrote:
May 29th, 2012 12:07 pm
I will transfer back good threads from the old Off Topic. If you would like to see a thread returned, please let me know and a decision will be made on it.
Thanks!

Because I believe there are some good, active, rule abiding threads in OT that deserve to be continued in the new OT.
CSK'sMom wrote:
May 29th, 2012 12:06 pm
Did you read the new rules? I know you had to check the yes you understood and agree to them to post on OT. ;) If problematic threads are recreated, there will be no tolerance when it comes to breaking the new rules. ;)

I spent a similar amount of time reading the new rules as I do reading the iTunes user agreements (which... for the sake not being banned, could be anywhere between 0 minutes to 120 minutes ;) )

New question - most trolling, rude comments etc come from a select few members. I find that most are respectful, most of the time. Was a stricter, lower tolerance system of handing out punishment discussed?
:confused:
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
It's not like the old threads are gone, anyhow. They're still there. You just can't contribute (at the moment) to them.

That said, I think the You Laugh You Lose deserves consideration in being returned.
Banned
Feb 26, 2012
231 posts
6 upvotes
NORTH YORK
It seems to be getting harder.. distinguishing reality from the illusions people make for us, or the ones we make for ourselves.
I don't know. Maybe that's part of the plan, to make me think I'm crazy....... it's working.

Banned
Feb 26, 2012
231 posts
6 upvotes
NORTH YORK
gei wrote:
May 29th, 2012 12:20 pm
Am I the only one who thought off topic was just fine the way it was? A little intense debating, political conversation, etc etc, is actually fun. The new rules are only going to water everything down and make it boring

same.. only came to this site for off topic..

Oct 22, 2004
777 posts
45 upvotes
Woodstock
oranr wrote:
May 29th, 2012 12:07 pm
You Laugh You Lose!

Always a good one. It can come back with images monitored more closely if NSFW was an issue.

--Ethan
I <3 Pepsi!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)